News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Anything cromulent that embiggens you! anything Simpsons thread

Started by justjezmund, January 07, 2010, 02:33:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Lifeboy

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

zimbra

"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Lifeboy

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

VDB

Quote from: Lifeboy on October 04, 2011, 07:25:20 PM
:cry:

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni16230463/

QuoteThe Simpsons is as creatively vibrant as ever

So, I have to admit I haven't watched a new Simpsons episode in I don't know how long -- I remember thinking the show sucked 10, 12 years ago -- but this news really doesn't disturb me at all.

Am I missing out on something? Is The Simpsons miraculously good again?

I'll probably catch the Treehouse of Horror episode this year as I try to watch those at least.
Is this still Wombat?

khalpin

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on October 05, 2011, 12:29:28 PM
Quote from: Lifeboy on October 04, 2011, 07:25:20 PM
:cry:

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni16230463/

QuoteThe Simpsons is as creatively vibrant as ever

So, I have to admit I haven't watched a new Simpsons episode in I don't know how long -- I remember thinking the show sucked 10, 12 years ago -- but this news really doesn't disturb me at all.

Am I missing out on something? Is The Simpsons miraculously good again?

I'll probably catch the Treehouse of Horror episode this year as I try to watch those at least.
Agreed.  After 2 or 3 seasons in a row where I would only laugh out loud maybe once every other episode, I gave up on The Simpsons.  Writers change, though.  I suppose it could have become funny again, but I have my doubts.

VDB

I did, however, enjoy the Simpsons movie. It had a few lousy jokes that would have been right at home in an episode from the past several years, but also plenty of genuine Simpsons-worthy humor. All the heavy hitters from the series' past worked on the script. I'd be happier if they'd cancel the series and just release a new movie every few years that they actually took the time to work hard on.
Is this still Wombat?

Lifeboy

It's definitely not even close to being as funny as it once was. Seasons 4 and 5 were the funniest imo.

But I still love the show. I do still get a few laughs out of the new episodes, and I would never want the show to end.

zimbra

Quote from: Lifeboy on October 05, 2011, 02:22:21 PM
It's definitely not even close to being as funny as it once was. Seasons 4 and 5 were the funniest imo.

But I still love the show. I do still get a few laughs out of the new episodes, and I would never want the show to end.

Our  Simpson coma was awesome !
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Lifeboy

cyndi

"Far away from you."

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

phil

Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

justjezmund

simpsons may not be as funny but imagine your life without it, that would suck.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

mistercharlie

Has anyone else played The Simpsons Tapped Out for iOS devices yet? It had some server issues upon start up and got temporarily pulled from the app store, but if you downloaded it before it got pulled you are still able to play it. I grabbed it and it's a pretty fun little game to flip on once or twice a day for a few minutes to grow your Springfield.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-S3VQVWnac&feature=related

And here's the opening video to the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPjsMFXOOC4&feature=related

After that you rebuild Springfield from scratch.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens.