News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Muse?

Started by Gumbo72203, April 26, 2010, 11:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gumbo72203

Hey guys,
I'm not sure if any of you are into Muse, but I thought I'd give it a shot.  My only experience with this band was when I saw them open for the Red Hot Chilli Peppers when I was in 7th or 8th grade.  I graduated HS in 2004, so this would make it like...  98/99 or 99/00.

Anyway, I'd always meant to check them out after that, because it was some seriously twisted music, and I just have this mental image of the guitarist/singer holding his guitar up in the air to the side, like with his left (fretting) arm fully extended, and llike swirling and spinning around.  And the music matched his antics... 

Anyway, I'd always wanted to find out what songs they played...    so, do any of you know the band enough to figure what I'd have likely heard?

I mean, I'm almost 100% positive I wont remember/recognize any of it, but I might...  the feelings it instilled in me remain, so who knows.

Anyone?
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Hicks

Starlight is their biggest hit. 

Knights of Cydonia is another one

Their live show seriously kills it.   When I saw them last week at Coachella they threw in Rage Against the Machine, Hendrix, Nirvana and Star Spangled Banner jams between songs.

This is their current stage set up:

But in 99 they only had one album:  Showbiz.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Gumbo72203

Holy shit I definitely saw "Sunburn". 

Is it horrible I just downloaded their whole discography?   Yeahhhhhhh man this shit hot!!

I seriously just watched the video for "Supermassive Black Hole" like 9 times.  That song is so infectious.  Holy shit.  Wow.

%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

mistercharlie

I really dig Muse. I was hooked the first time I heard Knights of Cydonia a few years back.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

They were awesome when they were called "Queen".

Mr Minor

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 27, 2010, 09:14:06 AM

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

mistercharlie

Even though this thread died a quick death, there is something to talk about.

Has anyone else listened to the new Origins of Muse anthology? It's a 9 disc set of demos, b-sides, live versions and instrumental versions of both Showbiz and Origin of Symmetry. It's pretty fuckin' awesome! Especially the B-sides.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mopper_smurf

I saw Queen. The ons with the curly hair played a damn fine guitar. And their singer knew his showbizz antics besides his impressive vocal range.

I gave Muse a shot, but it's not my cup of tea.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Gumbo72203

Wow.  9 year old thread......  this is interesting.  It's weird to think back to where I was when I wrote all this.  I had a completely differently life.  100% different.  Unreal. 

Anyway, I still need to dig into that Showbiz album because even though I apparently downloaded the whole discography back then, I know none of it today haha.  Drugs are bad. 

Supermassive Black Hole still fucks hard though. 

VA $l!m

heh i had a friend try to get me to listen to this band recently.

meh
my 1st thought was a bad pop depeche mode, but idk
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

rowjimmy

I stand by this post.

mistercharlie

Quote from: rowjimmy on January 02, 2020, 09:27:30 AM
I stand by this post.

They are more of a Queen/Radiohead hybrid.

rowjimmy

Quote from: mistercharlie on January 02, 2020, 09:38:36 AM
I stand by this post.

You've convinced me to never listen to another note.

mistercharlie

Quote from: rowjimmy on January 02, 2020, 09:40:31 AM
I stand by this post.

mopper_smurf

Quote from: mistercharlie on January 02, 2020, 10:20:46 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on January 02, 2020, 09:40:31 AM
I stand by this post.

My so thinks Muse is kinda meh. She loves Radiohead. And shevkeepa telling people they need to the early Queen albums. No wonder I love her.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy