News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

RIP Michael Jackson?

Started by flow00, June 25, 2009, 05:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: antelope19 on June 26, 2009, 03:58:09 PM
Quote from: ytowndan on June 26, 2009, 03:51:03 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on June 26, 2009, 03:47:52 PM
Quote from: slslbs on June 26, 2009, 03:46:53 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on June 26, 2009, 03:45:15 PM
Quote from: ytowndan on June 26, 2009, 03:43:37 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on June 26, 2009, 03:40:07 PM
Bad was a pretty decent record, too. Although it was no Off The Wall.

Haven't listened to either of those two yet (since this happened, I mean).  Think I might bust them out tonight.

I only have the 12" of Bad but it's pretty sweet. the Extended mix is like 8min.

never liked anything he did once he went solo. Jackson 5 stuff was fun to listen to, though

Much love for the Jackson 5 material... countless terrific tunes.

Now I'm kind of tempted to crank some Jackson 5 stuff tonight.  Decisions, decisions. 

Dude, it's FRIDAY!!!!  Crank them ALL!!!!  :-)

^^ that's the right idea!!!!!!   love me some jackson 5, i might have to take over the jukebox a little at work tonight... but i have a feeling people will be doing that for me
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

flow00

Marmar

Farrah Fawcett was the star that every young boy lusted after and Michael Jackson was the star that lusted after every young boy. ZING
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

ytowndan

Quote from: antelope19 on June 26, 2009, 03:58:09 PM
Quote from: ytowndan on June 26, 2009, 03:51:03 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on June 26, 2009, 03:47:52 PM
Quote from: slslbs on June 26, 2009, 03:46:53 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on June 26, 2009, 03:45:15 PM
Quote from: ytowndan on June 26, 2009, 03:43:37 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on June 26, 2009, 03:40:07 PM
Bad was a pretty decent record, too. Although it was no Off The Wall.

Haven't listened to either of those two yet (since this happened, I mean).  Think I might bust them out tonight.

I only have the 12" of Bad but it's pretty sweet. the Extended mix is like 8min.

never liked anything he did once he went solo. Jackson 5 stuff was fun to listen to, though

Much love for the Jackson 5 material... countless terrific tunes.

Now I'm kind of tempted to crank some Jackson 5 stuff tonight.  Decisions, decisions.  

Dude, it's FRIDAY!!!!  Crank them ALL!!!!  :-)

Touché, salesman.    :wtu:
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

flow00

Hicks

Quote from: Marmar on June 26, 2009, 04:12:00 PM
Farrah Fawcett was the star that every young boy lusted after and Michael Jackson was the star that lusted after every young boy. ZING

Classy contribution right there.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

susep

:-o

the king of pop is dead.  I'm listening to my fav. MJ track Billy Jean as I type this.  Most of everything has been summarized from one spectrum to the other, hence why I love the 'paug, good work fellas. :beers:

On the serious MJ tip, when I was 10, 11, 12 MJ was the shit.  Pepsi commercials, even if you saw him on tv for 5 sec. it was electrifying(this was during Thriller and subsequent J5 reunion).  My younger sister had 5 or 6 MJ posters, when his appearance was that of a young afro-american instead of the strange plastic southern- californian mutant he became.(now listening to The Way You Make Me Feel)
The ABC Jackson 5 movie was very insightful and very tragic.  MJ was so fucking huge all over the globe.  I'm sure nearly every women in Japan lost their shit when they heard.  

bottom line, MJ was a very reflection of US culture, innovative musician and artist but one who had a lot of snakes in his grass.(now listening to Remember The Time - cool vid)  He will go down as a musical hero and genius but remembered for his personal tragedies as well.  Either way his music will live on and I'll be listening.

edit - Eddie V's solo in Beat It is fucking sweet.

sls.stormyrider

changing subject, slightly, I was reminded that today is also the 30th anniversary of the passing of Lowell George. If you want to hear a mixture of dirt, grit funk, and whatever else you want to call it, check this out

http://www.archive.org/details/lf1974-09-19.shnf
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

metalzone58

everywhere i went today that had any music on was playing MJ

sophist

Quote from: Hicks on June 26, 2009, 04:40:55 PM

:roll:
If this was some conservative ass hat you'd be doing the same thing.  It's a joke, lighten up dude. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Hicks

Quote from: Sophist on June 26, 2009, 06:24:04 PM

If this was some conservative ass hat you'd be doing the same thing.  It's a joke, lighten up dude. 

a. It's not funny or even particularly clever.

b. Show me where I've made jokes about a recently deceased "ass hat". 
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

sophist

Quote from: Hicks on June 26, 2009, 06:26:05 PM

I'd bet good money the day Reagen died, you were smiling.  I'm not saying it is a good joke either, just the fact that it was a joke. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Hicks

Quote from: Sophist on June 26, 2009, 06:27:58 PM

I'd bet good money the day Reagen died, you were smiling.  I'm not saying it is a good joke either, just the fact that it was a joke. 

I sure as fuck didn't post a lame ass joke in an RIP thread you can bank on that. 

Also I knew it was a joke, don't insult my intelligence.

sophist

Quote from: Hicks on June 26, 2009, 06:30:30 PM

I sure as fuck didn't post a lame ass joke in an RIP thread you can bank on that. 

I'm not insulting your intelligence, I'm only saying, you and a few other have this untouchable vibe right now that's silly.  Not everyone is going to regard Jackson like you do, and so you shouldn't apply this standard of respect that you seem to think every person should hold. 

metalzone58

Quote from: Hicks on June 26, 2009, 06:30:30 PM

If this was some conservative ass hat you'd be doing the same thing.  It's a joke, lighten up dude.  

I'd bet good money the day Reagen died, you were smiling.  I'm not saying it is a good joke either, just the fact that it was a joke.  

lets all calm down here