News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Furthur

Started by redrum, August 23, 2009, 05:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lifeboy

Quote from: PleasedDog on September 20, 2011, 02:13:55 AM
Quote from: zimbra on September 19, 2011, 06:35:56 PM
Should be buying tickets for the St. Louis show tonight!
Party!Party!Party!Party!Party!Party!Party!Party!Party!Party!

Rage.
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

Mr. Natural

Anyone have know about parking on Day Island Road?
I saw a small parking lot while walking around the venue last year - it looked kind of secluded, i.e. awesome. I couldn't tell last year, but it seemed like there were concert-goers back there.
If so, does it [the Day Island Rd. parking lot] fill up early?
I've been to the Cuthbert twice and always parked on Leo Harris Parkway, in between Shakedown and the University ... but that mini-lot looks pretty cool back there on Day Island.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Alton+Baker+Park,+Day+Island+Road,+Eugene,+OR&hl=en&ll=44.055534,-123.07831&spn=0.004796,0.008272&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=43.123021,67.763672&vpsrc=6&safe=active&t=h&z=17
We were all ready to pedal like hell to get that rocketship into orbit

Caravan2001

Quote from: Mr. Natural on September 21, 2011, 01:15:36 PM
Anyone have know about parking on Day Island Road? I saw a small parking lot while walking around the venue last year - it looked kind of secluded, i.e. awesome. I couldn't tell last year, but it looked like concert-goers back there
Does it fill up early?
I've been to the Cuthbert twice and always parked on Leo Harris Parkway, in between Shakedown and the University.

I dunno, I always park by the side of Autzen.....kind of up from Shakedown....I think there is plenty of places if you get there early (before 4:30)

Hicks

Dunno, my mom, I mean wife, will probably be dropping me off.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Mr. Natural

Anyone following Zane Kesey's [alleged?] fb post about no vending being allowed at Cuthbert?
http://www2.registerguard.com/cms/index.php/ticket-files/comments/there-will-be-no-furthur-vending/
He claims it's the band's request.
Then the band's fb page posts - "Cuthbert Amphitheatre, the venue in Eugene, OR, where Furthur will be playing this weekend, has informed us that there will be NO vending allowed outside the venue."

Does anything go down in the Autzen lot, by the University? Maybe that will be the new Shakedown since it's not Cuthbert property. Maybe they're just talking about that small lot before you cross the bridge over the water. My first  :syf: show at RFK in'89 was the first time they outlawed parking lot camping, I think, and there was plenty of talk on the lot that went either "yeah, right" or "fuck that rule."
Allz I'll be doing is slingin' kombucha, so I'm mobile and this sort of thing probably won't effect me. But I wonder if it will be ignored. I've read that the cops are ready to ticket their asses off. Last year on the lot, I was told a few times (by people who thought my tea jug was beer) that a lot of people got $300 tickets for open alcohol container violations.

p.s. If they play DARK STAR when that satellite burns through the atmosphere at quarter past nine tonight - I'm gonna shit. Even though I'm not even going down there until tomorrow.
We were all ready to pedal like hell to get that rocketship into orbit

gah

Quote from: Mr. Natural on September 23, 2011, 11:03:33 PM
Anyone following Zane Kesey's [alleged?] fb post about no vending being allowed at Cuthbert?
http://www2.registerguard.com/cms/index.php/ticket-files/comments/there-will-be-no-furthur-vending/
He claims it's the band's request.
Then the band's fb page posts - "Cuthbert Amphitheatre, the venue in Eugene, OR, where Furthur will be playing this weekend, has informed us that there will be NO vending allowed outside the venue."

Does anything go down in the Autzen lot, by the University? Maybe that will be the new Shakedown since it's not Cuthbert property. Maybe they're just talking about that small lot before you cross the bridge over the water. My first  :syf: show at RFK in'89 was the first time they outlawed parking lot camping, I think, and there was plenty of talk on the lot that went either "yeah, right" or "fuck that rule."
Allz I'll be doing is slingin' kombucha, so I'm mobile and this sort of thing probably won't effect me. But I wonder if it will be ignored. I've read that the cops are ready to ticket their asses off. Last year on the lot, I was told a few times (by people who thought my tea jug was beer) that a lot of people got $300 tickets for open alcohol container violations.

p.s. If they play DARK STAR when that satellite burns through the atmosphere at quarter past nine tonight - I'm gonna shit. Even though I'm not even going down there until tomorrow.

That was said to be the size of a bus! Wonder where it landed...the ocean probably.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

JPhishman

Last night looked pretty good, but they managed to stay away from most of the big guns I'm hoping for tonight. Dark Star, Scarlet/Fire, Eyes, Dew. Heading down with Caravan in a few hours. Psyched!

:syf:
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

mehead

Quote from: JPhishman on September 24, 2011, 01:53:50 PM
Last night looked pretty good, but they managed to stay away from most of the big guns I'm hoping for tonight. Dark Star, Scarlet/Fire, Eyes, Dew. Heading down with Caravan in a few hours. Psyched!

you got your wish...that 2nd set looks killah!
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

Caravan2001

By far the best Furthur show I have seen.  It was really, really good.  Second set was amazing, although I was laid out during the first two songs, but pulled it together by the end of Bertha.....Got slaughtered by some ganja food.  Dark Star->Caution->Eleven was redic....These guys kick major ass.....

zimbra

Quote from: Caravan2001 on September 25, 2011, 01:27:36 PM
By far the best Furthur show I have seen.  It was really, really good.  Second set was amazing, although I was laid out during the first two songs, but pulled it together by the end of Bertha.....Got slaughtered by some ganja food.  Dark Star->Caution->Eleven was redic....These guys kick major ass.....

Sounds like a good time, getting pretty pumped for the St. Louis show. 
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

JPhishman

Loved it. The Eleven especially.

First set everyone in the place really got on the same page during the Throwing Stones jam. Always a cool feeling when an entire venue drops into the groove together.

Caravan2001

Quote from: JPhishman on September 25, 2011, 03:12:13 PM

First set everyone in the place really got on the same page during the Throwing Stones jam. Always a cool feeling when an entire venue drops into the groove together.

For sure, that was one of the best Throwing Stones I have ever seen, GD included.....Sorry I couldn't finish driving you home last night.....

JPhishman

Quote from: Caravan2001 on September 25, 2011, 04:10:55 PM
Quote from: JPhishman on September 25, 2011, 03:12:13 PM

For sure, that was one of the best Throwing Stones I have ever seen, GD included.....Sorry I couldn't finish driving you home last night.....

No worries bud you put on some ser miles yesterday!

birdman

Apparently the band wouldn't let Zane Kesey in with THE BUS last night. They wouldnt allow him to vend his shit in the vendors lot.
That shit is fucking cold man. Family my ass.
"We used to play for silver...and still do"

Zane's facebook post:
I feel like someone I LOVE just told me they could care less about me...I wish they (Furthur) would explain! I love this band, they are the only one's that play music I can "feel"! I tried to go Fri, but had to leave,too painful. I didn't even try Sat. I doubt today!

SIGH...pain!
Paug FTMFW!

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged