News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Wireless picture frame

Started by UncleEbinezer, October 12, 2009, 10:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UncleEbinezer

Is anyone using a wireless picture frame to share photos with people?  We are looking at getting a wireless picture frame as gifts for our parents and I am trying to get something that is easy to use and will allow us to share photos with my parents and my future wife's. 
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

mattstick

A digital photo frame?

My suggestion is to take note of the display resolution, as the cheaper ones have a resolution that is much too low.

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: mattstick on October 12, 2009, 10:51:29 AM

A digital photo frame?

My suggestion is to take note of the display resolution, as the cheaper ones have a resolution that is much too low.

Yes, but I am specifically looking for one that is wireless and we can essentially send photos to it.  I have seen that they exist, I am just kind of unsure how they work and if they are even easy to work with.
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

mattstick

To me it seems pointless to have it wireless, load photos on via USB from a laptop or desktop and be done with it.

The reviews here seem to be pretty good:

http://www.wirelesspictureframe.com/

PhishJY

I bought my wife a Kodak W1020 last Christmas. She loves it.

It will do what you want to do, but here's how you'll have to do it.
You'll have to configure the frame to get its pictures from a Flikr channel. Then you post your pics to the channel.

It's been almost a year since I set the frame up, but i'm 99% sure that's how you'll have to do it.

We were using Kodak's EasyShare software to feed pics over wi-fi, but the software was a resource hog. So, then we switched to Windows Media Connect. Wife couldn't create custom slide shows (you have to use all the photos in a folder; can't select certain ones). Wound up putting the pics on a SD card and put the card in the frame. Glad I bought a wireless frame.

HTH
Quote from: nab on April 13, 2007, 09:50:05 AM
Honestly though, this whole post whoring thing is getting to be a little ridiculous.  But does having a higher post count make a cooler pauger?