News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Quitting is Contagious

Started by gah, April 20, 2009, 10:09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

Awesome to hear it's working (the chantix, not your morning wood)!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mbw

so, i put this off until after the holidays since it was a a ridiculously stressful time at work.

day 2 bitch!  not even freaking out, and actually excited about winning this fight.

antelope19

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on January 02, 2013, 10:44:53 AM
so, i put this off until after the holidays since it was a a ridiculously stressful time at work.

day 2 bitch!  not even freaking out, and actually excited about winning this fight.

NICE!  Keep up the good work!
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

gah

I expect a post in here everyday until day 14 at least. Don't be a pussy. Just do it.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: goodabouthood on January 02, 2013, 12:44:01 PM

I expect a post in here everyday until day 14 at least. Don't be a pussy. Just do it.
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

Augustus

Yesterday was 9 years cigarette-free for me.
Fuck those things.

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Augustus on January 02, 2013, 04:48:26 PM
Fuck those things.

Agreed, one year for me.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on January 02, 2013, 08:36:38 PM
Quote from: Augustus on January 02, 2013, 04:48:26 PM
Fuck those things.

Agreed, one year for me.

Nice work to both of you!
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

mbw

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on January 02, 2013, 03:26:49 PM

day 2 in the can.  day 3 onward ho!

gah

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on January 03, 2013, 09:08:53 AM

Day three was tough for me. Started getting nauseated, headaches, snapping at people....keep at it, and if you need to go home early, do it. Try and sleep through it. Also, ibuprofen and soda/caffeine helped....you got this!

mbw

Quote from: goodabouthood on January 03, 2013, 09:25:41 AM

Day three was tough for me. Started getting nauseated, headaches, snapping at people....keep at it, and if you need to go home early, do it. Try and sleep through it. Also, ibuprofen and soda/caffeine helped....you got this!

well, it isn't day 3 without nicotine, so my mood hasn't been too crazy.  day 1 i slept most of it.   :-D
i ain't scared.   :samurai:

gah

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on January 03, 2013, 09:39:36 AM

well, it isn't day 3 without nicotine, so my mood hasn't been too crazy.  day 1 i slept most of it.   :-D

Oh, doing the chantix route? Well then watch out for the monster boners....you can rocket to the moon on them things.

mbw

Quote from: goodabouthood on January 03, 2013, 09:41:33 AM
Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on January 03, 2013, 09:39:36 AM

Oh, doing the chantix route? Well then watch out for the monster boners....you can rocket to the moon on them things.

nah, i got an e-cig.  monster boners have been an issue since age 6.