News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Furthur

Started by redrum, August 23, 2009, 05:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qop24

re-listening to the hampton show...

loving the mexicali blues jam  :rockout:
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 14, 2011, 11:26:55 PM
Trey actually is totally inspired with ideas up the ass

Quote from: kellerb on July 06, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
When you're on droogz you don't remember which eye's supposed to be lazy

sprobeck

I was just thinking about my last show--04-02. Great show. Kinda weird moment though in Dire Wolf when Bobby looked right at me and made intense eye contact right after the "please don't murder me" line. Think I scare him or something?!
fresh back from the mental institution and FEELING FINE!!!!!!!!

kellerb

Quote from: sprobeck on April 06, 2011, 08:05:50 PM
I was just thinking about my last show--04-02. Great show. Kinda weird moment though in Dire Wolf when Bobby looked right at me and made intense eye contact right after the "please don't murder me" line. Think I scare him or something?!

Do you resemble your avatar? If so, yes. 

I always picture you as your avatar, regardless of which one it is.

sprobeck

Quote from: kellerb on April 06, 2011, 08:38:28 PM

You think my avatar is scary I guess. Well I don't really resemble that actually. I know it probably didn't mean anything, but why did he have to look at me then? Oh well, shows were sweet.

McGrupp

Quote from: sprobeck on April 06, 2011, 09:08:47 PM

You think my avatar is scary I guess. Well I don't really resemble that actually. I know it probably didn't mean anything, but why did he have to look at me then? Oh well, shows were sweet.

I recall something about you saying that Trey looks at you every show you're at... could it just be you?

At MPP1 last year, I was SURE trey was staring at me during most of the first set.

But after the show, I realized it was the liquid talking in my head.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

sprobeck

Quote from: McGrupp on April 06, 2011, 10:04:29 PM
Quote from: sprobeck on April 06, 2011, 09:08:47 PM

I recall something about you saying that Trey looks at you every show you're at... could it just be you?

At MPP1 last year, I was SURE trey was staring at me during most of the first set.

But after the show, I realized it was the liquid talking in my head.

No, no. I wrote about a dream I had that Trey was in. And I have had moments of recognition from Bobby and all the band members before actually. It was just sort of weird timing I guess.

WhatstheUse?

Looks like they just announced their summer tour in July.

I'll be hitting Great Wood!
Bring in the dude!

sophist

Raleigh > Simpsonville > St. Augustine > Alpharetta. 

Fucking win right there.  SF get your ass down south.  Let's rage this fucking run. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

sprobeck

Local train for me. Philly>Jersey!

Multibeast12

SPAC will be there

qop24

in the hampton version of quinn the eskimo at ~2:20-2:25 i swear they are saying "everybody's gonna wanna dose" instead of doze  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 14, 2011, 11:26:55 PM
Trey actually is totally inspired with ideas up the ass

Quote from: kellerb on July 06, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
When you're on droogz you don't remember which eye's supposed to be lazy

McGrupp

I'll be at Raleigh.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

sprobeck

Quote from: qop24 on April 09, 2011, 01:37:01 PM
in the hampton version of quinn the eskimo at ~2:20-2:25 i swear they are saying "everybody's gonna wanna dose" instead of doze  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Standard.

gah

Furthur Spring Tour 2011 Songbook Stats

TOUR IN REVIEW: Furthur Spring Tour 2011

The Spring Tour of 2011 by Furthur consisted of 25 shows.

A total of 212 different songs were played.

12 different cities and 13 different venues were played.

GUEST APPEARANCES:
Steve Molitz – 3/12/11
Warren Haynes – 3/13/11
Elvis Costello – 3/27/11
Larry Campbell – 3/27/11
Diana Krall – 3/27/11
Teresa Williams – 3/27/11
Al Schnier - 04/06/11
Clarence Clemons - 04/06/11

SETLIST ODDITIES:

**The following 36 songs were performed on this tour by Furthur for the first time ever**:
Alice D. Millionaire
All Along The Watchtower (Bob Dylan)
Because (The Beatles)
Blue Sky (Allman Brothers Band)
Carry That Weight (The Beatles)
Chest Fever (The Band)
Eclipse (Pink Floyd)
Fever (Little Willie John)
Fool In The Rain (Led Zeppelin)
Golden Slumbers (The Beatles)
Her Majesty (The Beatles)
Here Comes The Sun (The Beatles)
I Want You (She's So Heavy) (The Beatles)
Iko Iko (James Sugar Boy Crawford)
Little Red Rooster (Willie Dixon)
Maxwell's Silver Hammer (The Beatles)
Mean Mr. Mustard (The Beatles)
Mexicali Blues
Might As Well
Octopus's Garden (The Beatles)
Oh! Darling (The Beatles)
Polythene Pam (The Beatles)
Roadrunner (Holland/Dozier)
She Came In Through The Bathroom Window (The Beatles)
Something (The Beatles)
Spanish Jam
Sun King (The Beatles)
Supplication
The End (The Beatles)
The Last Time (The Rolling Stones)
The Mighty Quinn (Quinn The Eskimo) (Bob Dylan)
To Lay Me Down
Train In Vain (The Clash)
When You Wish Upon A Star (Harline/Washington)
Whiskey In The Jar (Traditional)
You Never Give Me Your Money (The Beatles)

