News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Re: 05/13 - Jimmy Fallon Show - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by redrum, May 14, 2010, 02:33:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redrum

just watched.

i was excited for it, & thought it was great. good camera work too.
as blat said, they did pretty much nail it.
and i'm going to nail karisa when i see her in chicago (and then again in philly).
keith was a cool surprise. what a pimp.

oh what am i late to this epic set list thread party?
guys?.......guys?...........hello?
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

:|

i always miss these dope parties.

f'ing school.
thankfully, I'M DONE!!!! (as of 15 minutes ago, when i finished my past paper :) )
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

Superfreakie

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on May 14, 2010, 03:47:21 AM
:|

i always miss these dope parties.

f'ing school.
thankfully, I'M DONE!!!! (as of 15 minutes ago, when i finished my past paper :) )

congrats. I have been writing a paper/policy for the last year and a half and am putting the final touches on it over the next two weeks. Can't wait to finish. Might go back to living normal day time hours.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

emay

justjezmund

fell asleep but just watched it now.  glad i didnt get band bench for this.  if i had to stand next to that extravagant mets fan with his arms a flailing in a small area it woulda been worse than the lawn at SPAC :-P  they nailed it though
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

Buffalo Budd

Man they sounded tight.  I mean, it's not like we expected more than the typical 3-4 minute song.  I think anyone who wasn't a Phanner would have enjoyed that.  Way to go  :phish:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mistercharlie

:shakehead:

I set my dvr to record it so I could watch it this morning. And I went to the Guide and found Jimmy Fallon, it even said Phish was the guest, I then found the HD version of that channel and set it to record on there. When I get up this morning the one that played on the HD channel wasn't the one with Phish!!!! I get Betty White and Oliver Platt!!! So fuckin' pissed!!!!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

edit: hulu removed it.

mistercharlie

I just got done watching it on Youtube! Great playing by Trey and Page, but what's new for a Loving Cup.

Trey's rockin' the start of a healthy mullet though.  :evil:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Hicks

That little wookette at stage center was really going for it!

They did indeed nail it, but I wouldn't expect anything less considering it's a relatively straight forward song that they've played about 100 times.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

blatboom

yeah but a lot of times they come off sounding flat.  I thought they sounded great last night

Hicks

Quote from: blatboom on May 14, 2010, 11:19:29 AM
yeah but a lot of times they come off sounding flat.  I thought they sounded great last night

Don't get me wrong I enjoyed it, but I don't think it was trouser tent worthy or anything.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

postjack

a solid performance that brought me some joy this morning before work. nice shreddage, fishman was on, page looked happy, mike was mike. got me pretty pumped to see Trey this Sunday.

would love to have heard more of the Phish/Roots callabo.

this was my first time watching Fallon, it was fairly entertaining.
Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

blatboom

Quote from: Hicks on May 14, 2010, 12:34:41 PM
Quote from: blatboom on May 14, 2010, 11:19:29 AM

Don't get me wrong I enjoyed it, but I don't think it was trouser tent worthy or anything.

naw.  Trey's new haircut on the other hand...

mattstick

I thought it was hot, Trey ripped the solo.

The dude sitting behind the band who was too heady to take off his shades?  Not as awesome.