News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Furthur

Started by redrum, August 23, 2009, 05:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 30, 2011, 04:23:03 PM
They 180'd on us.

They started out fairly dull but recently, shit got real.

Agreed 110 percent.  The show I saw in Charlotte was pretty much bullshit.  These latest shows have been raw.

Lifeboy

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on March 30, 2011, 04:25:06 PM
They 180'd on us.

Agreed 110 percent.  The show I saw in Charlotte was pretty much bullshit.  These latest shows have been raw.

Agreed. At first, I didn't have much hope for these guys. I thought it was just gonna be another phil/bobby project covering GD songs, but they have really come a long ways, and have actually been exploring new territory. I'm really digging what these guys are doing as of late.
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

Superfreakie

Quote from: Lifeboy on March 30, 2011, 04:35:04 PM
They 180'd on us.

Agreed. At first, I didn't have much hope for these guys. I thought it was just gonna be another phil/bobby project covering GD songs, but they have really come a long ways, and have actually been exploring new territory. I'm really digging what these guys are doing as of late.

It's called practice. Something you do when you take your music and role seriously.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: Superfreakie on March 30, 2011, 06:00:19 PM
They 180'd on us.

It's called practice. Something you do when you take your music and role seriously.
:phish:

rowjimmy

This guy gets it.

Quote from: Superfreakie on March 30, 2011, 06:00:19 PM
They 180'd on us.

Lifeboy

:?

I just meant that I'm surprised by the route that they are taking in their music, and that it's not just another GD incarnation, but something completely fresh, and that I was not expecting that at all.

I'm sure they practice, and take their music and role seriously and all that jazz. That's not what I was talking about though. I was just stating that I am surprised that they aren't playing typical run-of-the-mill setlists, they are playing new/different songs, etc, and that I am very impressed and my expectations were more than met.

:roll:
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

emay

They 180'd on us.

That charlotte show was the last Furthur show I have seen as well. Cant wait for ATL!  :rawk: :rawk: :rawk:

rowjimmy

http://www.glidemagazine.com/hiddentrack/19-year-old-man-falls-to-death-concert/

QuoteWe're saddened to report that a 19-year-old man died early this morning from injuries sustained after falling through a fourth-floor window of the Petersen Events Center on the campus of the University of Pittsburgh during last night's Furthur concert according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

As per the article, one witness said McDonald, PA resident Joseph Kimutis "appeared to have gotten into a three-point stance, 'like a football player,' yelled 'Hike!' and charged the window."

No word yet on Kimutis' physical and mental state leading up to the incident and toxicology reports are pending. The concert went on as planned. Furthur next performs tomorrow night at the Hampton Coliseum.
:shakehead:

McGrupp

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 31, 2011, 10:02:53 AM
http://www.glidemagazine.com/hiddentrack/19-year-old-man-falls-to-death-concert/

QuoteWe're saddened to report that a 19-year-old man died early this morning from injuries sustained after falling through a fourth-floor window of the Petersen Events Center on the campus of the University of Pittsburgh during last night's Furthur concert according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

As per the article, one witness said McDonald, PA resident Joseph Kimutis "appeared to have gotten into a three-point stance, 'like a football player,' yelled 'Hike!' and charged the window."

No word yet on Kimutis' physical and mental state leading up to the incident and toxicology reports are pending. The concert went on as planned. Furthur next performs tomorrow night at the Hampton Coliseum.

Shit. That is really sad news. Vibes to his family and friends.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

whyweigh5.0

that was messed up.  I walked over and there were people starting to group around the windows and a heavy police presence.  I saw a girl who was pretty hysterical crying her eyes out (she watched the dude smash through the window).  Then I saw the hole in the window and someone had told me what just happened.  I guess the dude was at the concert with his father.  really sad.  I'm sure the kid really didn't know exactly what he was doing and paid dearly for it
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

whyweigh5.0

about the music though, it was great.  Both sets were amazing but the 2nd really sounded good.  Very glad that I decided to go
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

gah

Quote from: McGrupp on March 31, 2011, 10:04:31 AM

damn shame...
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

whyweigh5.0

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: goodabouthood on March 31, 2011, 12:22:16 PM
Quote from: McGrupp on March 31, 2011, 10:04:31 AM

damn shame...
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

sls.stormyrider

hate when shit like this happens.
his dad must be a wreck
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."