News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

AKRON/FAMILY

Started by Gumbo72203, June 16, 2009, 03:04:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superfreakie

Quote from: blatboom on February 24, 2011, 09:31:34 PM
Quote from: Superfreakie on February 24, 2011, 09:28:07 PM
Quote from: blatboom on February 24, 2011, 09:26:06 PM
were you there SF?  I listened to some that show today and I'm loving what they're doing right now.  it's organized chaos

yeah, I was there. It was awesome. Super small venue. How do you have the show? Where can I find it?

natronzero posted the links in this thread lol

Quote from: natronzero on February 21, 2011, 11:36:24 AM
here http://www.archive.org/details/akronfamily2011-02-19
and here http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=542619

I even know Brad who taped it  :frustrated: :frustrated:
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

blatboom

:-D

I'd love to catch a Blessing Force.  also loved the six minute intro to an unfinished Everyone Is Guilty

Superfreakie

Quote from: blatboom on February 24, 2011, 09:39:23 PM

I'd love to catch a Blessing Force.  also loved the six minute intro to an unfinished Everyone Is Guilty

I went not knowing a single one of their songs. I purposely did not listen to them prior to the show.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

blatboom

Quote from: Superfreakie on February 24, 2011, 09:42:22 PM

I went not knowing a single one of their songs. I purposely did not listen to them prior to the show.

nice. that's a good way to roll sometimes.  the Montreal show and the NY show I listened to leaned pretty heavily on the new album.  you should definitely dig into their back catalog now, starting with Love Is Simple.

Superfreakie

Quote from: blatboom on February 24, 2011, 09:50:11 PM
Quote from: Superfreakie on February 24, 2011, 09:42:22 PM

nice. that's a good way to roll sometimes.  the Montreal show and the NY show I listened to leaned pretty heavily on the new album.  you should definitely dig into their back catalog now, starting with Love Is Simple.

I took a bunch of acid too  :police:

blatboom

Superfreakie

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

natronzero

I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

mbw

mbw

so, that was pretty amazing.  i'm not that versed in all their music, but i managed to jot some of the songs.
when they weren't playing 'songs,' they were making shit tons of noise.  screaming, rolling around stage, picking each other up, etc...in general just a freak out   :crazy:

unfortunately, i did not see any tapers.  sucks too because lincoln hall has great sound.  hopefully i just missed em.
here's what i 'knew' in order for the most part with some holes however probably:

2/24/2011 Lincoln Hall - Chicago, IL

River
Island
A AAA O A Way
So it Goes
Say What You Want To
Silly Bears
We All Will
Another Light

oh, and a crappy picture taboot once i moved upstairs...

blatboom

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on February 25, 2011, 02:07:38 AM
when they weren't playing 'songs,' they were making shit tons of noise.  screaming, rolling around stage, picking each other up, etc...in general just a freak out

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

that pretty much sums it up.  glad you enjoyed it!

rowjimmy

Awesome. I love crappy pictures (I aim to take lots of my own next week!)

I'm glad you went, mbw.

Also, SF, nice work yourself, dude.

sophist

The past two times I have tripped in my apartment I put on their last album while I was peaking.  Shit is perfect for psychedelic excursions. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Superfreakie

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 25, 2011, 08:14:49 AM
Also, SF, nice work yourself, dude.

thanks for bringin' em to my attention. I will now have to sit back and listen to their albums then revisit the show so I understand what exactly went down. It was nuts, but I decided not to write a review cause I knew even less than MBW. It would of gone something like "there were dudes on the stage.....then the insanity broke lose."  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard