News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Article about Trey/BSO in the Baltimore Sun

Started by antelope19, May 18, 2009, 09:02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

I read this over the weekend in the Sun and just found it on-line.  Check it out.  There is some interesting info about Time Turns Elastic and collaborating with a symphony.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/bal-al.trey17may17,0,7078019.story
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Phunkaddict

And The Light Is Growing Brighter Now

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Igbo

Nice. The wife and I are going up for it. Really interested to see how it turns out.

I'm thinking i"ll wear my patchwork tuxedo

cleech74

"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

sunrisevt

Quote"As I was talking to Trey about doing the work here after the Nashville premiere," Blumenthal says, "he stopped me in mid-speech when I mentioned Marin. It turns out he is very close with Marin's mother."

Alsop picks up the story.

"They met in upstate New York, where my parents have a home," the conductor says. "My mother is always telling me about the people she meets. She's unbelievably gregarious. Six degrees of separation is five too many for her. She told me, 'I met this nice boy who plays the guitar.' I pictured a guy with a garage band somewhere."

Classic--pure Trey.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

cleech74

Quote from: sunrisevt on May 18, 2009, 11:29:25 AM
Quote"As I was talking to Trey about doing the work here after the Nashville premiere," Blumenthal says, "he stopped me in mid-speech when I mentioned Marin. It turns out he is very close with Marin's mother."

Alsop picks up the story.

"They met in upstate New York, where my parents have a home," the conductor says. "My mother is always telling me about the people she meets. She's unbelievably gregarious. Six degrees of separation is five too many for her. She told me, 'I met this nice boy who plays the guitar.' I pictured a guy with a garage band somewhere."

Classic--pure Trey.

Yeah, I've seen that movie.  It has Will Smith as Trey (who is supposed to be Sidney Poitier's son), and Donald Sutherland and Stockard Channing, play Marin Alsop's parents.  It's a great flick! :-P
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon