News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

AKRON/FAMILY

Started by Gumbo72203, June 16, 2009, 03:04:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superfreakie

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on February 28, 2013, 09:44:13 PM
Quote from: Superfreakie on February 28, 2013, 09:35:03 PM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on February 28, 2013, 12:54:13 PM
Quote from: Superfreakie on February 28, 2013, 12:40:35 PM
Can't wait till April.  :music:

Same, you should make it to TO with me as well.  Good prelude to your show.  :rawk:

I'm not a fan of catching shows in the T-dot. I find the difference between the two cities' audiences night and day.

That's pretty obvious from this review of the last time I saw them in the city...

http://beatscene.ca/2011/02/28/akronfamily-live-at-torontos-horseshoe-tavern/

If the Mtl show didn't land on my daughter's birthday, I would probably be there.

I find Torontonians want to be entertained as if they were at home in their living room watching a TV. Montrealers want a unique experience and will help the artist create it. I've lived in both cities and have seen hundreds of shows in each, often catching an artist doing a show in one of the cities and then hitting the next night in the other, and Montreal nearly always seems to host the better show/performance/audience.

::better watch what I say before Matt comes in a smacks me::
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

barnesy305

Quote from: Superfreakie on February 28, 2013, 09:51:14 PM

Same, you should make it to TO with me as well.  Good prelude to your show.  :rawk:

I'm not a fan of catching shows in the T-dot. I find the difference between the two cities' audiences night and day.

That's pretty obvious from this review of the last time I saw them in the city...

If the Mtl show didn't land on my daughter's birthday, I would probably be there.

I find Torontonians want to be entertained as if they were at home in their living room watching a TV. Montrealers want a unique experience and will help the artist create it. I've lived in both cities and have seen hundreds of shows in each, often catching an artist doing a show in one of the cities and then hitting the next night in the other, and Montreal nearly always seems to host the better show/performance/audience.

A bit off topic but have you seen the Besnard Lakes, SF? I was thinking about possibly going to Montreal around my birthday to see them.

rowjimmy

I cannot wait to see these guys again.

Love the new song.

Superfreakie

Quote from: barnesy305 on February 28, 2013, 10:01:28 PM

A bit off topic but have you seen the Besnard Lakes, SF? I was thinking about possibly going to Montreal around my birthday to see them.

Yeah, I have. Was really drunk though. I think they were co-billed with a band called Plants and Animals. I actually had a hotel room just down the hall from them. They didn't want to party with us. Thought we were too crazy (or dangerous) I think. 
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

barnesy305

Quote from: Superfreakie on March 01, 2013, 12:59:25 PM
Quote from: barnesy305 on February 28, 2013, 10:01:28 PM

Yeah, I have. Was really drunk though. I think they were co-billed with a band called Plants and Animals. I actually had a hotel room just down the hall from them. They didn't want to party with us. Thought we were too crazy (or dangerous) I think.

Ha! Yeah, I don't see them going hard.

mbw

Cy Dune No Recognize EP streaming here:
http://noisey.vice.com/blog/premiere-cy-dune-no-recognize-ep

cant wait to get that shit on WAX.

rowjimmy

Quote from: mbw on March 01, 2013, 01:47:48 PM

Pretty sure I pre-ordered that...

mbw

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 01, 2013, 01:49:00 PM
Quote from: mbw on March 01, 2013, 01:47:48 PM

Pretty sure I pre-ordered that...

yep, you did!

3 of the 6 songs have already been posted.  and one is just a quick percussion track. 
i like it a bunch.  the title track is really great.

emay

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 08, 2013, 11:45:40 AM
Got tickets for DC & Durham.
Waiting to see if my bro in Asheville can hook it up or at least save me the online svc fee for that show.

Either way...

4/26-28 is a lock.

eta: yeah, dude's got me setup.  Can't wait.

Might be hitting up that DC show. U street is an amazing venue.

mbw

damn, for the first time in my life i had the thought, "I really want to go to Texas!"

3/9 - 35 Denton @ Dans Silverleaf - Denton, TX
3/10 - The Big Spill @ The Korova - San Antonio, TX -SXSW 2013
3/12 - Pandora Den @ Antones - 3pm
3/13 - Filter party @ Clive Bar - 5pm
3/14 - Austin Psych Fest @ Hotel Vegas - 4.30pm
3/14 - Dead Oceans showcase @ Red 7 - 12.35am
3/15 - Brooklyn Vegan party @ The old Emos - 3pm
3/16 - Hometapes Friend Island @ Museum of Human Achievement - 2pm

PIE-GUY

Quote from: mbw on March 06, 2013, 12:20:42 PM
damn, for the first time in my life i had the thought, "I really want to go to Texas!"

3/9 - 35 Denton @ Dans Silverleaf - Denton, TX
3/10 - The Big Spill @ The Korova - San Antonio, TX -SXSW 2013
3/12 - Pandora Den @ Antones - 3pm
3/13 - Filter party @ Clive Bar - 5pm
3/14 - Austin Psych Fest @ Hotel Vegas - 4.30pm
3/14 - Dead Oceans showcase @ Red 7 - 12.35am
3/15 - Brooklyn Vegan party @ The old Emos - 3pm
3/16 - Hometapes Friend Island @ Museum of Human Achievement - 2pm

It's funny - I don't even bother trying to see bands during SXSW for the most part. It sucks that bad downtown during SXSW week. What looks like 6 "shows" by AK/FAM is really six 40 minute sets you may or may not be able to get inside to see.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

justjezmund

ugh is it April 30th yet?
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

rowjimmy

Augustus