News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

08/08 - The Gorge Amphitheatre - George, WA - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by justjezmund, August 09, 2009, 02:51:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justjezmund

08/08/2009 - The Gorge, George, WA

Soundcheck: Middle Of The Road (4x), Twenty Years Later

Set 1: Mango Song, Chalk Dust Torture, Middle of the Road*, Tweezer > Driver, Twenty Years Later, Ya Mar, It's Ice, Wolfman's Brother, Character Zero, Run Like An Antelope

Set 2: Rock & Roll > Makisupa Policeman**, Alaska, The Wedge, You Enjoy Myself, Backwards Down The Number Line > Piper, Grind

E:Good Times Bad Times, Tweezer Reprise

*First Time Played - Gordon/Kottke (from "Clone")
** Mike & Trey switch instruments. Gordon guitar solo.

going to sleep talk to yourselves, looks interesting though.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

RabeldyNugs

Mango!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just hope Trey didnt fuck it up.  And It's Ice taboot!!!!!!
A Wolfmans and Tweezer in 1st set, a Makisupa.....I'm not jealous of anything at all. Can't wait for a listen and hope people had a blast out there!  Looks like a good weekend all in all.
:phish:
I'm dead sober right now, but when I try to read that Gumbo post, I swear to god it feels like I am tripping face.

http://www.phishhook.com/lists/RabeldyNugs

thechad

"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

RabeldyNugs

Quote from: thechad on August 09, 2009, 04:02:06 AM
Well, it's up on LP.com

Chad - is this your job or something? You always post when it's up on LP and that's just awesome. Thanks for sharing EVERY NIGHT with us. I do appreciate it.
:beers:

Edit: And after looking is this 23+ minute R+R the longest yet of 3.0??? I think so. And LP didnt even split it up into Gorge Jam 2 or something.

If it is the longest then it beat out the 22+ DWD at Hampton and the 22 min Sand.  Good for you boys, good for you. :clap:
:phish:
I'm dead sober right now, but when I try to read that Gumbo post, I swear to god it feels like I am tripping face.

http://www.phishhook.com/lists/RabeldyNugs

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

mistercharlie

I just woke up and was suprised by the setlist.I thought for sure that BDTNL would end set 2 when Im went to bed last night.

On a sad note, I can't get etree.org to load so I can grab an aud before I go to work. :cry:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

This show has an odd bias to Mike (soft 'G') Gordon. Wassup with that?
Not complaining but it's almost as if Trey listened to the cupcake maker message yesterday and decided to throw Mike a few bones.

Quote from: mattstick on August 08, 2009, 11:23:23 PM

I guess the Cupcake baker is getting his wish.

SER.

Bobafett

doesn't look like too crazy a setlist.  Whats the verdict here?  my d/l is taking a bit longer than i thought it would, but i like the idea of Mango opener and Tweezer>driver is a pretty nice combo on paper.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

rowjimmy

on Driver now...
So far so good. I really dug that Tweezer. Wish it was longer but it was def. quality stuff.

McGrupp

Looks like a fun show. Set I looks great - Mango opener! Set II + Encore looks totally 3.0.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

justjezmund

whats up everyone.  just popped it in almost done with mango

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 09, 2009, 10:32:37 AM
This show has an odd bias to Mike (soft 'G') Gordon. Wassup with that?
Not complaining but it's almost as if Trey listened to the cupcake maker message yesterday and decided to throw Mike a few bones.

Quote from: mattstick on August 08, 2009, 11:23:23 PM

I guess the Cupcake baker is getting his wish.

SER.

mmm cupcakes, i need some breakfast
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

this looks fun.
i fell asleep while paugin' on my phone after good times bad times came through :)

so.......

WTF is left to play in Chicago?!?!?
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

phil

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on August 09, 2009, 11:13:48 AM
this looks fun.
i fell asleep while paugin' on my phone after good times bad times came through :)

so.......

jesus just left...?

one can only hope  :-D
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: phil on August 09, 2009, 11:17:46 AM
Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on August 09, 2009, 11:13:48 AM
this looks fun.

so.......

jesus just left...?

one can only hope  :-D

:-D
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