News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Service Provider thread for VA Slim

Started by Guyute, June 17, 2005, 03:03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guyute

.lets work on getting you some high speed.

SBC is 1 of the 2 largest telecomms in the country with Verizon.  They are really competing right now.  SBC is doing a promotions of $14.99 for your basic 1.5mg DSL connection.  I have DSL pro and pay $25.95 for 3mb down and 512k up.  

Verizon does similar deals at $19.99 for basic dsl which is still cheaper than AOL.

Who is your local phone company, it is worth checking with them for what they have to offer.  In most of the metro areas (are there any in NE  :)) you can get great rates on DSL from someone.
Good decisions come from experience;
Experience comes from bad decisions.

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.

VA $l!m

as of right now, i believe that my fam is paying~ 19.95 for AOLdial-up...and from what i remember from my discussions w/ them when i first moved in w/ them a while back, they said that the cheapest promotion they've seen recently for dsl is ~29.99/ mon.

now i f-ed w/ calling around for awhile, but like i said , i have a unique situation in which i REALLY don't have much pull ---unless it is an arguement which is impossible to lose...and like i said the fam is seriously old-school stubborn, and usually when i've brought it up, they bring up a million little issues about how this or that service isn't tailored to their needs, etc...
i dunno, its a  sorta a no win sitchey, but ... :?

my local phone co. is ALLTELL i believe...
most peeps ~ here have roadrunner for high-speed i think.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Guyute

Sorry to hear that you have no pull.   Alltel does DSL 256k for $24.95 a month which is what I though AOL did.   Too bad, wanted to help you.  NE isa tough area, not exactily a major business area so it tends to get things well after other parts of the country.    Around here they are starting to run fiber to the neighborhood.   Phone company will do your TV, phone, and I am hearing 15mb down internet for 1 price, should be cool

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.

VA $l!m

yeah another key point in debating the connection w/ the fam. is that they almost certainly won't change their phone plan , which means combing phone / internet service w/ the phone co.s is pretty much out...
they have a very specific phone plan which gives them cheap international rates to call my sister in germany ...
honestly , its all good, cause its all free to me!!---and actually i think they might just be springing for the dsl soon anyway!>>though the talk at the dinner table involves some sort of trade off like getting rid of the cable tv...argh...like i said though i have no grounds to complain , 'cause if it wasnt for them i'd pretty much be out on the streets anyway!! :lol:
thanx for the concern though :)

hey , we'll have a party when i get hooked up hopefully  :roll:  :lol:
--slim.

VA $l!m

next thurs, july 7 is the magic day...
the guy's comin to hook me up!
no more complainin' hopefully.
some sort of highspeed, nothin' super great, but somethin'

coincedentally i should almost be finished DLing rowjim's phish mix  by then ...j/k. :wink:

gene

wow va slim still with the aol train (thought that crashed and burned years ago) boy i remember when aol version 1.0 first came out and it was the biggest thing, i mean you get AOL INSTANT MESSANGER, wow that was the hotness back then. But honestly i'd die without some sort of broadband, as long as i remember using the computer (been a while) i remember being on some sort of high speed connect.

just congratulating you on your new connection, i think its a big deal if you use the computer pretty much at all to just go the extra yard and get some god damn high speed internet DEF WORTH IT.  

3 cheers for you boy o     :!:  :!:  :!:  :!:  :!:

Guyute

Quote from: VA slimnext thurs, july 7 is the magic day...
the guy's comin to hook me up!
no more complainin' hopefully.
some sort of highspeed, nothin' super great, but somethin'

coincedentally i should almost be finished DLing rowjim's phish mix  by then ...j/k. :wink:

Glad to hear it, good for you.

VA $l!m

JULY 6 , 2005...

the last day a dial up connection was EVER(knock on wood) used by Va SLim.

fr:  HOG HEAVEN  :D  :D  8)