News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Rent My Movie!

Started by cactusfan, September 08, 2009, 01:45:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cactusfan

www.illbelieveyou-themovie.com

A few years ago I wrote a movie with a couple friends, and then we made it. Called I'LL BELIEVE YOU. It's a low-budget, kinda weird little comedy. And it's extremely family friendly, as in, I have no idea why it's rated PG and not G. Kids seem to love it.

It played very briefly in theaters about a year and a half ago, and is finally out on DVD as of today (long story involving moronic, bankrupt distributor, and us suing to get rights back...)

It's got a lot of funny people in it, such as Ed Helms, Chris Elliot, Fred Willard, Patrick Warburton (Puddy from Seinfeld, live-action Tick), Thomas Gibson, Mo Rocca, Siobhan Fallon (SNL, Men In Black, a million other little parts).

At the link above is a trailer and a little reel of Ed Helms outtakes, where he plays with a clay Loch Ness Monster I built late one night before shooting.

I admit it's not the most brilliant movie of all time... it was a learning experience making it. But if you watch it, know that it gets better as it goes along. The best part is the ending.

And there's Phish trivia for you: one of the other writers (also the producer) is a big phish fan, so we put all kinds of Phish references in it, only a few of which survived editing. The most obvious is that we gave the main character the line 'big black furry creature from mars.' but on the day of shooting, the actor decided the word 'black' would somehow be construed as racist, so he just said, 'big furry creature from mars,' the dope. There's also a plaque that appears which features the date 7-4-99, chosen because at the time, the Slave from that show was the producer's favorite version. And in the office set there are all kinds of post-it notes with things like "Remember to thank Mr. Minor," and so forth, but they're all too small to see on your TV screen.

I hope you check it out. If nothing else, just throw it on your Netflix queue so they know people are interested. Or better yet-- rate it highly!

:beers:

khalpin

Just added it to the queue.  Looks like the user ratings are pretty respectable.

rowjimmy

I'll def. check it out.
No idea that you were into film from more than a serious fan perspective.

Edit: #2 in my queue (behind Deadwood Season1, Disc5)

gah

my prediction: cult classic!  :-D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

ytowndan

Awesome!  Gonna go add it to my queue now!
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

cactusfan

thanks, y'all!
hope it amuses you.

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 08, 2009, 02:49:47 PM
I'll def. check it out.
No idea that you were into film from more than a serious fan perspective.

it's an absurd business to try and be a part of, but that's where my youthful film obsession has led me. not exactly making a living at it, but trying, trying...

mbw

chris elliot stars in a movie you wrote?!?
awesome.

birdman

Agreed.
Quite awesome.

Will add it to my queue.
Paug FTMFW!

justjezmund

wow another writer on the paug(unlike myself youve gotten out there). this looks great.

Chris Eliot, Ed Helms, Pat Warburton.  This can't miss.  going to the top of queue.

Edit: fucking right no need to wait, instant queue here i come!

Edit 2: And its in hd on the xbox, Sweet
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

AntelopeFreeway

Cool.  Available to watch instantly, so I'll watch it tomorrow when I'm trying to avoid working.

GBL

Good job! Just stole it from the web, will check it out tonight..
If this is love, I'm never going home..

JPhishman

added to my queue... right on Cactus
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: GBL on September 08, 2009, 05:38:36 PM
Good job! Just stole it from the web, will check it out tonight..

I think the point was to pique interest through Netflix... but it is pretty rad that you bootleged it.   :mrgreen:

Caravan2001

added to queue, than ks for the heads up...will review after watching...I worked with Mo Rocca before as well....

blatboom

your producer has excellent tastes when it comes to Slaves.