News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

AKRON/FAMILY

Started by Gumbo72203, June 16, 2009, 03:04:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TNT

Quote from: mbw on June 24, 2014, 10:16:54 PM
Got the Lightning Records quarterly zine plus 4 tapes in the mail today.  New Cy Dune plus some other stuff I'm psyched to check out.
All the tapes come with download codes, so I got that going for me, but i'm planing on building a new vintage set up, so a new tape deck is in the works.
My 20 year old Sony deck is a pos.

Did you get the download code for the Wooden Wand release?  I wonder why no tape for that one?  I've gotta say, I loved all five of the first five LIGHTNING releases.  I hope they are all gonna be this good!
So Long, and Thanks for All the Phish

mbw

Quote from: TNT on August 22, 2014, 08:01:16 PM
Hey guys!  I have searched around online for some kind of Akron/Family group or forum & just recently found this here thread.  I poured over it & knew I'd found some fellow AK freaks.  I have signed up just now so I can be connected with you guys.  I have been collecting AKFAM music for the last few years and have stuff I'd like to share & of course I'm always looking for more.

I also make AK stickers that I would also like to share with my fellow freaks, so let me know if you're into that sort of thing.

Peace,
Michael

Quote from: TNT on August 22, 2014, 08:08:10 PM
Got the Lightning Records quarterly zine plus 4 tapes in the mail today.  New Cy Dune plus some other stuff I'm psyched to check out.
All the tapes come with download codes, so I got that going for me, but i'm planing on building a new vintage set up, so a new tape deck is in the works.

Did you get the download code for the Wooden Wand release?  I wonder why no tape for that one?  I've gotta say, I loved all five of the first five LIGHTNING releases.  I hope they are all gonna be this good!

hey dude.  i believe we have spoke via email, and you sent me some stickers. you make the 'akron/family loves you' ones, right?  i just convinced the wife to let me put that on the car. i have taped the last two chicago shows.  my name is terry if you remember. 

i did not get the wooden wands dl code.

kinda bummed and feeling guilty for not going to see dana recently.

anyway, a bunch of us here are big time fans.  we should all compare notes on what is in our collection.

TNT

Quote from: mbw on August 22, 2014, 08:17:12 PM
Quote from: TNT on August 22, 2014, 08:01:16 PM
Hey guys!  I have searched around online for some kind of Akron/Family group or forum & just recently found this here thread.  I poured over it & knew I'd found some fellow AK freaks.  I have signed up just now so I can be connected with you guys.  I have been collecting AKFAM music for the last few years and have stuff I'd like to share & of course I'm always looking for more.

I also make AK stickers that I would also like to share with my fellow freaks, so let me know if you're into that sort of thing.

Peace,
Michael

Quote from: TNT on August 22, 2014, 08:08:10 PM

hey dude.  i believe we have spoke via email, and you sent me some stickers. you make the 'akron/family loves you' ones, right?  i just convinced the wife to let me put that on the car. i have taped the last two chicago shows.  my name is terry if you remember. 

i did not get the wooden wands dl code.

kinda bummed and feeling guilty for not going to see dana recently.

anyway, a bunch of us here are big time fans.  we should all compare notes on what is in our collection.

Hey Terry! Yep, that's me! You got a dropbox? Need to get you that Wooden Wand.

Yeah I missed Dana this time around too.  Atlanta was the closest show & that was just too far for me this time.

Totally stoked to be connected.  Love to meet up at an AK show one day! 

mbw

very cool, good to have you here.  we don't trade official releases here, but i just noticed it is up on bandcamp, so I can definitely throw $7 bucks at it, in fact I will do that now.  http://lightningrecords.bandcamp.com/

eta:

i gave you a shout out earlier in this thread:

Quote from: mbw on April 25, 2013, 09:12:03 PM
random guy on the internet sent me some stickers as a thanks for recording the show.  cool!
now i just need a car.

rowjimmy

I remember being envious of said stickers.

Welcome to the paug, man. mbw tells it true, we do not permit trading of commercially released material here but the offer is kind.

I recently acquired a show that doesn't circulate... I was asked to sit on it though.  :-(
Waiting on the statute of limitations to expire before I spread it around.

Bobafett

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 24, 2014, 10:34:16 AM
I remember being envious of said stickers.

Welcome to the paug, man. mbw tells it true, we do not permit trading of commercially released material here but the offer is kind.

I recently acquired a show that doesn't circulate... I was asked to sit on it though.  :-(
Waiting on the statute of limitations to expire before I spread it around.

Yeah man, welcome. 

And terry,  I am super jellus of those tapes...you know I won't buy a car without a tape deck!
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

rowjimmy

Ask and ye shall receive: I got them to add akak to relisten.net (which is basically a front-end for Archive streaming).
http://relisten.net/akron-family

TNT

Hey guys! 

Firstly:
@mbw, @Bobafett, @rowjimmy, thanks for the warm welcome!

Secondly:
I totally get not trading official releases, and I respect that.  I do everything I can to support AKAK and side projects & family related bands....   I always buy something at the merch table when I go to a show (sometimes its even something I already have!)

Anyway, I made an assumption that Terry's LIGHTNING package was shorted, because I got the Kickstarter subscription with the virtual version & the Wooden Wand was included in my package.  So Terry, if I am wrong about that & you do have the money to spring for the WW album, I highly recommend it.... but before buying you might want to check what your deal was to be sure you weren't inadvertently shorted.

Thirdly:
STICKERS!  Who wants 'em?  Get in touch & lemme know what you need!

Finally:
@rowjimmy - I also have an amazing AK soundboard from a couple of years ago that I was told not to trade/share (the show features some very special guests)  I've been wondering how long I would need to wait before it was safe to release it into the wild without getting my source in trouble! I wonder if it's the same show?

So glad I found y'all! 

Seriously, hit me up for some stickers, it makes me very happy to share these!!

Much love,
Michael

rowjimmy

I'm betting it's the same show...
It needs some minor re-tracking but then I'm sure it'll find its way into the world.

Buffalo Budd

Welcome TNT and thanks for the share RJ.
I'm always down for AK stuff if you want to kick down some stickers.
Definitely one of my favourite bands touring.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

TNT

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on August 26, 2014, 01:47:08 PM

As for Akron stickers, you can see what I've got in the picture that mbw posted. 

Send me a private message, get some stickers!

TNT

I sent out a set of AKAK stickers to you today!  Lady at the PO said you oughta see 'em in a week or so.  Lemme know when you get 'em!

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: TNT on August 29, 2014, 11:18:16 AM

I sent out a set of AKAK stickers to you today!  Lady at the PO said you oughta see 'em in a week or so.  Lemme know when you get 'em!

Thanks a bunch dude, +K.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: TNT on August 29, 2014, 11:18:16 AM

Got these today, thanks so much. 
I appreciate the new music tips as well, I'll make sure I check those out soon.

TNT

Quote from: mbw on April 25, 2013, 09:12:03 PM
random guy on the internet sent me some stickers

I am the random guy on the internet who sends out AKRON/FAMILY stickers!

PM/email me if you want some.

The only requirement is that you love you some AKAK, otherwise no strings attached. And for the time being, the postage is on me, so AK NOW!

Peace,
TNT