**4 of 25 shows featured two encore songs. One show (3/27/11) featured three encore songs.**

**Playing In The Band was played 5 times and NEVER split or reprised.**

**China Cat Sunflower was played 6 times and I Know You Rider was played 5 times. Four times that China Cat Sunflower was played, I Know You Rider was played in the same show. (Exceptions: 4/1/11 and 3/15/11. I Know You Rider was played without China Cat Sunflower on 3/12/11.) Each time they were played in the same show, they were paired together.**

**Help On The Way and Franklin's Tower were played 4 times each. Slipknot! was played 5 times. They were played as a trio three times, 3/4/11, 3/26/11, and 4/2/11. Help On The Way > Slipknot was played on 3/19/11 (followed by The Eleven). Franklin's was played on its own on 3/13/11 to end set two. Slipknot was played on its own on 3/10/11, between Let It Grow and We Love You.**

**Scarlet Begonias was played 5 times and Fire On The Mountain was played 4 times. They appeared together in only two shows, and each time they were played back to back (3/8/11 and 3/29/11).**

SONG PERCENTAGES:

75 songs were played one time on this tour, or 35.38% of all the songs played.
A Hard Rain's A Gonna Fall, After Midnight, Alice D. Millionaire, All Along The Watchtower, Ashes and Glass, Beat It On Down The Line, Big Railroad Blues, Blue Sky, Built To Last, Candyman, Celebration, Chest Fever, Come Together, Corrina, Cryptical Envelopment, Dancin' In The Streets, Deep Elem Blues, Don't Ease Me In, Easy Wind, Eclipse, El Paso, Elevator, Feelin' Alright, Fever, Fool In The Rain, Gimme Some Lovin', Gloria, Her Majesty, Here Comes The Sun, High Time, I Want You (She's So Heavy), King Bee, Liberty, Like A Rolling Stone, Little Red Rooster, Looks Like Rain, Maggie's Farm, Mama Tried, Maxwell's Silver Hammer, Me and My Uncle, Mean Mr. Mustard, Mexicali Blues, Might As Well, Next Time You See Me, No More Do I, Oh! Darling, On The Road Again, Operator, Peaceful Valley, Polythene Pam, Queen Jane Approximately, Roadrunner, Rosemary, Ship Of Fools, Stagger Lee, Strawberry Fields Forever, Sun King, Sunrise, Sunshine Daydream Jam, Supplication, The Last Time, The Mighty Quinn (Quinn The Eskimo), The Race Is On, They Love Each Other, To Lay Me Down, Train In Vain, Two Djinn, U.S. Blues, Wang Dang Doodle, Welcome To The Dance, What's Become Of The Baby?, When I Paint My Masterpiece, When You Wish Upon A Star, Whiskey In The Jar, and You Never Give Me Your Money.

57 songs were played two times on this tour, or 26.89% of all the songs played.
(In The) Midnight Hour, Alabama Getaway, Around & Around, Attics Of My Life, Because, Big River, Bird Song, Black Throated Wind, Carry That Weight, Casey Jones, China Doll, Cold Rain & Snow, Comes A Time, Cream Puff War, Dark Hollow, Days Between, Deal, Dear Prudence, Doin' That Rag, Dupree's Diamond Blues, Friend Of The Devil, Golden Slumbers, Greatest Story Ever Told, Hey Jude reprise, High On A Mountain, I Need A Miracle, Iko Iko, It Must Have Been The Roses, Johnny B. Goode, Magnolia Mountain, Money For Gasoline, New Minglewood Blues, New Potato Caboose, Nobody Girl, Octopus's Garden, Peggy-O, Promised Land, Ramble On Rose, Reuben & Cerise, Revolution, Row Jimmy, Seven Hills Of Gold, She Came In Through The Bathroom Window, Smokestack Lightning, Something, Spanish Jam, Spoonful, Stella Blue, Sugaree, Tennessee Jed, The End, Throwing Stones, Till The Morning Comes, Time, Weather Report Suite Part One, and Weather Report Suite Prelude.

