News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Paug Runners' World

Started by GBL, August 21, 2009, 06:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: slslbs on April 04, 2011, 01:03:54 PM
hope your not trying to keep up with the locals
You referring to Bikila Abebe?

:-D
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

justjezmund

Quote from: sunrisevt on April 03, 2011, 09:00:55 PM
!LAST MINUTE NOTICE!

--> 'Paug runners and volunteers get free water and bragging rights!

Otter Creek Mud Run

Celebrate Vermont's 5th season--mud. Run 5k on unmaintained seasonal walking trails this April.

Next Sunday, April 10th, 2011. Registration, start and finish at Middlebury Natural Foods Co-op (outside), Middlebury, VT. [PM sunrisevt  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard ]

Proceeds benefit Otter Creek Child Center.

its too bad its 6hrs away.  I would love this.  but speaking of bragging i feel like it, the other day I did my first non stop 6mi (10k) loop in just under 50min.  Im pretty impressed with myself.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

sunrisevt

Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

mattstick

BOOM!  Level Purple!  2500km on Nike+

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mattstick on April 15, 2011, 01:04:24 PM

BOOM!  Level Purple!  2500km on Nike+
Damn!  And how long did that take ya?

mattstick

I started on Nike+ sometime in late 2008 and I used it for most of the Spring that year - then while training for my first marathon I didn't use it all that much.

When they introduced the Sportsband late in '09 I started up again, and have been pretty consistant using it in 2010/2011.

Buffalo Budd

MiamiPhish

Hope our runners are still going strong despite Summer's arrival (for some of us anyway.)  I'm about to go on a 5-miler or so along the Hawthorne Trail here in Gainesville.

http://www.dep.state.fl.us/gwt/guide/regions/north/trails/gainesville_hawth.htm

iamhydroJen

I have pretty bad knees, but would like to ease back into running again.  Any suggestions for getting back into running?  I have been cycling (30 min) instead and then running for like 10-15 minutes afterwards, but don't know if that's a good routine.  My goal is to at least run one 5k with ease this summer.
"Years later, I found out they'd signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.  The head of Decca, Dick Rowe, made a canny prediction: 'Guitar groups are on the way out, Mr. Epstein.'" - George Harrison

phil

Quote from: iamhydroJen on May 02, 2011, 01:48:38 PM
I have pretty bad knees, but would like to ease back into running again.  Any suggestions for getting back into running?  I have been cycling (30 min) instead and then running for like 10-15 minutes afterwards, but don't know if that's a good routine.  My goal is to at least run one 5k with ease this summer.

Biking to warm up is a good idea, that's how I got back into it about a month and a half ago. My problem is my hip flexors, but I'm in the same boat (basically if I don't warm up on the bike and then stretch, I'm done after about one mile) and the stationary bike has been the most convenient and effective way for me to do that.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

DoW

I have a 4.2 miler and a 5 miler coming at the end of the month.
mainly because I suck, but I only do it for enjoyment as opposed to competition.

I picked up a nasty cold this weekend which means I will be off the streets for the next few days at least, if not the whole week.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

G. Augusto

Just wanna congratulate my brother (Bunkster) for finishing his first marathon yesterday.
After getting pretty damn disgusting at our gig the night before, the dude rolled up and took down the LI Marathon.
Congrats, J.

mattstick

Time?

My free race entry into the 10k this weekend fell through so I skipped the event entirely.  $75 to run a 10K is a fuckin rip off.

I'm debating switching from my ultra padded, cushioned, support Asics to the Nike Free 11s.