News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

New Album to be called 'Joy'

Started by phatyphil, June 24, 2009, 05:11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phatyphil

Wow, am I the first one to come across this news? 

Posted on Rolling Stone's website here: http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/06/24/phish-capture-famous-live-vibe-on-new-summer-album-joy/

Discuss amongst yourselves...

redrum

Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

justjezmund

awesome joy is better then TTE anyway.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

flow00

It took 278 takes to get TTE right.  :lol: Maybe that explains the three or four this tour.

Hicks

Quote from: flow00 on June 24, 2009, 05:23:07 PM
It took 278 takes to get TTE right.  :lol: Maybe that explains the three or four this tour.

Except that the live versions are better than the studio version that was released on itunes.  At least IMO.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

phatyphil

Quote from: Hicks on June 24, 2009, 05:35:05 PM

Except that the live versions are better than the studio version that was released on itunes.  At least IMO.

I definitely agree with that.  I actually enjoyed TTE at Alpine Valley 100%.  As mentioned in other threads set 1 closer is good placement for that tune.

flow00

Quote from: phatyphil on June 24, 2009, 05:40:07 PM

I definitely agree with that.  I actually enjoyed TTE at Alpine Valley 100%.  As mentioned in other threads set 1 closer is good placement for that tune.

It's a good reason to grab a beer before the set ends.  :-P

messengerbird

I am really looking forward to hearing this album. There should be lot of good material in it. The songs I have heard so far I love. Plus it will give me something to listen to on our trip out west.  :-)

Thanks for the link.
Central part of town, I'm going down

Quote from: Phishy69 on January 05, 2010, 11:12:04 PM
A match made in Gamehenge  :-D

flow00

The lyrics to Joy, if anyone is interested. I stole them from another forum:

Joy is over there in her incredible clothes, she has silver silk shimmering down to her toes
I was doing the best that I can I suppose, but that little girl dancer eventually grows
well she grows..

You can't imagine all the times that i tried to uncover the source of the tears that you cried
So lets throw it away and go for a ride, you'd say ok but you'd keep it inside
well i tried.....i tried, i tried...i tried

we want you to be happy, don't live inside the gloom
we want you to be happy, come step outside your room
we want you to be happy, cause this is your song too

I never thought i could have it so good, you were the song that my soul understood
Time is a river that flows through the woods, it led us to places we both understood
would be gone, before too long
would be gone, before too long

When we were young we thought life was a game, but that somebody leaves you and you're never the same
All of the places and the people belonged, to the puzzle but one of the pieces is gone
and it's you, it's you.....it's you, the joy is you

we want you to be happy, don't live inside the gloom
we want you to be happy, come step outside your room
we want you to be happy, cause this is your song too

In time we'll weather this storm, inside together you'll see the change
When the sun, shines....through

We want you to be happy....

justjezmund

Quote from: flow00 on June 24, 2009, 05:43:47 PM

:lol: true true
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

Hicks

Quote from: Jezmund420 on June 24, 2009, 05:50:04 PM
Quote from: flow00 on June 24, 2009, 05:43:47 PM

:lol: true true

Indeed, and you can't really argue with TTE to close out the first set instead of yet another Zer0 or some other standard issue closer like Cavern or Caspian.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Phreezer

i really like joy but i really couldn't get into TTE at alpine
:phish: :syf: :phish: :syf: :phish:

HammondOrganism

The more i hear TTE the more I like it. Plus at the show I told a friend of mine that TTE was a great first set closer. The only thing about it is that if it is in the second set, it takes up 15 minutes of possible jam time. It has great changes.

I love that the album is titled Joy. Joy and Let me Lie are my 2 favorite songs out of the new ones, and i am not one of those farmhouse..velvet sea noobs. I just wish that there were a couple of tunes that had more jam potential. I guess KDF kinda does in a chalkdust kinda way, but im not even that big a fan of CDT....they rarely jam CDT, i hope the start jamming KDF.
Mike rating the Fishman Tune
On a scale from 3 to 4......i give it a 4

rowjimmy

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.