News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Furthur

Started by redrum, August 23, 2009, 05:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattstick

Post Drums in reverse @ Bonnaroo 03

The Dead
06/15/03 (Sun)  Bonnaroo Music Festival @ Bonnaroo - Manchester, TN
Set 1: Touch of Grey > Jam > Fire on the Mountain > Sugaree > Friend of the Devil > Alabama Getaway > Viola Lee Blues
Set 2: Box of Rain > Black Muddy River > Sugar Magnolia > Unbroken Chain > Space > Drums > Dark Star > China Doll > Dark Star > St. Stephen * > The Eleven > I Know You Rider, E: Attics of My Life

7/9/95 II:
Shakedown Street ; Samson And Delilah ; So Many Roads ; Samba In The Rain ; Corrina > Drums > Space > Unbroken Chain ; Sugar Magnolia
Black Muddy River ; Box Of Rain

I hadn't realized that until now, kinda weird, maybe not even intentional?

Bonnaroo 03 was the worst post-Grateful Dead related band I've ever heard.

Superfreakie

I never knew that. I would imagine it was on purpose. Phil used to love writing out cool set lists for P&F.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

kellerb

Quote from: Superfreakie on April 23, 2010, 08:20:33 PM
I never knew that. I would imagine it was on purpose. Phil used to love writing out cool set lists for P&F.
Both phil & his wife like writing out crazy setlists.  Maybe jill more than phil, even. 

But yeah, that '03 "other ones" -> "the dead" was pretty rough in spots.  And that's coming from a guy who likes Warren, Joan Osborne, and Jimmy Herring in those dead-related bands.

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Multibeast12

Just ordered some tickets to catch these guys on the 3rd. First time seeing a incarnation of the Dead. Hope it's good. :-)

thatfargone

For all of you that were interested in 6 sets of Dead album covers @ Mt. Aire....anyone actually listen to the shows yet?  We seem more interested in the throat cutting and other incidents.
Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

Multibeast12

Quote from: thatfargone on June 05, 2010, 08:34:10 AM
For all of you that were interested in 6 sets of Dead album covers @ Mt. Aire....anyone actually listen to the shows yet?  We seem more interested in the throat cutting and other incidents.
I listened to night two. It was really good IMO. They nailed then big time. I have to go to Long Island today so thats when i'm giving Night one a listen but from what i've heard it's really good to. It's worth getting.

Superfreakie

you don't even like the Grateful Dead  :wink:
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Superfreakie on June 05, 2010, 05:39:32 PM

Let's be fair, here.
He just doesn't like Jerry's guitar playing.

thatfargone

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 05, 2010, 09:06:41 PM
Quote from: Superfreakie on June 05, 2010, 05:39:32 PM

Let's be fair, here.
He just doesn't like Jerry's guitar playing.

Hm...close enough. :wink:

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

guyforget

im listening to the soundcheck right now

i think its sounding pretty good so far

going after red rocks night 2 tickets in the am, tried today but missed the pre-sale
-AD_

guyforget

finally listened to the whole soundcheck from the fest

2 phish teases, i think

whoever plays the keys teased fluffhead early in, think

fakejerry teased first tube in let it grow

i was in the car w/ my mother in law driving through rocky mountain national park, so i wasnt able to have it very loud and it was on the ipod so it wasnt really apropros to keep scrolling it back and listening intently to the teases, etc. 

weird stuff to hear a dead project teasing phish songs. 
-AD_

thatfargone

Quote from: guyforget on June 16, 2010, 03:24:43 AM
finally listened to the whole soundcheck from the fest

2 phish teases, i think

whoever plays the keys teased fluffhead early in, think

fakejerry teased first tube in let it grow

i was in the car w/ my mother in law driving through rocky mountain national park, so i wasnt able to have it very loud and it was on the ipod so it wasnt really apropros to keep scrolling it back and listening intently to the teases, etc. 

weird stuff to hear a dead project teasing phish songs.

Even they know Phish is better.   :-P :wink: :evil:

guyforget

3rd night @ Red Rocks added, Sun. Sept. 26. 

I already have tickets for Sat. Sept. 25, will probably go to the Sun. show too, but I might not buy tickets when they go on sale this Saturday. 
-AD_

Buffalo Budd

I just booked my flight for Ottawa, gonna make the Bluesfest show.  It's been 15 years since I've witnessed Phil laying a groove, I'm pretty psyched.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.