News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

John Edwards: Twisted Douche Supreme

Started by sophist, September 20, 2009, 11:24:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fauxpaxfauxreal

I just saw that the Service Sector is now considered to be 80 percent of our GDP.

:-o

kellerb

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on October 05, 2009, 10:07:56 PM
I just saw that the Service Sector is now considered to be 80 percent of our GDP.

:-o

* kellerb gives the service sector the Goat!

gah

QuoteRALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — Former Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards finally admitted Thursday he fathered a child during an affair before his second White House bid, dropping long-standing denials just ahead of a book by a former campaign aide who initially took the fall.

Edwards released a statement admitting paternity of the girl, Frances Quinn Hunter, who was born in 2008 to videographer Rielle Hunter as the result of an affair Edwards has already confessed to.

"It was wrong for me to ever deny she was my daughter," he said, adding he was providing financial support for the child and mother. "I am Quinn's father."
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

sophist

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

rowjimmy

sls.stormyrider

what amazes me is that not only did he have the balls to try and hide a kid thate everyone knew was his, he had the bigger balls to continue running for prez after this happened.

this makes "hiking the Appalachians" childs play
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

gah

Quote from: slslbs on January 21, 2010, 04:44:00 PM
what amazes me is that not only did he have the balls to try and hide a kid thate everyone knew was his, he had the bigger balls to continue running for prez after this happened.

this makes "hiking the Appalachians" childs play

Yeah, it's pretty impressive. I'm sure he'll be on the Indignity Index thing they do in Newsweek.

As a sidenote, in the Newsweek that just came out, there's a pic of him kissing his wife, and a quote underneath from here that reads,
Quote"I have to believe it. Because if I don't, it means I'm married to a monster." - Elizabeth Edwards, on whether she accepted her husband's denials that he had father a child outside their marriage

What a shame!  :shakehead:

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

gah

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_edwards_investigation

QuoteRALEIGH, N.C. – A federal grand jury charged two-time presidential candidate John Edwards on Friday with soliciting and covering up the secret spending of more than $925,000 to hide his mistress and their baby during the peak of his 2008 campaign for the White House.

The grand jury's indictment in the case of USA v. Johnny Reid Edwards contained six felony counts, including conspiracy, four counts of receiving illegal campaign contributions and one count of false statements for keeping the spending off his public campaign finance reports.

QuoteIf convicted, Edwards faces a maximum penalty of five years in prison and a $250,000 fine on each of the six counts. First time white collar offenders usually don't receive prison terms in federal court, but the Justice Department typically presses for at least a short prison sentence for public officials. While Edwards was a private citizen as a candidate, he was receiving taxpayer money for his presidential campaign.

rowjimmy

runawayjimbo

QuoteRALEIGH, N.C. – A federal grand jury charged two-time presidential candidate John Edwards on Friday with soliciting and covering up the secret spending of more than $925,000 to hide his mistress and their baby during the peak of his 2008 campaign for the White House.

The grand jury's indictment in the case of USA v. Johnny Reid Edwards contained six felony counts, including conspiracy, four counts of receiving illegal campaign contributions and one count of false statements for keeping the spending off his public campaign finance reports.

His real name is Johnny? What a dick.

A also had a nice laugh at the subject title
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

fauxpaxfauxreal

I thought the article on Huffington Post about how he was looking at his blackberry on the way to court was pretty funny.

runawayjimbo

Quote from: antelope19 on June 03, 2011, 08:53:38 PM
What's wrong with Johnny?

Nothing wrong with it, I just never heard someone whose actual name was Johnny go by John. Actually, I don't think I've ever heard Johnny as a formal first name.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

rowjimmy

Same here. It makes me hate him all the more.

It reminds me of other hardened criminals like Johnny Dangerously.