45 songs were played three times on this tour, or 21.23% of all the songs played.
Alligator, Althea, Bertha, Big Bad Blues, Black Peter, Box Of Rain, Brokedown Palace, Brown Eyed Women, Colors Of The Rain, Cosmic Charlie, Crazy Fingers, Cumberland Blues, Dear Mr. Fantasy, Death Don't Have No Mercy, Dire Wolf, Estimated Prophet, Feel Like A Stranger, Foolish Heart, Good Lovin', Hard To Handle, Hell In A Bucket, Here Comes Sunshine, He's Gone, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues, King Solomon's Marbles, Loose Lucy, Loser, Lost Sailor, Mason's Children, Mississippi Half Step Uptown Toodeloo, Morning Dew, New Speedway Boogie, Passenger, Pride Of Cucamonga, Ripple, Saint Of Circumstance, Samson & Delilah, Sittin' On Top Of The World, So Many Roads, Standing On The Moon, Touch Of Grey, Unbroken Chain, We Love You, West L.A. Fadeaway, and Wharf Rat.

18 songs were played four times on this tour, or 8.49% of all the songs played.
And We Bid You Goodnight, Cassidy, Caution (Do Not Stop On Tracks), Fire On The Mountain, Franklin's Tower, Goin' Down The Road Feelin' Bad, Golden Road To Unlimited Devotion, Help On The Way, Jack Straw, Lady With A Fan, Let It Grow, Not Fade Away, Shakedown Street, Sugar Magnolia, Terrapin Station, Terrapin Station Suite, The Music Never Stopped,and Turn On Your Lovelight.

12 songs were played five times on this tour, or 5.66% of all the songs played.
Born Cross Eyed, Dark Star, Eyes Of The World, Mountain Song, One More Saturday Night, Playin' In The Band, Scarlet Begonias, Slipknot!, St. Stephen, The Eleven, Truckin', and Viola Lee Blues.

5 songs were played six times on this tour, or 2.36% of all the songs played.
China Cat Sunflower, I Know You Rider, The Other One, The Wheel, and Uncle John's Band.

OPENERS, CLOSERS, and ENCORES:

Most common 1st set opener: Here Comes Sunshine (3 times).
Others: Feel Like A Stranger (2 times), Hell In A Bucket (2), Samson & Delilah (2), Alligator (1), Born Cross Eyed (1), Cassidy (1), Come Together (1), Dancin' In The Streets (1), Greatest Story Ever Told (1), Golden Road To Unlimited Devotion (1), Jack Straw (1), Mississippi Half Step Uptown Toodeloo (1), Not Fade Away (1), One More Saturday Night (1), Passenger (1), Playin' In The Band (1), Shakedown Street (1), Sittin' On Top Of The World (1), and The Music Never Stopped (1).

Most common 1st set closer: Casey Jones, Deal, Foolish Heart, Jack Straw, Mason's Children, and Turn On Your Lovelight (2 times each).
Others: Because (1 time), Bertha (1), Born Cross Eyed (1), Cassidy (1), Cold Rain & Snow (1), Good Lovin'(1), Might As Well (1), Not Fade Away (1), Ripple (1), Saint Of Circumstance (1), Sugar Magnolia (1), The Mighty Quinn (Quinn The Eskimo (1), and Viola Lee Blues (1).

Most common 2nd set opener: Hard To Handle and Truckin' (3 times each).
Others: Golden Road To Unlimited Devotion (2 times), Iko Iko (2), Playin' In The Band (2), Weather Report Suite Prelude (2), Blue Sky (1), Box Of Rain (1), Cryptical Envelopment (1), Estimated Prophet (1), Fire On The Mountain (1), Jack Straw (1), Lost Sailor (1), Mountain Song (1), The Music Never Stopped (1), The Wheel (1), Throwing Stones (1).

Most common 2nd set closer: Franklin's Tower (4 times).
Others: And We Bid You Goodnight (3 times), Sugar Magnolia (3), (In The) Midnight Hour (2), Not Fade Away (2), Terrapin Station Suite (2), Truckin' (2), Around & Around (1), Feelin' Alright (1), Gimme Some Lovin' (1), Goin' Down The Road Feelin' Bad (1), Good Lovin' (1), Playin' In The Band (1), and Turn On Your Lovelight (1).

Most common encore: Brokedown Palace, One More Saturday Night and Touch Of Grey (3 times each).
Others: Attics Of My Life (2 times), Box Of Rain (2), Johnny B. Goode (2), Ripple (2), And We Bid You Goodnight (1), Days Between (1), Fever (1), Gloria (1), Golden Road To Unlimited Devotion (1), Her Majesty (1), Liberty (1), Like A Rolling Stone (1), Revolution (1), St. Stephen (1), The End (1), Uncle John's Band (1), U.S. Blues (1), When I Paint My Masterpiece (1).
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

emay

Ill be at Simpsonville and Alpharetta!