News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Mac Tablet!!! ~ iPad Thread

Started by rowjimmy, July 28, 2009, 12:41:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattstick

Well my thinking is, if they wanted it to have a camera, it would have one now.

mattstick

rowjimmy

450k sold to  date (per Jobs @ the iPhone OS4 event.)

600k ebooks sold.

justjezmund

Ok posting from iPad. Not to shabby.  Maybe if I didn't spend so much on summer and golf shit I'd think about it.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

Guyute

Quote from: mattstick on April 07, 2010, 12:05:24 PM

2.0 will.   1 for the money of rebuyers and 2 because you work the kinks out first, then add power and storage and make it a multimedia device.

Shame it will never have flash though.
Good decisions come from experience;
Experience comes from bad decisions.

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.

justjezmund

Quote from: mattstick on April 07, 2010, 12:05:24 PM
would you really wanna carry that around with you to take pictures.  bulky camera imo.

mattstick

It's not a phone, so the camera would have to be on the opposite side as the iPhone/Touch thus, enabling iChat.

Leave iChat for the Mac line, iPad doesn't need a camera.

justjezmund

Quote from: mattstick on April 15, 2010, 09:11:55 AM
Leave iChat for the Mac line, iPad doesn't need a camera.
this

rowjimmy

I think that Job's focus on the portable and casual end-user market will drive the addition of a front facing camera on the future ipad.

Yeah, you've got an iMac on the family desktop but the kids are using that so, you want to kick it on the sofa with your ipad and, hey, let's skype uncle bob... video ftw.

Alumni

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 15, 2010, 11:26:55 AM
Yeah, you've got an iMac on the family desktop but the kids are using that so, you want to kick it on the sofa with your ipad and, hey, let's skype uncle bob... video ftw.

This is why it needs a camera. I'm not going to sit at a conference table and hold an iPad up to my face for a business teleconference. That's what the laptop is for. But for when your granddaughter takes her first steps and you have to share the breakthrough right away with the grandparents or distant family . . . what would be handier than flipping on an iPad?
Cause I got a degree

justjezmund

Quote from: Alumni on April 15, 2010, 04:44:19 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on April 15, 2010, 11:26:55 AM

This is why it needs a camera. I'm not going to sit at a conference table and hold an iPad up to my face for a business teleconference. That's what the laptop is for. But for when your granddaughter takes her first steps and you have to share the breakthrough right away with the grandparents or distant family . . . what would be handier than flipping on an iPad?
an iphone

Alumni

Quote from: JustJezmund on April 15, 2010, 07:02:46 PM
an iphone

If you've got one, sure.

Some folks don't have an iphone, though. Crazy, but true.  :-P
Cause I got a degree

justjezmund

Quote from: Alumni on April 15, 2010, 07:55:36 PM
Quote from: JustJezmund on April 15, 2010, 07:02:46 PM
an iphone

If you've got one, sure.

Some folks don't have an iphone, though. Crazy, but true.  :-P
sorry did mean to come off with the haterade.  i dont have an iphone either actually. (blackberry storm  :-P ) but if the ipad had a cam it would be the thing on it i would use the least.

Alumni

Quote from: JustJezmund on April 15, 2010, 08:49:38 PM
sorry did mean to come off with the haterade.  i dont have an iphone either actually. (blackberry storm  :-P ) but if the ipad had a cam it would be the thing on it i would use the least.

No worries - I'm just having fun here. No offense meant, or taken.
Cause I got a degree

tet

finally picked up the keyboard dock for this thing, and it's pretty good.  hefty for sure, but it'll really help me work with this thing a lot quicker.  i didn't realize it had extra buttons for stuff, such as unlocking the screen, a home button, brightness, iPod controls with volume, Spotlight search, and even a button to bring up the on-screen keyboard.  an expensive add-on, but one I think i'll get a lot of good use out of when traveling...
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish