News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Furthur

Started by redrum, August 23, 2009, 05:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

Quote from: kellerb on July 10, 2012, 10:39:46 PM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on July 10, 2012, 09:39:13 PM
Quote from: kellerb on July 10, 2012, 09:16:24 PM
Quote from: UncleEbinezer on July 09, 2012, 04:41:01 PM
One of my all time favorite show experiences was going solo to a show.  At these types of shows you're never really solo.

I feel weird, but am I the only person that constantly goes to shows solo?

I hit a few shows solo, definitely doesn't stop me if there's a band I wanna see.

I almost prefer it.  I don't like coordinating extra tickets or worrying about whether someone else is having a good time.  I pretty much roll solo nowadays, and just meet up with whoever is also going.  That's not to discount the enjoyment I get from meeting up with people and hanging with them during the shows.  The Deer Creek phish shows were totally better because I hung out with MisterCharlie, Tomapella, Aphineday, and my buddy Tom Fox.  And also that baby that was suckin' on a titty.  And my lovely cougar bartender who I talked to multiple times both nights

Yeah, I like going solo, and it's made even better by the fact that once I arrive solo I find Keller or Tom or someone else randomly that I know. Hell when I took my mom to go see Willie ( I know that's not flying solo) we randomly bumped into this old hippie that used to go see GD with us. And before I metup with Keller for night two of phish I bumped into a different set of old friends that I don't really keep in touch with.

When you're solo it's easier to roam around and see what's to be seen.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: mistercharlie on July 11, 2012, 07:08:52 AM
Quote from: kellerb on July 10, 2012, 10:39:46 PM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on July 10, 2012, 09:39:13 PM
Quote from: kellerb on July 10, 2012, 09:16:24 PM
Quote from: UncleEbinezer on July 09, 2012, 04:41:01 PM
One of my all time favorite show experiences was going solo to a show.  At these types of shows you're never really solo.

I feel weird, but am I the only person that constantly goes to shows solo?

I hit a few shows solo, definitely doesn't stop me if there's a band I wanna see.

I almost prefer it.  I don't like coordinating extra tickets or worrying about whether someone else is having a good time.  I pretty much roll solo nowadays, and just meet up with whoever is also going.  That's not to discount the enjoyment I get from meeting up with people and hanging with them during the shows.  The Deer Creek phish shows were totally better because I hung out with MisterCharlie, Tomapella, Aphineday, and my buddy Tom Fox.  And also that baby that was suckin' on a titty.  And my lovely cougar bartender who I talked to multiple times both nights

Yeah, I like going solo, and it's made even better by the fact that once I arrive solo I find Keller or Tom or someone else randomly that I know. Hell when I took my mom to go see Willie ( I know that's not flying solo) we randomly bumped into this old hippie that used to go see GD with us. And before I metup with Keller for night two of phish I bumped into a different set of old friends that I don't really keep in touch with.

When your solo it's easier to roam around and see what's to be seen.

I think lope was speaking more of going 100% solo.  Like not knowing who may or may not even be there.  But the last line of your post,
QuoteWhen your solo it's easier to roam around and see what's to be seen.
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

Buffalo Budd

^^^When I say I'm going solo, that's what I mean.  I don't plan to meet anyone there, just go to listen to the music.  I find it liberating in the fact that I can roam where ever I want but it is also great if you want to pay attention solely to the music.  No chit chat during tunes, just you and the music.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Mr. Natural

Yet another cool Furthur afterparty in Portland - this one after the Friday night show.

on The Spirit of Portland floating down the Willamette River.

Looks like a ton o' fun, but heart is set on the Pranksters' Ball.

They've got an fb page. Zane Kesey is already calling it the Portland Acid Test and they're putting a lot of prep into it. Hit me up if you want to put a 'Paug posse together to hit this thing up, 'cuz I'm definitely going on Saturday. I might even be able to squeeze in a MAGIC TRIP viewing between now & then to get in the mood.
We were all ready to pedal like hell to get that rocketship into orbit

gah

Quote from: Mr. Natural on September 16, 2012, 05:17:56 PM
Yet another cool Furthur afterparty in Portland - this one after the Friday night show.

on The Spirit of Portland floating down the Willamette River.

Looks like a ton o' fun, but heart is set on the Pranksters' Ball.

They've got an fb page. Zane Kesey is already calling it the Portland Acid Test and they're putting a lot of prep into it. Hit me up if you want to put a 'Paug posse together to hit this thing up, 'cuz I'm definitely going on Saturday. I might even be able to squeeze in a MAGIC TRIP viewing between now & then to get in the mood.

paging jphishman
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Undermind

at Red Rocks tonight

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

Undermind

Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

emay

Undermind

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on September 21, 2012, 10:05:42 PM
Quote from: Undermind on September 21, 2012, 09:57:25 PM
Pretty sweet stream for tonight
http://couch-tour.com/

sweet, thanks
You're welcome. This stream is A quality with no cut outs yet.  Wish there were more like this on Phish tour!

emay

Quote from: Undermind on September 21, 2012, 10:08:48 PM

sweet, thanks
You're welcome. This stream is A quality with no cut outs yet.  Wish there were more like this on Phish tour!

yeah crystal clear.
Great show so far too.
Hope to tune in to this all weekend, been fighting this cold so I would love to listen to this RR run

Undermind

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on September 21, 2012, 10:13:18 PM

sweet, thanks

yeah crystal clear.
Great show so far too.
Hope to tune in to this all weekend, been fighting this cold so I would love to listen to this RR run
Sucks about the cold... this should help you out though!

Undermind

I: Help on the Way > Slipknot > Golden Road, Mexicali Blues> Mama Tried, Althea

Hicks

sweet, thanks

yeah crystal clear.
Great show so far too.

Audio only?
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

emay

Quote from: Hicks on September 21, 2012, 10:27:58 PM

sweet, thanks

yeah crystal clear.
Great show so far too.

Audio only?

Yeah

emay

Quote from: Undermind on September 21, 2012, 10:18:46 PM
I: Help on the Way > Slipknot > Golden Road, Mexicali Blues> Mama Tried, Althea

> Let it Ride (Ryan Adams)