News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

phish.net/myshows

Started by redrum, November 13, 2009, 04:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 16, 2009, 11:02:29 AM
Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on November 15, 2009, 06:41:51 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on November 15, 2009, 06:27:44 PM

My first kid was born in June of 1996.
Otherwise, I'd have done pretty much all of 12/95, 96, 97, etc...

Oh, I thought I'd seen you say something about how you got bored of the band in 1996... I guess sometimes 1 and 1 does equal 3!

Oh, I don't find 96 to be all that great but that's only in looking back to the recordings. I probably would have had a blast and I totally would have been there had I been able. So... You know, perhaps you shouldn't cite things (my reasons for missing shows for example) that you know nothing about.

Maybe, but I don't think there was any harm done.  I take a "no harm, no foul" approach to life.  Regardless of the one piece of evidence that I cited being incorrect, I do think that there was a huge demographic shift in the Phish audience in Summer '95-->Winter '96 that definitely turned a lot of "oldbies" off.  And I obviously knew more than "nothing" about it.  The evidence that I was in actuality citing was that you had said at least slightly derogatory things about '96 before and that your show list showed that in 1996 you saw no shows.  These two facts add up to more than "nothing". 

rowjimmy

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on November 16, 2009, 02:40:27 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on November 16, 2009, 11:02:29 AM
Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on November 15, 2009, 06:41:51 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on November 15, 2009, 06:27:44 PM

My first kid was born in June of 1996.
Otherwise, I'd have done pretty much all of 12/95, 96, 97, etc...

Oh, I thought I'd seen you say something about how you got bored of the band in 1996... I guess sometimes 1 and 1 does equal 3!

Oh, I don't find 96 to be all that great but that's only in looking back to the recordings. I probably would have had a blast and I totally would have been there had I been able. So... You know, perhaps you shouldn't cite things (my reasons for missing shows for example) that you know nothing about.

Maybe, but I don't think there was any harm done.  I take a "no harm, no foul" approach to life.  Regardless of the one piece of evidence that I cited being incorrect, I do think that there was a huge demographic shift in the Phish audience in Summer '95-->Winter '96 that definitely turned a lot of "oldbies" off.  And I obviously knew more than "nothing" about it.  The evidence that I was in actuality citing was that you had said at least slightly derogatory things about '96 before and that your show list showed that in 1996 you saw no shows.  These two facts add up to more than "nothing".

I had also said on many occasions that I stopped seeing shows to be a daddy. I've also said that 12/95 is the best month ever. Does that explain why I stopped seeing shows after 1995/12/15?

You can say whatever you want about demographic shifts, just leave me out of it. Because you clearly don't know shit about me.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Lifeboy

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

Alumni

Quote from: caravan2001 on November 15, 2009, 10:28:49 PM
After I first moved to NYC in '94 and started working full time, I saw less and less shows until 98-99 I started picking back up to around 25/year....95 I saw 20, but 94,96 and 97 were slow years for me.  I only saw 11 shows in 97 which was my lowest besides '90....

Heh. I never hit double digits in my best years. The only thing I can point to is being old. I saw a few shows a year for the better part of a decade, and saw the band through a few different periods. Usually, I'm satisfied with that. Then, every couple years, this thread shows up and reminds me what might have been.  :oops:
:-P
Cause I got a degree

Lifeboy

After NYE, I will be at 15 shows, and that was the goal I set at the beginning of summer (assuming there was going to be a fall tour and new years run). I could've hit way more shows if I didn't have to pay for most of my tuition and housing.
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

sunrisevt

I was thinking I might finally hit double digits for a second time this year--my one double digit year to date being 1992, with the minimum qualifying figure of 10 shows. But no, I'm coming up one short.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

macaronihead

redrum

Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

whatapiper

RJ, where is your list, can't find it
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

khalpin

blatboom

Quote from: khalpin on November 17, 2009, 09:17:40 PM
Quote from: whatapiper on November 17, 2009, 09:12:54 PM
Going out on a limb, I'll guess: http://phish.net/myshows/rowjimmy

I was at all your 2.0 shows RJ... PHeady  :mrgreen:

rowjimmy

blatboom

sophist

Quote from: blatboom on November 17, 2009, 09:30:34 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on November 17, 2009, 09:28:11 PM
Quote from: blatboom on November 17, 2009, 09:25:46 PM
Quote from: khalpin on November 17, 2009, 09:17:40 PM
Quote from: whatapiper on November 17, 2009, 09:12:54 PM
Going out on a limb, I'll guess: http://phish.net/myshows/rowjimmy

I was at all your 2.0 shows RJ... PHeady  :mrgreen:

Another stalker...

I believe the PC term is 'secret admirer'
nothing secret about that "photo development" room in your house brah. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!