News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Hot Deals!!! Storage, Blank Media, etc...

Started by ucusty, August 08, 2005, 01:03:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbwoellert41

Picked up a WD 1.5 TB external from Best Buy for $129.99.  In-store has them for $139.99 but they'll match their in-store price for the web price...

Mike W.
Mike Woellert
Trades:  db.etree.org/Mike_Woellert

Superfreakie

Quote from: mbwoellert41 on February 05, 2010, 11:28:22 PM
Picked up a WD 1.5 TB external from Best Buy for $129.99.  In-store has them for $139.99 but they'll match their in-store price for the web price...

Mike W.

snagged a 2 TB WD from Best Buy not too long ago. LOVE IT. My 30th external. woohoo!!!
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

mbwoellert41

Quote from: Superfreakie on February 06, 2010, 12:01:36 AM

snagged a 2 TB WD from Best Buy not too long ago. LOVE IT. My 30th external. woohoo!!!

Wow!  I thought I was crazy with my 6th.....

Mike
Mike Woellert
Trades:  db.etree.org/Mike_Woellert

Superfreakie

Quote from: mbwoellert41 on February 06, 2010, 12:44:55 AM
Quote from: Superfreakie on February 06, 2010, 12:01:36 AM

Wow!  I thought I was crazy with my 6th.....

Mike

I have a serious problem  :-D But acceptance is one of the first steps.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Marmar

if anyone needs a new monitor, BestBuy has a 22" widescreen Hanspree (AOC) LCD monitor for $139......not a bad deal...DVI and Analog inputs, and a USB port taboot.....full HD....
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

Superfreakie

Just picked up one of the new WD ultra portable passport 750 gig mini external hard drives (160$ cdn.). SICK. SICK. SICK. So small it doesn't make sense. Without needing a power source as it is powered through the usb. Anyway, it is smaller than a pack of cigarettes.....AND HOLDS 750 GIGS. Check out the pics I just took of it:

whyweigh5.0

I am filling up one of those with more Phish right now :mrgreen:

And talking about small storage.  I was looking at thumb drives yesterday and I can't believe how much they hold nowadays.  Tiny thumb drives that can store 60GB..  :-o
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

Undermind

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

G. Augusto

alcoholandcoffeebeans

honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

shoreline99

Woot today. Anyone ever try one of these? Seems pretty cheap.

Cradlepoint PHS300 Personal Portable WiFi Hotspot
$99.99

* + $5 shipping

Condition:
    New
Product:
    1 Cradlepoint PHS300 Personal Portable WiFi (802.11 b/g) Hotspot 3G

Warranty: 1 Year Cradlepoint

Features:

* Plug 'n' play solution that creates a powerful 3G WiFi network almost anywhere
    * Connect all your WiFi enabled devices by simply plugging in your activated USB data modem
    * Li Ion battery provides hours of access when no power outlets are in sight
    * Use with USB-Style Cellular Modem, or Phone with Data Tethering Capability
    * Compatible with HSPA and EVDO Cellular Network Devices
    * Universal Plug-n-Play and ALGs support for Internet Applications: Email, FTP, Gaming, Remote Desktop, NetMeeting, Telnet, SSH, And SCP
    * Flash Memory for Firmware Upgrade, Save/Restore Settings
    * Easy Management via HTTP
    * Networking Compliance with IEEE 802.11 b/g Standards
    * Compliant with Windows 98SE/NT/2000/XP/Server 2003/Linux/Mac OS

List of compatible phones, etc: http://sale.images.woot.com/PHS300_Compatibility.rtf

Spec Sheet:

http://www.woot.com/
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

antelope19

I'm ISO a new external drive.  I've been pretty damn happy with my Maxtor, but it's full.  I know Maxtor and Seagate are generally reliable, but does anyone else prefer other brands? 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Superfreakie

Quote from: antelope19 on March 01, 2010, 11:11:24 AM
I'm ISO a new external drive.  I've been pretty damn happy with my Maxtor, but it's full.  I know Maxtor and Seagate are generally reliable, but does anyone else prefer other brands?

Western Digital. I have 30 externals, all different types and sizes and have never had one fail (actually I had one problem but it was caused when I kicked over the drive, I was however able to recover all data). I started buying drives around five years ago. WD have many different types, I tend to buy the cheapest. Now they have these mini-passport drives that are USB powered with your PC or whatever source you are plugging them into. They have them in 1TB size, they are cheap, portable (not needing power outlet) and ridiculously small. See my post above for photos....

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: Superfreakie on March 01, 2010, 12:59:39 PM
Quote from: antelope19 on March 01, 2010, 11:11:24 AM

Western Digital. I have 30 externals, all different types and sizes and have never had one fail (actually I had one problem but it was caused when I kicked over the drive, I was however able to recover all data). I started buying drives around five years ago. WD have many different types, I tend to buy the cheapest. Now they have these mini-passport drives that are USB powered with your PC or whatever source you are plugging them into. They have them in 1TB size, they are cheap, portable (not needing power outlet) and ridiculously small. See my post above for photos....

i like WD, too...

go two here at my place... a 500 MB and a 1 TB... both fair well here.
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

whyweigh5.0

I go with Western Digital too.  Just put a 250gig WD drive inside my macbook the night before last

Running like a champ now :beers:
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/