News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/18 - The Comcast Theatre - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Poster Nutbag, June 19, 2010, 12:10:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mehead

Quote from: McGrupp on June 19, 2010, 04:02:18 PM
Quote from: Alumni on June 19, 2010, 03:58:27 PM
Quote from: McGrupp on June 19, 2010, 03:34:52 PM
edit to add: Dude is DEF fucked up. He was FLYING last night!

un-shopped version

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

That makes page's face all the the more humorous
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Undermind

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

postjack

this second twiprise is one of the greatest things i've ever heard.
Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

shoreline99

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

postjack

Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

shoreline99

Quote from: postjack on June 20, 2010, 04:55:20 PM

It was amazing. Don't listen to the haterz. Again, Hartford delivers with the energy...

Wish I could have been at SPAC for 4 tweeprises in like 24 hours...

Undermind

Quote from: shoreline99 on June 20, 2010, 05:08:18 PM
Quote from: postjack on June 20, 2010, 04:55:20 PM

It was amazing. Don't listen to the haterz. Again, Hartford delivers with the energy...

Wish I could have been at SPAC for 4 tweeprises in like 24 hours...

Hartford energy was amazing for both shows. 
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

VDB

Definitely looks like it was a lot of fun... I can see how if you just listened to the tapes, the flubbery in the second Tweeprise would be puzzling/disappointing. But not a big deal in the video, says I.

Is this still Wombat?

Igbo

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on June 20, 2010, 08:46:19 PM
Definitely looks like it was a lot of fun... I can see how if you just listened to the tapes, the flubbery in the second Tweeprise would be puzzling/disappointing. But not a big deal in the video, says I.

Damn!!! Trey is loving it!!!

Alumni

And I.

That 'dead' spot in the 2nd tweeprise is Trey tripping on his cord and trying not to faceplant. You gotta give him that one.  :-D
Cause I got a degree

gah

Quote from: Igbo on June 21, 2010, 11:56:28 AM

Damn!!! Trey is loving it!!!

which might explainwhy they then decided to do it twice more over the next 24 hours. I was thinking, maybe he just wants needs to have some fun and loosen up, and this is how he did it.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Gumbo72203

Quote from: Alumni on June 19, 2010, 11:31:34 AM
It's time to give Reba the Divided Sky treatment. Memorize it. Ask Shapiro for a tape with a nice sounding Reba that isn't too over-the-top-difficult and learn it. Or put it on the shelf. Either way. Just stop f---ing with my Reba. I don't want to hear it for old times' sake. I want to hear it because it's pretty.

*sigh*

edit:

I'm not breaking out the haterade. This was a nice show. This is probably all on me. The head knows that its old favorite song is the new shitbreak, but the heart just won't listen...

I'll see your Reba, and raise you a Mike's Song and Prince Caspian.
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

khalpin

I
Fee - Nice opener
Rift - A bit flawed, but okay
Wolfman's Brah - Good stuff
Summer of '89 - I like the crowd's response to Trey singing about the Summer of '95
Foam - Yes, more like this please.  Thumbs up!
Possum - Nice
Moma - Solid.
Julius - Trey forgets how to end it....twice.
Reba - Looks like they've got the composed section down nicely.  That makes me happy.  Good, but not great jam.
Cavern - To close it out.

Not a bad first set.

II
Halley's - Solid, with a quick solo and right into:
Light - One of the better 3.0 tunes.  Nice jam.
Billy Breathes - Didn't see that one coming.  A bit of a different arrangement.  Not my favorite, but since it's a rarity (kickdown?), I can dig it.
Tweezer - Slap-happy Mike!  Trey adds the delay pedal to his whale calling.  Double your whale!  Nothing really notworthy here.  3.0 noodling.
Theme - Trey abandons the ascending run and just starts his solo instead.  Otherwise an okay version.
Harry Hood - A bit of a struggle at the end of the composed section.  The jam isn't out of the ordinary.
Velvet Sea - was waded in
Stealing Time - To close out the set?
Sleeping Monkey - We're an all-request band.  Love it.  "This if for you guy with the sign!"
Tweeprise x2 - Pretty hilarious actually.  Must've been a blast to have been there for.

Love the encore.  Otherwise it's not exactly chock full of highlights.

shoreline99

Quote from: khalpin on June 22, 2010, 11:05:03 AM
Trey adds the delay pedal to his whale calling.  Double your whale! 

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard