News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Please Review The Rules (before starting or posting to a thread)

Started by guyforget, May 31, 2009, 01:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guyforget

I'm hijacking Guyforget's original post for the sake of clarity.
Sorry, guy.

Lets try to keep this orderly, ok?

Edit to Add:

The Rules are roughly as follows:

• One thread for live setlist updates and discussion.  One for reviews and discussion based on actual listening to the show or being there in person.  Once the first few are done the format will be easy to follow. 
  • Please only create the Live Show Thread if you will be online during the show to update it with the setlist.
  • Please respect the pinions of reviewers and try to keep the discourse friendly.
  • Please keep the content reasonably appropriate to the topic at-hand.
  • Have fun.

-AD_

guyforget

Also, this board is just for post-show reviews and discussions, if that wasnt already clearly stated.  Any discussion and reviews about the show after its happened should be contained to the threads in this forum.  Hopefully this will foster more in-depth discussion as opposed to having multiple threads w/ individual experiences.   

-AD_

guyforget

Should we, or should we not, use these threads for live setlist updates? 

Im on the fence...  seems appropriate on one hand, but those threads often inspire little more than speculation and anxious chatter from those of us who just wish we were there.  From what you guys were saying in the Suggestions thread, I think maybe you want to keep these threads a little more focused?

-AD_

Hicks

I would suggest changing the child board name to 2009 Setlist Threads and Post-Show Discussions and Reviews.

This seems like the logical place for setlist and during show discussion.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

blatboom

but I do like the idea of having a thread just for reviews...

the Hampton thread is like 140 pages which makes it hard to sift through.  although maybe once the novelty of new shows wears off it won't be like that... so I don't know  :|

VA $l!m

Quote from: Hicks on May 31, 2009, 01:56:33 PM
I would suggest changing the child board name to 2009 Setlist Threads and Post-Show Discussions and Reviews.

not setlist "game" threads, right?
please no.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Hicks

Quote from: VA slim on May 31, 2009, 02:00:19 PM
Quote from: Hicks on May 31, 2009, 01:56:33 PM

not setlist "game" threads, right?
please no.

:roll:  Puhleeze, homie don't play dat.

But live setlist threads r00l.
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

guyforget

So, one thread for setlists, one thread for post-show reviews and discussions based on show experiences and actual listening?  Or one thread per show, for both live setlist updates and then post-show reviews and discussions based on actual listening?

-AD_

Hicks

Quote from: guyforget on May 31, 2009, 02:01:45 PM
So, one thread for setlists, one thread for post-show reviews and discussions based on show experiences and actual listening?  Or one thread per show, for both live setlist updates and then post-show reviews and discussions based on actual listening?

I'm gonna go with blatboom. 

Two threads per show, one for during and one for after.

VA $l!m

personally i vote for one thread period for each show, just to cut down on the clutter factor.
though if ya'll disagree, then i think th ebest solution would be a 2 thread per show format--1. setlist/ during show commentary; 2. post show discussion.

guyforget

what id like to see out of "post-show" discussion is more than the name implies - not just for discussion after the show, but for discussion and review based on actual listening. 

but we're starting to get nit-picky and that turns off the casual poster... 
-AD_

VA $l!m

Quote from: guyforget on May 31, 2009, 02:07:38 PM
what id like to see out of "post-show" discussion is more than the name implies - not just for discussion after the show, but for discussion and review based on actual listening. 

but we're starting to get nit-picky and that turns off the casual poster... 

i'm of the opinion that these two things are not mutually exclusive.
if, down the road, we decide differently then things could always be modified.

Hicks

The problem is that setlist updates generate tons of posts.

Now if people stop hanging out here during the shows then it's not an issue, but I would bet at least for this first leg that folks will keep posting quite frequently while the boys are playing.

VA $l!m

Quote from: Hicks on May 31, 2009, 02:12:36 PM
The problem is that setlist updates generate tons of posts.

Now if people stop hanging out here during the shows then it's not an issue, but I would bet at least for this first leg that folks will keep posting quite frequently while the boys are playing.

i agree.
i'm down with the two pronged show thread action. one PRE/During, one POST--both discussion AND review.

guyforget

so do i need to edit to "two threads per show, please?"
-AD_