News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Phish 4.0

Started by VA $l!m, January 22, 2010, 06:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superfreakie

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on February 02, 2010, 04:27:11 PM
Quote from: VA slim on February 02, 2010, 12:01:34 PM
i knew there was a reason i didnt lock this thread two pages back!  :-)

Plus, Superfreakie's back! we gotta know what he thinks about all of this!  :crazy:

You're all fucked  :wink:

Actually, I haven't taken a concerted listen to the new year's run yet. Probably tomorrow.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

VA $l!m

Quote from: postjack on February 02, 2010, 04:53:23 PM
isn't the whole 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 thing related to hiatus and then breakup, respectively, and not quality of live perfomance? did somebody already say this in this thread?

I'll tell you this, I expected 3.0 to develop into a slower, spacier extension of 2.0, but instead is all about the slawppy rawk.  which while cool in itself still feels more transitional then anything.

:roll: :roll:

let it go bro. it was all a bad joke. that noone got. :shakehead:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

postjack

Quote from: VA slim on February 03, 2010, 08:10:15 AM
isn't the whole 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 thing related to hiatus and then breakup, respectively, and not quality of live perfomance? did somebody already say this in this thread?

I'll tell you this, I expected 3.0 to develop into a slower, spacier extension of 2.0, but instead is all about the slawppy rawk.  which while cool in itself still feels more transitional then anything.

yeah, i don't understand.
Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

sophist

Quote from: postjack on February 03, 2010, 08:16:49 AM

Start reading here.
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

postjack

Quote from: sophist on February 03, 2010, 08:20:34 AM

Start reading here.

3.0 sux?
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

mattstick

So is anyone still listening to Miami?

I've been rocking Deer Creek & Camden > IT 03 more than anything lately.

VA $l!m

Quote from: mattstick on February 03, 2010, 08:55:52 AM

PNC '00 here.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Mr Minor

Quote from: mattstick on February 03, 2010, 08:55:52 AM

Recently gave Red Rocks another listen and going to check out the Cincy weekend one more time.  And then it's on to the past starting in '93 and working my way forward...

sophist

Quote from: postjack on February 03, 2010, 08:45:47 AM

Start reading here.

3.0 sux?
Dude.  We have been calling it 3.0 because it is the come back era.  Since Hampton there has been an ongoing joke/discussion here about what is next (i.e. like a 3.1 or 3.05, etc), in other words the next evolution of Phish.  Slim decided to take that concept and make a joke out of it, thus the "4.0" label.  As in Miami was the turning point in their evolution. 

It was a joke, and a funny one.  Slim, I laughed, and enjoyed it. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

mattstick

It seems like a pretty SER post, I didn't get the "joke" vibe at all.

PNC 00, next vid release?

postjack

Quote from: sophist on February 03, 2010, 09:24:48 AM

Start reading here.

3.0 sux?
Dude.  We have been calling it 3.0 because it is the come back era.  Since Hampton there has been an ongoing joke/discussion here about what is next (i.e. like a 3.1 or 3.05, etc), in other words the next evolution of Phish.  Slim decided to take that concept and make a joke out of it, thus the "4.0" label.  As in Miami was the turning point in their evolution. 

sometimes the only snack that will really scratch the snack itch is shredded cheese on tortilla chips thrown in the microwave and heated up and eaten. it is easy to prepare this healthy snack. sharing is NOT recommended.

WHAT YOU'LL NEED:

1) shredded cheese, preferably finely shredded, cheap from wal-mart. get the cheese thats like fiesta cheese or mexicali cheese, it feels more festive and more latino.

2) tortilla chips. the wal-mart brand is like 1/3rd the price of tostitos and it tastes better

WHAT YOU'LL DO

1) arrange chips on a plate and sprinkle cheese on the chips. not too much! just a good even layer over all the chips. heat in microwave for about 30 seconds. you want some of the cheese good and bubbly but not all of it will be bubbly. don't worry this is normal. eat these chips and enjoy!

sophist

Quote from: postjack on February 03, 2010, 10:40:47 AM

Start reading here.

3.0 sux?

sometimes the only snack that will really scratch the snack itch is shredded cheese on tortilla chips thrown in the microwave and heated up and eaten. it is easy to prepare this healthy snack. sharing is NOT recommended.

WHAT YOU'LL NEED:

1) shredded cheese, preferably finely shredded, cheap from wal-mart. get the cheese thats like fiesta cheese or mexicali cheese, it feels more festive and more latino.

2) tortilla chips. the wal-mart brand is like 1/3rd the price of tostitos and it tastes better

WHAT YOU'LL DO

1) arrange chips on a plate and sprinkle cheese on the chips. not too much! just a good even layer over all the chips. heat in microwave for about 30 seconds. you want some of the cheese good and bubbly but not all of it will be bubbly. don't worry this is normal. eat these chips and enjoy!
:?

kellerb

Quote from: postjack on February 03, 2010, 10:40:47 AM

Start reading here.

3.0 sux?

WHAT YOU'LL NEED:

WHAT YOU'LL DO

This is nonsense.  I demand the ability to control cheese/chip ratio on a real-time basis, preferably via some form of "Dipping" the chips one-by-one into cheese.  If necessary, heating the cheese in a container, or "bowl," will contain spills and avoid the potential to soil your microwave

Your opinion is wrong!   :evil:

mattstick

a new era for nachoes?

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.