News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Mac Tablet!!! ~ iPad Thread

Started by rowjimmy, July 28, 2009, 12:41:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

antelope19

5-megapixel backside illuminated sensor on the back, 5-element lens, IR filter, and ISP built into ​the A5X chip.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

rowjimmy

antelope19

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 07, 2012, 01:30:10 PM
it's the 4s camera

Yup.  Pretty sweet.  Although if I were to go get an Ipad, I don't personally see myself using the camera a ton.  That's to say that this isn't a feature that make me want to run out the door and buy one

antelope19

New stabilization software for shooting video too. 

IPAD 3: Coming to a phish show near you   :frustrated:

VDB

I figured a 1080p ATV would arrive some day. Have had mine for only a couple months. But I'll say that (720p) movies streamed from a computer still look fine, as does Netflix. When you're talking about streaming over the internet, there are also bandwidth issues to consider.
Is this still Wombat?

mattstick

Lots of new features I don't/won't use on an iPad...

antelope19

Voice dictation and 4G LTE!!!!!

Verizon, Rogers, Bell, Telus and AT&T will be the LTE partners.

antelope19

9.4mm thin, weighing 1.4lbs.

10 hours of battery life still! 9 hours on 4G!

VDB

I love reading things like this: "The new iPad is sporting 21Mbps HSPA+, but it's also rocking an LTE radio capable of pulling down 73Mbps on both Verizon and AT&T here in the US." Well, if HSPA+ actually offered anything approaching 21 Mbps in any real-world scenario, there'd be little reason for LTE, wouldn't there? Basically, the numbers are good for nothing more than breathless rattling off.

Here on my HSPA+ capable iPhone 4S, I just got 1.33 Mbps down. In testing, I've never gotten anything higher than 4.46 Mbps. Usually somewhere in the 1-3 range is more common.
Is this still Wombat?

rowjimmy

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on March 07, 2012, 02:12:25 PM
I love reading things like this: "The new iPad is sporting 21Mbps HSPA+, but it's also rocking an LTE radio capable of pulling down 73Mbps on both Verizon and AT&T here in the US." Well, if HSPA+ actually offered anything approaching 21 Mbps in any real-world scenario, there'd be little reason for LTE, wouldn't there? Basically, the numbers are good for nothing more than breathless rattling off.

Here on my HSPA+ capable iPhone 4S, I just got 1.33 Mbps down. In testing, I've never gotten anything higher than 4.46 Mbps. Usually somewhere in the 1-3 range is more common.

There are plenty of reasons for offering LTE.
The core being that HSPA and LTE are not offered by the same providers.

antelope19

ILife is on ipad now too with a "reinvented" iphoto.  Pretty cool stuff

antelope19

Price of the ipad 2 dropped $100, which is nice. 

VDB

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 07, 2012, 02:15:51 PM
Quote from: V00D00BR3W on March 07, 2012, 02:12:25 PM

There are plenty of reasons for offering LTE.
The core being that HSPA and LTE are not offered by the same providers.

Fair enough. (Although for most consumers, this is strictly a speed issue.) But it is funny seeing these theoretical download speeds being bandied about as evidence of how super sweet the technology is, when in the real world jumping to the newer technology still leaves you enjoying only a portion of the theoretical speed capability of the lesser one.
Is this still Wombat?

phil

After reading up on the new ipad, I am convinced that Apple is running the greatest racket of all time.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?