News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/10 - Thompson-Boling Arena - Knoxville, TN - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Rift, June 10, 2009, 11:53:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rift

Phish
06-10-2009
Thompson-Boling Arena, Knoxville, TN

Set I:
Runaway Jim, Punch You In The Eye, Ocelot, Foam, Train Song, Undermind, Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove, The Squirming Coil, Character Zero

Set II:
Back on the Train, Waves > A Song I Heard the Ocean Sing > David Bowie, Army Of One, Reba, Hello My Baby, Julius > Cavern > Harry Hood

Encore:
Frankenstein

Couldn't really get a good feed from the live stream... ugh.

Yet another show I'll have to listen to before making a call. Let's hope this Mike's Groove gets back to the groove we all love. Nice to see ASIHTOS make an appearance. Hopefully it makes a good sandwich in the middle of Waves and Bowie. They can keep Army Of One for all I care. Never been a song I liked.

SBDs should be up soon.
Quote from: flow00Let's enjoy the tunes. The boys are back and that's what matters. 8)

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Rift

Quote from: Hicks on June 10, 2009, 11:54:26 PM
Quote from: VA slim on June 10, 2009, 11:53:30 PM
geez how many Zeros is that for the tour? 3 or 4?

same as it ever was

Yep. Zero should go into semi retirement. As in semi played once every tour.
Quote from: flow00Let's enjoy the tunes. The boys are back and that's what matters. 8)

Rift

whatapiper

Quote from: Rift on June 10, 2009, 11:58:34 PM

same as it ever was

i can't keep up with these shows!  i still have not listened to asheville and set I of Great Woods...
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

Caravan2001

Quote from: whatapiper on June 11, 2009, 12:47:28 AM
Quote from: Rift on June 10, 2009, 11:58:34 PM

same as it ever was

i can't keep up with these shows!  i still have not listened to asheville and set I of Great Woods...

I still need to hear set one of Camden and all of GW....and I have been playing the PH non-stop....hard to keep it all straight!  I'll have some stuff saved up for my flight to the Fox I guess....

Rift

JPhishman

Quote from: caravan2001 on June 11, 2009, 12:55:23 AM

I still need to hear set one of Camden and all of GW....and I have been playing the PH non-stop....hard to keep it all straight!  I'll have some stuff saved up for my flight to the Fox I guess....

and a glorious flight it shall be!  :beers:
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

Gol D. Roger

Yeah Baby, Yeah: Waves > ASIHTOS > Bowie
Hope this sounds as good as it looks!
,,Teenage Dreams, So Hard To Beat"

Undermind

I only have a 20 minute ride into work so I only listended to the no spoilers Undermind and the beginning of Mike's.  Wow the Undermind is sweet!  It's more extended than the Hampton version with Mike dropping bombs!
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

Mr Minor

I was curious when they were going to bust out some tunes from Round Room and Undermind.

Each show seems to be getting better every night.  I like where this is all headed!!

PIE-GUY

Report from the font lines - no major bust-outs, but everything was extremely tight last night. Agree with me or not - Trey's "whale call" is getting better... one thing is for sure, it's not going away. That is his new "style" and will be for a while. Listen to the Hood, esp the peak of the hood right before and even during "you can feel good." If he feels it's appropriate for that moment in that song, it's just his new style. Get used to it. I am.

Last night was exactly the type of show I love. Late 2nd set Reba, you know it had to be good, and this one was amazing. Honestly one of the best Rebas I have ever seen, and I was at Clifford Ball and MSG 95. It was right there with those two, in my book.

Julius was rockin'!

The only major flubs of the night were actually Page during Frankenstein. Trey was on fire.

H2 was flawless! Foam was Flawless. Reba was flawless. Coil was flawless. It's been greater than 10 years since I saw show like that.

Off to 'roo today!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

sophist

Last night was pretty hot.  I loved that Reba, especially how they literally use the full possible range of dynamics.  The mike's song was also a smoker, a nice little jam in it.  The Hood was amazing as well.  I really thought the waves jam was going to -> 2001, and I was getting really pumped.  ASIHTOS was solid, but I thought a 2001 would of made the roof explode at that moment.  
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

rowjimmy

Listening now.
I had to play "I Am Hydrogen" twice before I could come here and say this:

"Trey did not fuck up Hydrogen!"

Ocelot is awesome, btw.

antelope19

I'm gonna seek this one out and give it a spin today at work.  Thanks for the reviews from the front lines! 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment