News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Best 3.0 Jam Vehicle?

Started by susep, December 11, 2009, 09:21:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

susep

In the early part of 3.0(Hampton/Summer) DwD was definitely leading the pack however after Fall Tour Light has shown ser. improvisational prowess.  I'm going back and re-listening to everything so I don't have a pick as of yet, what about you?

edit - and if you could cite ex. of what you think are peak 3.0 jams.

antelope19

I'm gonna to go with Light.  I listen to the version I saw at Fenway out of Tweezer and then the version from Charlottesville out of Tweezer and they have just shown SO much improvement.  FWIW, I still think the Gorge version is my favorite.  For whatever reason, I have loved this tune from the first second I heard it. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: antelope19 on December 11, 2009, 09:26:44 AM
I'm gonna to go with Light.  I listen to the version I saw at Fenway out of Tweezer and then the version from Charlottesville out of Tweezer and they have just shown SO much improvement.  FWIW, I still think the Gorge version is my favorite.  For whatever reason, I have loved this tune from the first second I heard it.

Definitely think Light is the 3.0 jam vehicle.  I too loved it since Fenway and think the Gorge light was SIIIICK!  Best version EVER!  EVER! 
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

blatboom

other (Wolfman's)

I know they're all short but every they're all hot.

susep

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on December 11, 2009, 09:30:02 AM
Quote from: antelope19 on December 11, 2009, 09:26:44 AM

Definitely think Light is the 3.0 jam vehicle.  I too loved it since Fenway and think the Gorge light was SIIIICK!  Best version EVER!  EVER!

for me the Gorge version is meh, I'm not a big fan of its major/consonant feel although it does compliment the idea of "light", personally I like the 1Nov. Indio version > blast off into outer space, see ya!!!

antelope19

Quote from: blatboom on December 11, 2009, 09:37:47 AM
other (Wolfman's)

Agreed!  Personally, I would sub Wolfman's for Drowned. 

birdman

I'm going to go with Light as well. Just about all the versions have been winners this year,  plus its only in its infancy still. This ones going to go places me thinks.
Paug FTMFW!

gah

My vote is for Light also. Saw it at Fenway, Gorge, and C-ville. Gorge is still my favorite, but that could change after more listens to other ones from the year.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

susep

Quote from: antelope19 on December 11, 2009, 09:44:01 AM
other (Wolfman's)

really?  the few versions of Drowned that I have heard fall into my picks for best shows for ex. 19June and 22Nov.  I think 3.0 Wolfman's have been nicely jammed but other then the 30Oct. version, nothing overtly exploratory.

sophist

How can piper be a jam vehicle when it hasn't gone past 8 minutes ? 

Ghost should be on the list instead of Piper. 

I would of made RnR a choice too. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

antelope19

Quote from: susep73 on December 11, 2009, 10:03:40 AM
Quote from: antelope19 on December 11, 2009, 09:44:01 AM
other (Wolfman's)

really?  the few versions of Drowned that I have heard fall into my picks for best shows for ex. 19June and 22Nov.  I think 3.0 Wolfman's have been nicely jammed but other then the 30Oct. version, nothing overtly exploratory.

I'm certainly not trying to change your poll, It's just like, my opinion maaaan.   :-D 

susep

Quote from: Sophist on December 11, 2009, 10:04:38 AM

agreed on Ghost being an option hence other?  Piper jams may have been short but still very jammy imo.

sophist

Quote from: susep73 on December 11, 2009, 10:07:49 AM
Quote from: Sophist on December 11, 2009, 10:04:38 AM

agreed on Ghost being an option hence other?  Piper jams may have been short but still very jammy imo.
I voted for Light. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

thatfargone

Has to be Light.  Only song that was jammed each time and brought something new every time it was played.  Gorge is my favorite due to the calypso jam...just has a purity I haven't heard in a long time.  2nd favorite is the Cville one, I feel the jam towards the end is a huge sign of things to come and a clear indication where their jam structure is heading.
Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

antelope19