News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Furthur

Started by redrum, August 23, 2009, 05:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sls.stormyrider

Just got back
strong show

opener set 1- Playin>Crazy Fingers (Foxboro 7/02/89, in attendance. I don't know for a fact, but I don't think that combo opened too many other shows, if any)
opener set 2- St Stephen (Boston Music Hall - same building, different name, 6/09/76)

coincidence? I think not.

another weird thing - for 6 years I worked in the hospital next to the venue and parked in the same lot everyday. It was a bit strange seeing the place surrounded by deadheads and the parking lot filled with fumes
eta - when I first started working there, that neighborhood was the Combat Zone. So instead of deadheads hanging around there were hookers. Not as weird as I thought

more tomorrow

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

WhatstheUse?

Wish I could've made it tonight or tomorrow. Hope y'all have fun!
Bring in the dude!

sMILEy

Quote from: slslbs on April 06, 2012, 12:28:48 AM
Just got back
strong show

opener set 1- Playin>Crazy Fingers (Foxboro 7/02/89, in attendance. I don't know for a fact, but I don't think that combo opened too many other shows, if any)
opener set 2- St Stephen (Boston Music Hall - same building, different name, 6/09/76)

another weird thing - for 6 years I worked in the hospital next to the venue and parked in the same lot everyday. It was a bit strange seeing the place surrounded by deadheads and the parking lot filled with fumes
eta - when I first started working there, that neighborhood was the Combat Zone. So instead of deadheads hanging around there were hookers. Not as weird as I thought

more tomorrow

Happy to hear it was a good show!
I was hoping to make it down but couldn't find tickets..
Enjoy tonights show!!  :beers:

DoW

Quote from: slslbs on April 06, 2012, 12:28:48 AM
Just got back
strong show

more tomorrow
the good ole days of the combat zone.
I used to ahve similar experiences when I started law school and there'd be a phil & friends or trey show at the orpheum.  it took all my willpower to go into class and then I'd be sitting in class and you could actually hear the crowd outside.
now on the rare occassion I go to the orpheum, I see those poor saps going into class while I'm outside making noise for them to listen to in class.

enjoy tonight's show.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

Undermind

Furthur Fall Dates

September 21-23 Morrison, CO—Red Rocks Amphitheatre
September 25 Seattle, WA—WaMu Theater at CenturyLink Field Events Center
September 27-30 Troutdale, OR—Edgefield
September 30 Mountain View, CA—Shoreline Amphitheatre
October 2 San Diego, CA—SDSU Open Air Theatre
October 4 Las Vegas, NV—The Joint
October 5-6 Los Angeles, CA—Greek Theatre
October 7 Santa Barbara, AC—Santa Barbara Bowl
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

Mr. Natural

Even though it's sold out, I think I'm going to bike up to Edgefield on Friday and hang out. I've been there a couple times (had lunch, walked the grounds, toured the facility), but never for a show. With all the rooms checked out by 'Heads, I'm guessing it could still be a lot of fun.
From their website - "East and West lots will open at 12 noon, day of show." and "Campsites in the vicinity: Dabney State Park is the closest with several others within 15 miles."
So I might check out Dabney, too.
Anyone hitting up these shows?

We were all ready to pedal like hell to get that rocketship into orbit

Hicks

Quote from: Mr. Natural on May 09, 2012, 08:13:29 PM
Even though it's sold out, I think I'm going to bike up to Edgefield on Friday and hang out. I've been there a couple times (had lunch, walked the grounds, toured the facility), but never for a show. With all the rooms checked out by 'Heads, I'm guessing it could still be a lot of fun.
From their website - "East and West lots will open at 12 noon, day of show." and "Campsites in the vicinity: Dabney State Park is the closest with several others within 15 miles."

In for Saturday.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Caravan2001

Quote from: Hicks on May 09, 2012, 08:41:24 PM
Quote from: Mr. Natural on May 09, 2012, 08:13:29 PM

In for Saturday.

In for Saturday too...Will prolly go Thursday as well, since I can still get a ticket....

Caravan2001

And def hitting Dabney for a disc round before one of the two days....

VDB

Quote from: Undermind on April 13, 2012, 02:05:33 PM
Furthur Fall Dates

September 21-23 Morrison, CO—Red Rocks Amphitheatre
September 25 Seattle, WA—WaMu Theater at CenturyLink Field Events Center
September 27-30 Troutdale, OR—Edgefield
September 30 Mountain View, CA—Shoreline Amphitheatre
October 2 San Diego, CA—SDSU Open Air Theatre
October 4 Las Vegas, NV—The Joint
October 5-6 Los Angeles, CA—Greek Theatre
October 7 Santa Barbara, AC—Santa Barbara Bowl

Holy naming rights overload. Make sure you visit the Kohler Faucets Sanitized by Swisher handwashing area inside the Miller Lite Vortex Bottle men's room after handling your Trojan Condoms johnson at the American Standard urinal station.
Is this still Wombat?

Hicks

Quote from: Caravan2001 on May 09, 2012, 10:55:03 PM

I'll play Dabney. . .

With your discs.   :evil:
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Caravan2001

Quote from: Hicks on May 10, 2012, 11:18:57 AM

I'll play Dabney. . .

Yeah man, I've lost a few in there. I usually lose one disc for every two rounds I play there.  But we gotta do it, it's a no brainer. Also, we gotta get to Pier, I have been going there early on Sundays.

/end thread hijack

Hicks

Quote from: Caravan2001 on May 11, 2012, 12:31:23 AM

I'll play Dabney. . .

Yeah man, I've lost a few in there. I usually lose one disc for every two rounds I play there.  But we gotta do it, it's a no brainer. Also, we gotta get to Pier, I have been going there early on Sundays.

/end thread hijack

Could definitely hit Pier on a Sunday other than this one since it's mother's day.

Caravan2001

Quote from: Hicks on May 11, 2012, 12:40:25 AM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on May 11, 2012, 12:31:23 AM

I'll play Dabney. . .

/end thread hijack

Could definitely hit Pier on a Sunday other than this one since it's mother's day.

obvs

Superfreakie

I basically have a box for Bethel (18 rows back). Well, half of one and half of another but they're both connected
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.