News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Not Psyched?

Started by rowjimmy, April 27, 2010, 09:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

It's probably just me but... is anyone out there not fully psyched for Phish shows?

I suppose if they didn't happen at all I'd be disappointed but I'm having a hell of a hard time getting psyched about using vacation days and credit with my wife.

I'm just not excited to see them.

I've already scaled back from my original intent to see five shows to only two. (Still have a pair Camden(1) Lawns for sale. Cheap!) Now I'm thinking of skipping Portsmouth because two vacation days for one Phish show seems a bit 'much'.

Other symptoms include:
No interest in listening to previous recordings of the Phish rock group
Looking longingly at other bands' tourdates
Random urges to 'dump' tickets

Thoughts?
Prescriptions?
Condemnations?

UncleEbinezer

I can understand and appreciate your situation as I am in the same boat.  Burning vacation time is a tough thing to do.  I just have to believe that they'll be stepping it up this summer.  I just have to.  Otherwise, I'd be in the exact same boat you are in. 

But whatever you do, don't bail on P-town.  Try to find a way to only use 1 day, but even if it is 2, it will be a fun time even excluding the Phish, it will be fun.
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

blatboom

I'm moderately stoked but I am seriously considering passing on MPP because it's not fiscally responsible.

mattstick

I'm only using vacation days to take my girlfriend out to Colorado for a week and see Telluride.

I feel like I'm going to SPAC and CMAC out of habit more than anything else.

I'm still disappointed there wasn't any progression/growth after Festival 8.

Mr Minor

Quote from: blatboom on April 27, 2010, 10:03:37 AM
I'm moderately stoked but I am seriously considering passing on MPP because it's not fiscally responsible.

This is my main reason for not hitting shows as much as I would like.  Fortunately for me, vacation time for summer tour isn't an issue due to no school, but I can totally understand the dilemma.  For me it's also spending a ton of cash to go away for a couple days and not having it be a family vacation sort of situation.  Maybe I am getting old, but spending a ton of money on a Phish show sounds like fun, but in reality, it's not the best solution for my family.

blatboom

the shows are a lot of fun but for me there's been little replay value

sophist

Doses and kitty cats is the answer to the problem. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

mehead

Quote from: blatboom on April 27, 2010, 10:09:09 AM

well put
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

WhatstheUse?

this thread makes me  :cry: ........ I gtg to work, but when I get back I'm going to have to have a talk with you boys....
Bring in the dude!

rowjimmy

Portsmouth promises to be lots of fun, even if there were no music but...

Quote from: Mr Minor on April 27, 2010, 10:08:53 AM
For me it's also spending a ton of cash to go away for a couple days and not having it be a family vacation sort of situation. 

I'm in a similar spot. Although it's less about the cash than the vacation time (it's somewhat about the cash.) Those two days could be used for long weekends away with the family.

Igbo

See for me i'm having the exact opposite reaction. I'm stoked. I never listen to  :phish: all that often at home.  I dont download shows and pour over each one incessantly. (no diss to those of you that do, i know im in the minority here on the paug.) For those of you that know me, if its not on vinyl i dont really listen to it. Maybe because of this i'm less critical or jaded of the music, i dont know.

So for me to go to shows, its actually really refreshing. Hear and see the band, see friends, and just rock out.

Money and vacation time granted. But you know when it gets closer, a few of you will change your tune.

whyweigh5.0

The excitement is there, but not like it used to be.  It's mostly because of financial worries... more than anything else.  I'm stoked to go to Telluride.  I've never been able to see Colorado.  I've been to Denver but only for a transfer to another flight, I never left the airport.  And I am excited for the Greek because it's the Greek.  I have never been there either and can not wait to see that place.  But I can't help but think that I would be just as excited for another band playing those same places.  I am really hoping that we see some primo phish this summer
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

khalpin

Quote from: mehead on April 27, 2010, 10:20:25 AM
Quote from: blatboom on April 27, 2010, 10:09:09 AM

well put
Yes, the shows have been a blast, but then I'll listen to it afterwards maybe once or twice and that's it.

whyweigh5.0

Quote from: Igbo on April 27, 2010, 10:22:01 AM
See for me i'm having the exact opposite reaction. I'm stoked. I never listen to  :phish: all that often at home.  I dont download shows and pour over each one incessantly. (no diss to those of you that do, i know im in the minority here on the paug.) For those of you that know me, if its not on vinyl i dont really listen to it. Maybe because of this i'm less critical or jaded of the music, i dont know.

So for me to go to shows, its actually really refreshing. Hear and see the band, see friends, and just rock out.

Money and vacation time granted. But you know when it gets closer, a few of you will change your tune.

I find myself listening to less and less live music lately.  I barely ever listen to it at home anymore, including phish and gd
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

blatboom

Quote from: whyweigh4.5 on April 27, 2010, 10:29:24 AM
Quote from: Igbo on April 27, 2010, 10:22:01 AM

I find myself listening to less and less live music lately.  I barely ever listen to it at home anymore, including phish and gd

that's kinda where I'm at right now.