News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Festival 8- It's Official!

Started by Caravan2001, July 24, 2009, 12:48:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

natronzero

From the FAQ:
QuoteWill my cell phone work out there?
It's a crapshoot. Signal strength may vary depending on your provider's coverage and the whim of Craig, our telecom systems engineer, who can be a total dick.

Can I blog from the concert field?
Bring a computer inside? Sure, but if something happens to your computer, that's on you, nerd. We assume no responsibility for lost or damaged Twitter machines. #phishwebsitejokes

I will not be able to get there until 3 AM on Sat. morning. Is this going to be OK?
What's so important you can't get there until 3?

It's a family issue, and I don't feel comfortable sharing it with the Internet.
Sorry, didn't mean to pry. Yes, camping gates will be attended 24 hours a day throughout the event from Thursday - Sunday.

:lol:
I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

Caravan2001

and this:

QuoteYes, you are right. We have suffered massive p0wnage.

natronzero

I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

Hicks

Yeah they spelled pwned wrong.

Really funny FAQ, bummer about the font f ups.

I wonder if security's gonna be as tight as they are making it seem.  
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Phreezer

how big is the site, like how many people can it hold?
:phish: :syf: :phish: :syf: :phish:

twatts

So I guess that whole map thing was just a gimmick...

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

Caravan2001

Quote from: Phreezer on July 24, 2009, 01:17:55 AM
how big is the site, like how many people can it hold?
Coachella has normally hovered around 60k I believe....

Tweezy

this is me right now

no joke

:banana:
If I haven't seen it, it's new to me!

JPhishman

YES! Damn now I gotta try to organize my boys to get on the same flight as me and book it soon, not an easy task... This is why I end up touring solo. Not this time!  :banana: :beers: :phish:
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

whyweigh5.0

It's going to be tough as shit getting any of my crew here to come out to Cali with me.  They all suck something major when it comes to shows
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

WhatstheUse?

Sweet, time to book a flight! :banana:
Bring in the dude!

ytowndan

QuoteBASIC EVENT INFO

* All ages welcome. Except for the Pleistocene, for obvious reasons.

Ya don't hear enough paleogeology jokes nowadays. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

ozymandias

QuoteCan I bring in eye drops for my contact lenses? 
For your "contact lenses"? Really? That's what you're going with? Okay, but they need to be in a marked container.

rowjimmy

Best FAQ ever.
A couple of my favorite moments (that haven't been mentioned.)

QuoteWill there be payphones inside the venue? 
Sorry, no. Last time we checked, it's 2009. 

Can my friends and I bring instruments and amplifiers and jam in the campground? 
Only acoustic instruments will be allowed in camping (no instruments in the concert area). If we allowed everyone who asks to bring amplifiers, it would be a free-for-all, and not fair to fellow campers who might not want to hear your music. (Specifically you, guy who does reggae covers of Coldplay.)

Where is the closest ATM?
Each campground will have ATM(s).

Where is the farthest ATM?
Mbutu's Melon Shack in Selebi-Phikwe, Botswana.

btw, No Camelbacks (for the $1 cold filtered water thing listed below):
Bring your own container

In an effort to drastically reduce waste we are launching a filtered water program at Festival 8.

Our mission is to cut back on the amount of plastic water bottles sold at the show.
We're offering the following options:

1. Free drinking fountains - 3 locations throughout the venue, please see map

2. Bring your own container - it must be completely empty to enter the festival (from the main entrance or any camping areas). No glass, metal and no Camelbaks. You can fill up at the free drinking fountains or purchase cold filtered water for $1 per filling. 32oz maximum container allowed in. Containers must be factory sealed or completely empty

3. Purchase a $10 24oz water container and receive free cold filtered water all weekend.

There are several refill locations located inside the event area. You can purchase containers at each of these locations along and at the merchandise tent and the general store in camping. Please see the map for locations or ask a festival staff member.