News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/24 - Susquehanna Bank Center - Camden, NJ - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Play_It_Leo, June 25, 2010, 12:05:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

just poped this on.

man, im sorta fallng in luv with STFTFP this summer ... its s catchy tune for sho
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

VA $l!m

so far the vibe/feeling im getting from this show is similar to p-mouth

Alumni

Quote from: mattstick on June 25, 2010, 03:14:35 PM

I've listened to Reba, the first minute or two of The Rover, and the transition from DWD > Crosseyed, do I need to hear anything else?

Last half hour or so of set 2 is some of the most WC-free playing from Trey this summer...WUDMTF segment of YEM is amusing. After the first "Let's Go Flyers" chant, Trey almost loses it...And I'd probably try to un-hear Reba.
Cause I got a degree

G. Augusto

Undermind

I'm not sure I'll be around all night tonight, so I'm not going to start a Set list thread but YEMblog reports that they are soundchecking Halfway to the Moon.
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

mattstick

G. Augusto

cactusfan

mistercharlie

I:

Bowie - Nice opener. Trey whales his way through a decent jam
Faulty Plan - Kinda average, but I really dig this song so that's OK.
WITS - Fun version. Lyrical flubs make it funny. Fish is on.
Ocelot - Mike drops bombs all over this one. I like this song, but I'm still gonna call this version Orcacelot.
Uncle Pen - Not as tight as the olden days, but then what is in 3.1.
Boogie On - Mike completely OWNS this song every time. He let's the bow-wow get really dirty here. I always want this song to keep on going.
Gumbo - Always a great song. Nice and funky.
Timber - RAWSOME!!! 3 minutes in Mike gets nasty!!!! Love it!!! Trey's distorted whaling fits nicely in this song.
IDK - Average. Trey banter is always fun.
BOAF - Ripping jam. Mike again taking the lead here.
Bouncin' - it is what it is.
Reba - Nice chill and all. Mike is Phish!!!!
The Rover - Page should sing more often!! Trey get's fiery on the ax!!! Amazing cover. Loved it.

Mike is MVP for sure!!!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Undermind

I just listened to the Julius for the 1st time and I've got to say

HOLY SHIT IT RAWKS!

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

cactusfan

the standouts for me are:

boogie on - mike is the man! i should change my screen name to reflect that-- oh, wait.
timber - nice and blistering.
the rover - i hope they play this more.
fluffhead - really intense version. liked this one a lot.

some other nice rocking tunes, but nothing else that thrilled me.

Gumbo72203

Trey decides to play guitar again!!!

2nd set is meh-tastic until Fluff.  DWD didn't do anything a whole lotta interesting, and the Crosseyed which, while most assuredly totally enjoyable, is probably the worst they have ever done.  Considering the epic versions we've been graced with, that still allows a good amount of awesome, but this is just more like "Meh...  its Crosseyed.  yay" kinda thing.

I'm giving Trey a massive slap on the wrist for Crosseyed -> Nothing because Nothing is easily jammed into from Crosseyed, because they share an E major and a B note...  and they could have done it.  oh well.

Trey cops the Mansfield Weekapaug shred lick for the Fluff jam (that Bouncin' style solo lick).  I'd rather him copy his own licks tho than play whale all day, I think. 

I'm really getting tired of soupy bow-wow Mike during Hood intros now tho... 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

sls.stormyrider

through set 1
bowie - left me wanting
Boogie On - Mike (but Mike is the perennial MVP on all tunes)
Gumbo, Timber - the heat
Birds-strong, not a standout
Reba- good compared to other 3.0 versions
The Rover - liked it.

set 2 coming
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

VA $l!m

wow, were people actually bashing this 20 yrs l8r? i totally love this song.

BTw., dont blink biTchez....... :mrgreen:

Hicks

I don't think it was the song so much that was getting hate but the placement.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.