News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

RIP Manute Bol

Started by walfredo10, June 19, 2010, 03:56:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walfredo10

mistercharlie

RIP

Always think of this cover when I think of him
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

MiamiPhish

Damn!  RIP... no more hockey or boxing for him :(

mehead

saw him play in the first NBA game that I went to was a playoff game between the Bullets and the Sixers - think it was '85..

RIP
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

Caravan2001

bummer....I saw him play in college when he first came over...he was playing in CT for the local college near where I grew up...He could barely play. I think he broke 2 teeth on his first attempted dunk!  I remember watching him sit on the bench and his knees came up to his shoulder....

Lifeboy

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

guyforget

wow, rip

i saw him in person a couple of times at least

i was 13 in '92 when i was a ballboy for the charlotte hornets (lol)

i remember watching him drain 3's flatfooted all afternoon before one game.  standing behind him while he sat on the bench i was just amazed at how huge he was, it was nuts. 
-AD_

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

gah

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.