News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

AKRON/FAMILY

Started by Gumbo72203, June 16, 2009, 03:04:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopper_smurf

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Hicks

That is one hectic tour schedule right there.

I'll be at the Wonder.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

iamhydroJen

I'm really bummed I can't go to the MPLS show... the Cedar is one of my favorite little venues.  But I'll be at the Marquis!  These guys rule
"Years later, I found out they'd signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.  The head of Decca, Dick Rowe, made a canny prediction: 'Guitar groups are on the way out, Mr. Epstein.'" - George Harrison

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mattstick on December 07, 2010, 08:38:49 AM

The Horseshoe is tiny.  Would my girlfriend like this show?
If I'm not overseas in Feb, I'll probably try to hit this show.  Love these guys.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: iamhydroJen on December 07, 2010, 03:13:51 PM
I'm really bummed I can't go to the MPLS show... the Cedar is one of my favorite little venues.  But I'll be at the Marquis!  These guys rule

Same here.  The Cedar is such an intimate place to see shows, i really dig it there.

I'll be hitting the Boston show though @ the brand new "Brighton Music Hall" :roll: (formerly Harper's Ferry)

Have you seen these guys before Jenny?
Bring in the dude!

WillBreathes

I'll be at the Cleveland show, cool little venue too!
tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither

iamhydroJen

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on December 07, 2010, 04:57:26 PM

Same here.  The Cedar is such an intimate place to see shows, i really dig it there.

I'll be hitting the Boston show though @ the brand new "Brighton Music Hall" :roll: (formerly Harper's Ferry)

I have not!  I was supposed to see them last year in Denver (Quixotes), but had to go back to MN that weekend for my brother's engagement party.  My roommate last year is really into them, so she passed some of their music onto me.  Really excited for it!
"Years later, I found out they'd signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.  The head of Decca, Dick Rowe, made a canny prediction: 'Guitar groups are on the way out, Mr. Epstein.'" - George Harrison

natronzero

So I mentioned in the Right Now I'm Listening To thread yesterday, the new album "leaked", and on listening to it I was pretty convinced it was a prank or a decoy or something.

So then here's this:
http://solidlittlerockjams.blogspot.com/2010/12/live-blogging-new-akronfamily-thing.html

Best fucking band evar...
:crazy:
I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

rowjimmy

interesting...

Buffalo Budd

I, for one, am pumped.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

natronzero

Email announcement this morning

QuoteMAY 2010
  <<<<<<<<   $$$$$$$$$$$                  HAPPY HOLIDAYS            $$$$$$$$$$  >>>>>>>>>

Good cheer to all and best wishes for these happy holidays. Wishing everyone a creative and prosperous new year!

Can't wait to see all you good looking, happy, and healthy people out there on the road this year.We are so excited about our new record, our upcoming tours, and our first ever trip to the moon!

See more below:
Friends, family, and loved ones are going to be hosting listening parties for Shinju TNT all around the US the weekend of Jan 8th. Please come out and join/hang/listen.

If one is in your town, please help spread the word on facebook or twitter, and if there is not one in your town, don't get bummed, get proactive in this new year---->set one up. We still need places in Florida and Maine, and Missoula and Tahoe!

All you need is a stereo, a public place where people can join you, and a copy of the record that we will send you. Even a boombox in a parking deck is cool with us. But everyone has to burn the cd at the end and take a picture of it on fire so there are no leaks. We'll host all the photos : )

If you want to set one up, email us here: shinjutnt@gmail.com

Below are details so far.....we will send out final details next week!

SATURDAY, JANUARY 8TH

Brooklyn, NY
Zebulon
Saturday, January 8th.
From 7p - 8p
258 Wythe Avenue
(718) 218-6934

Porland, OR
Tiga
Saturday January 8th
Album at 10pm
1465 NE Prescott

DJ Survival Sklz
9pm-1am

Asheville, NC
LISTENING PARTY at HARVEST
Saturday, January 8th, 6pm
Harvest Records
415 Haywood Rd
Asheville, NC 28806

SUNDAY, JANUARY 9TH

Williamsport, PA
Uptown Music Collective,
Sunday, Jan 9th
6 PM
848 W. 4th Street
(no alcohol please)

Burlington, VT
Parima Thai Restaurant - Acoustic Lounge
Sunday, January 9
Free -- 8pm
Hosted by State of Mind Magazine
http://www.parimathai.com/

Durham, NC
Sunday, January 9t
8 pm
Pinhook
117 West Main St. 

TBC/Details Coming Soon

SF/Oakland
LA
NOLA
Chicago
Minneapolis
Detroit
Baltimore
Melbourne Australia

FRIEND JAMs

A year or so ago now Seth helped Fletcher Kaufman, his old art teacher's (Mr. Kaufman) son, produce a record while in Williamsport, PA.

Fletcher has finished the record and it sounds great. He is giving it away for free here: fletcherkaufman.com

And we highly recommend you check it out.  Seth and Miles play a little on it and mostly Fletcher is just a gifter outsider music maker.
SHINJU VISIONs
If you didn't see our S/T II vision video last time around, click on the green below:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
NEW WEBSITE SOON
A new website is coming soon!

But until then, you can find digital versions of old tour releases, digi jams and our entire Young God Records catalog right here.
Tees and other "real" goods here.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++the MOON++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

www.akronfamily.com
I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

cactusfan

curiouser and curiouser...

Bobafett

[countdown][/countdown]I am liking this band more and more.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

DoW

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on December 07, 2010, 04:57:26 PM

it will ALWAYS be harpers.
starting planning out january/february today and have this on the radar.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

natronzero