News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Quitting is Contagious

Started by gah, April 20, 2009, 10:09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gah

Quote from: phil on April 09, 2012, 04:17:38 PM
Quote from: UncleEbinezer on April 09, 2012, 04:03:48 PM
Quote from: kellerb on April 09, 2012, 03:53:35 PM
Quote from: UncleEbinezer on April 09, 2012, 03:37:18 PM
I've been 6 months without a cigarette! 

I also have gone 4 days without nicotine.  I was rocking those 2mg Nicotine mints.  Now I'm using Altoids. 

:banana:

You can smoke altoids? that's way cheaper than cigarettes!

Definitely way cheaper than cigarettes.  I'm also quickly collecting a lot of nice nugget tins.   :mrgreen:

My beef with keeping weed in altoid tins is that it ends up tasting like you're smoking altoids, and confusion abounds

This is only initially. After you've had them for awhile, it smells nothing like altoids. As would be expected. I have this one altoids tin that's just got this classic retro design. I have no idea how old it is....
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: goodabouthood on April 09, 2012, 04:20:01 PM
Quote from: phil on April 09, 2012, 04:17:38 PM
Quote from: UncleEbinezer on April 09, 2012, 04:03:48 PM
Quote from: kellerb on April 09, 2012, 03:53:35 PM

I also have gone 4 days without nicotine.  I was rocking those 2mg Nicotine mints.  Now I'm using Altoids. 

You can smoke altoids? that's way cheaper than cigarettes!

Definitely way cheaper than cigarettes.  I'm also quickly collecting a lot of nice nugget tins.   :mrgreen:

My beef with keeping weed in altoid tins is that it ends up tasting like you're smoking altoids, and confusion abounds

This is only initially. After you've had them for awhile, it smells nothing like altoids. As would be expected. I have this one altoids tin that's just got this classic retro design. I have no idea how old it is....

I don't have this problem either. 
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

Undermind

Great job man!  Altoids get me through cravings too.
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

Buffalo Budd

Congrats UncleEb!

Just passed 3 months myself.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

phil

Nice work all around, today is six weeks for me
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

Undermind

Quote from: phil on April 09, 2012, 11:29:15 PM
Nice work all around, today is six weeks for me
Great job!
Today is day #100 for me!
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

khalpin

Whole lotta win going on here!   :clap:

gah

sls.stormyrider

yep
great work everyone
:rawk:
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Undermind

I suck  :frustrated:

I don't seem to have issues with the initial quit, but 4 or 5 months down the road.  I need to remember why I quit.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Undermind on April 27, 2012, 10:14:09 AM

I don't seem to have issues with the initial quit, but 4 or 5 months down the road.  I need to remember why I quit.
Don't let a slip up discourage you from continuing though.  That's what has happened to me in the past and I just let myself get back into the habit.  Chin up.

Coming up on 4 months for me, feels great.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

gah

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on April 27, 2012, 11:00:15 AM

Don't let a slip up discourage you from continuing though.  That's what has happened to me in the past and I just let myself get back into the habit.  Chin up.

Yeah dude. That little voice is always going to be there trying to convince you to give in. Maybe at 4 or 5 months is where it just starts to sweet talk you about having done such a good job, and maybe you're ok with this, and you can reward yourself with a smoke or something. Know what you do when that voice shows up? Tell it to go fuck itself. Seriously. Just be like, I got this motherfucker, so step off. And destroy it. It may or may not get the message, but you're stronger than it anyway, so let it come back. Everytime you turn it down, you get stronger, and it gets weaker.

You got this brother!  :clap:

Undermind

Quote from: goodabouthood on April 27, 2012, 11:12:14 AM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on April 27, 2012, 11:00:15 AM

Yeah dude. That little voice is always going to be there trying to convince you to give in. Maybe at 4 or 5 months is where it just starts to sweet talk you about having done such a good job, and maybe you're ok with this, and you can reward yourself with a smoke or something. Know what you do when that voice shows up? Tell it to go fuck itself. Seriously. Just be like, I got this motherfucker, so step off. And destroy it. It may or may not get the message, but you're stronger than it anyway, so let it come back. Everytime you turn it down, you get stronger, and it gets weaker.

You got this brother!  :clap:

Thanks guys.  Gonna quit for good soon!

Lifeboy

Been smoke-free for a week today!

but...... I haven't been to the bar or a show in a week. Not sure if I'll be able to stay strong if I go out this weekend.
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

gah

Quote from: Lifeboy on April 27, 2012, 12:20:47 PM
Been smoke-free for a week today!

but...... I haven't been to the bar or a show in a week. Not sure if I'll be able to stay strong if I go out this weekend.

Sure you will. Take some candy with you and when you feel like having a smoke or wanna step outside when you'd normally have a smoke, pop a candy instead.