News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

best Phantom Menace review of all time

Started by cactusfan, December 18, 2009, 04:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cactusfan

this is so good i actually watched all of it.
there are seven 10 minute sections to this, the most hilarious and devastating video review of a movie i've ever seen. he just completely nails everything about why Phantom Menace is such a total disaster of a movie.

there are a few somewhat odd and tangential bits about hookers and basements, but somehow that's okay, too.

at least watch the first section... it's so worth it.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/12/17/watch-this-70-minute-video-review-of-star-wars-the-phantom-menace/

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

blatboom

can't wait to check this out.  I wish I could unsee all three prequels.

thatfargone

Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

blatboom

fauxpaxfauxreal

Holy shit.  That was genius.  He's so right too.  The whole time shit was going on in the phantom menace all I could think was "what in the hell is the point of all this shit?"  Nothing made any kind of fucking sense.

blatboom

Quote from: cactusfan on December 18, 2009, 04:57:10 PM
this is so good i actually watched all of it.
there are seven 10 minute sections to this, the most hilarious and devastating video review of a movie i've ever seen. he just completely nails everything about why Phantom Menace is such a total disaster of a movie.

there are a few somewhat odd and tangential bits about hookers and basements, but somehow that's okay, too.

at least watch the first section... it's so worth it.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/12/17/watch-this-70-minute-video-review-of-star-wars-the-phantom-menace/

just finished the second one and this guy is killing me.  what a disaster these movies were

fauxpaxfauxreal

Oh it gets better blatboom.  The lulz abound.

blatboom

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on December 19, 2009, 12:34:51 PM
Oh it gets better blatboom.  The lulz abound.

oh I believe it.  on part 4 now

"and although they are a peaceful people with no army, this asshole seems to be an expert on the process of planetary invasion"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

fauxpaxfauxreal

I love it when he's talking about the trade blockade...

...I don't remember specifically but he's like (parpaphrase) "With a lush green planet like Naboo, what kind of space supplies could they possibly need that three days after a trade blockade is set up this is a horrible problem"  "also, if they are going to force queen amidala to sign the treaty, why don't they just do this shit without her signature?"  and "it's a trade blockade, the purpose is to stop ships from getting through....the qui gon is just going to fly right through there?"  also "how the hell did they hit the shield generator if the shields were up?"  and "oh, once they get the shields up, the ships just stop firing at them?"  and "is this a game that the queen and her handservant play?  like hahaha i'll order you to clean the dirty droid when i'm queen and then when you're queen you'll order me to die for the good of the naboo?"

man the movie is so damn funny.

blatboom

"wait.. why is there a child-size helmet and goggles in the ship?"

cactusfan

i also love how every now and then, totally frustrated, he just throws out lucas' favorite answer to all critics: "this is a movie for children." at which point he cuts to a photo of kids watching tv on which is playing one of the many scenes of the "we must arrange a vote regarding the trade blockade and the new tax to force blah blah" because yeah, right, this is exactly what kids are interested in.

blatboom

I love how he half-asses pronouncing Queen Amidala so it comes out "Queen Amidalmhh"

really there's no end to the number of funny one-liners and recurring themes this guy uses.  it's genius.

"Gungans.  Goongans.  Gungans.  Goongans"

fauxpaxfauxreal

I loved it when he started calling qui gon "Ginny".  Every time that happened, I lost it.

Hicks

Who wants pizza rolls. . . who's been fucking with my medication?
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.