News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Shutup!

Started by kramerica2010, October 20, 2009, 12:28:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kramerica2010

Just want to say one thing before we enter the land of Fest 8,  Phish fans are really fuckin loud! For christ sake's I know you are excited to hear Divided Sky or whatever, but can you please shut the hell up while Trey's guitar sings his beautiful lines? I swear I couldn't hear anything Trey was playing when they played DS during the emotional solo over the bass and keys vamp. Why does everyone take this time to make conversation with their friends? "O shit thats a nice groove." "Listen to Mike he's killin it!" These are things that do not need to be spoken during the show. So please, show other audience members some respect, and for god sakes show PHISH some respect! Thank you
I've got a petrified Phish disease, I wish somebody'd hear me!

nab

Ahh....  control over the masses.

Dreams of many of us mad men my friend. 

(Then again you could just check for nuances when you review the show on tape.)

guyforget

pointless post #124303

seriously, if someone talking beside you is enough to annoy you at a show, youre not paying enough attention in the first place and probably just looking for something to get all "hettier than thou" about. 
-AD_

mistercharlie

You could just starts yelling "shut-up" at the top of your lungs at those moments!  :roll:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

nab

Quote from: Mistercharlie on October 20, 2009, 12:36:53 AM
You could just starts yelling "shut-up" at the top of your lungs at those moments!  :roll:

That always works

jonyem

Yours is a serious problem, may I make a suggestion...

mistercharlie

Quote from: jonyem on October 20, 2009, 01:19:21 AM
Yours is a serious problem, may I make a suggestion...

That could work, but I find it's best to wait until the shows over to get shit-faced!  :lol:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

WhatstheUse?

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bring in the dude!

StCarl

My mom was a Catholic school teacher - she did not f around with stuff like shut up.  That was considered a swear and if I got busted saying it to one of my sisters, it was a go to your room, at least. 

Quote from: McGrupp on January 25, 2011, 02:39:37 PM
your overall taste in phish shows perplexes me.

mistercharlie

Quote from: StCarl on October 20, 2009, 01:29:39 AM
My mom was a Catholic school teacher - she did not f around with stuff like shut up.  That was considered a swear and if I got busted saying it to one of my sisters, it was a go to your room, at least. 

My mom was a stoner-hippie and we weren't allowd to say shut-up, yet I was allowed to get high at 13. go figure.  :-P

StCarl

Quote from: Mistercharlie on October 20, 2009, 01:41:30 AM

My mom was a stoner-hippie and we weren't allowd to say shut-up, yet I was allowed to get high at 13. go figure.  :-P

My dad was the chief of police of my town, as well.  Compared to other kids, it didn't seem like I was allowed to do much, yet I was still able to make my first dead show before I got my driver's license.  Go figure   :crazy:

But at thirteen though, I would have been a total n00b.   
Quote from: McGrupp on January 25, 2011, 02:39:37 PM
your overall taste in phish shows perplexes me.

mistercharlie

Quote from: StCarl on October 20, 2009, 02:27:53 AM
Quote from: Mistercharlie on October 20, 2009, 01:41:30 AM

My dad was the chief of police of my town, as well.  Compared to other kids, it didn't seem like I was allowed to do much, yet I was still able to make my first dead show before I got my driver's license.  Go figure   :crazy:

But at thirteen though, I would have been a total n00b.

I couldn't tell you when my first dead show was, as I was taken along for most of my young life to shows. I'm just glad I got to see so many, when most people my age, 28, never got to see the dead with Jerry.

mopper_smurf

My dad was a forrester, a relaxed dOOd all the way. So when I asked my parents if I could hop on the train to catch The Sex Pistols gig in Amsterdam in 1977, he was totallly cool with that. I was 14 ...

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Superfreakie

Quote from: mopper_smurf on October 20, 2009, 05:26:02 AM
My dad was a forrester, a relaxed dOOd all the way. So when I asked my parents if I could hop on the train to catch The Sex Pistols gig in Amsterdam in 1977, he was totallly cool with that. I was 14 ...

Goddamn European parenting. Next thing you know, they will be letting them drink under the age of twenty one and smoke herb in establishments not unlike our coffee shops.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

rowjimmy

SSSSHSHHHHHH!!!!!
Phish is playing.