News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

08/16 - SPAC - Saratoga Springs, NY - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by mistercharlie, August 17, 2009, 12:01:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

08/16/09 - Saratoga Performing Arts Center, Saratoga Springs, NY

Soundcheck: Beauty of my dreams, Kids ??

Set 1: Llama, The Moma Dance, Guyute, Anything But Me, Cars Trucks Buses, Chalk Dust Torture, Golgi Apparatus, David Bowie, Cavern, Possum, Ocelot, Run Like an Antelope

Set 2: Backwards Down the Number Line > Twenty Years Later, Halley's Comet > Rock and Roll, Harpua > I Kissed A Girl* > HYHU > Harpua, You Enjoy Myself

Encore: Grind, I Been Around*, Highway To Hell

* First Time Played.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

StCarl

Quote from: McGrupp on January 25, 2011, 02:39:37 PM
your overall taste in phish shows perplexes me.

okelnard

Quote from: Hicks on August 17, 2009, 12:04:04 AM
Thank you  :phish:!

where there's a will (and there is a will), there is a way (and there is a fuckin' way)

Made me think of the movie Sexy Beast.... which works with this setlist!

This is the shit for sure... :rawk:

"What in the wide, wide world of sports is going on here?" - Taggart

"We liked number 217."  - Trey

"If you think you know what the hell is going on, you're probably full of shit."  - Robert Anton Wilson

Caravan2001

See the book....read the movie.....The Phish.....nice one, looks awesome!

whatapiper

We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

haleakalari

The bemonstering of your ganache awaits!

whatapiper

Quote from: GBL on August 17, 2009, 12:02:32 AM
yikes

why yikes? I don't know too many folks who get a harpua and complain, not as heady as 8/14 but you didn't like that one either...
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

McGrupp

looks heddy.

was gettin intermittent texts from Gumbo throughout the night - sounded like he had a blast (obviously)  :wtu:

Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Gumbo72203

oh holy mother lord sweet little baby jesus...........

you guys really have no idea what you missed.  NO idea.  Nope.  None. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Gumbo72203

okay, that 2nd set kills Hartford.  I don't give a fuck who you are. 

# Line > 20 Years Later converted my girlfriend. 

# Line usurps Hampton in my heart. 

That was so beyond perfect...   dare I say, best jam of the tour?  Dare, I.  That was glorious on so many different wonderful levels...

that was the fulfillment of all of my Phish dreams.  That right fucking there.  We were instantly zapped, first, back to Dec '99, and then lofted straight into July '00.  Unfan-freakin-tasticable.  Galaxies destroyed.  Black hole ether dripped from speakers.  Oozing liquid gnarly.  In full flowering turquoise technicolor.  Page synths. 

I...    fuck. 

"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

WhatstheUse?

Glad you had a good time, Gumbo.

I thoroughly enjoyed your texts throughout the night as well.

Fuckin' Llama opener, finally..... leave it to da Phish to wait for the tour closer to bust that and Harpua out.  :rockout:
Bring in the dude!