News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

"Phone it in Friday" @ work

Started by mattstick, April 23, 2010, 09:23:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VDB

Had to drop a coworker off at the airport this morning. Driving toward the office I realized my barbershop was on the way, and I'd been meaning to get a haircut... so here I am, finally, slightly hungover but with a nice fresh 'do.  8-)
Is this still Wombat?

mattstick

Dudes, it's Thursday and I've started phoning it in!

Thanksgiving this weekend, phones are dead and I'm caught up on my paperwork...

Now if someone would fire up the Scrabble machine, I'd get even less done.

PIE-GUY

It is my Friday as tomorrow I'm off for ACL!!!

Unfortunately, I have a buttload of things I have to get done today!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

qop24

Quote from: PIE-GUY on October 07, 2010, 11:59:38 AM
It is my Friday as tomorrow I'm off for ACL!!!

Unfortunately, I have a buttload of things I have to get done today!

keep your eye on the prize, you get phish before a bunch of us  :-)
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 14, 2011, 11:26:55 PM
Trey actually is totally inspired with ideas up the ass

Quote from: kellerb on July 06, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
When you're on droogz you don't remember which eye's supposed to be lazy

mistercharlie

Ring Ring Bitches.

I'm drunk, so I'm going to be plenty hungover for 'work' tomorrow. My plan for the morning is to get up, shower, drink a cup of coffee or two, smoke a bowl, buy a gatorade (to replenish my electrolytes) and get to work just in time to watch everyone else work. Then when the work day is over, get home, smoke some more, drink some more and LST it up while listening to robo sharts!!!  :music:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

qop24

Quote from: mistercharlie on October 08, 2010, 12:06:03 AM
Ring Ring Bitches.

I'm drunk, so I'm going to be plenty hungover for 'work' tomorrow. My plan for the morning is to get up, shower, drink a cup of coffee or two, smoke a bowl, buy a gatorade (to replenish my electrolytes) and get to work just in time to watch everyone else work. Then when the work day is over, get home, smoke some more, drink some more and LST it up while listening to robo sharts!!!  :music:

sounds about right

8 hours to go for me...

mattstick

I think I'm beyond phoning it in now... I'm literally not working while at work.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mattstick on October 08, 2010, 10:04:12 AM

I think I'm beyond phoning it in now... I'm literally not working while at work.
I thought that's what 'phoning it in' meant.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mattstick

Maybe, but it feels different today.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mattstick on October 08, 2010, 10:10:07 AM

Maybe, but it feels different today.
Well, enjoy then.  Not that this is the proper thread but what do you think about Burke's decision to send Kadri down to the minors?  Nice to see them start the season with a win instead of their start to last season.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mattstick

It's fine, no rush on Kadri.  The media made it into a bigger deal than it should be.

He will come up in a few weeks and be hungry, then win the Calder.

Buffalo Budd

Not so sure about the Calder, I'm gonna give that to Eberle.
I did feel it was a bit hasty sending him down to the minors though, especially given that last preseason game performance.  Something like that could really hurt a kids confidence although he seems to be taking it in stride.  And yeah, the media totally blew it out of proportion.

I'm gonna go ahead and say it though, Toronto will make the playoffs this year.

rowjimmy

What the hell are you guys talking about? You're gonna make me want to work rather than try to understand that crazy foreign blathering.

Me, I'm trying not to do shit but the office is conspiring against me.

sophist

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

qop24

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 08, 2010, 10:43:05 AM
What the hell are you guys talking about? You're gonna make me want to work rather than try to understand that crazy foreign blathering.

i'm too tired to bother even thinking about figuring it out