News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Fuck4paug

Started by redrum, July 06, 2010, 01:52:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kellerb

I think you guys have their motivation all wrong.

They clearly saw the thread, realized that we were having more fun than everyone at the show combined, and tried to recreate the unbridled rawefucksomeness for their paying audience.

Also, I didn't see it mentioned elsewhere, but this is obviously why they played RATM too.  They didn't have enough time to work up a whole show's worth of songs prominently featuring the word FUCK.

Superfreakie

You people are all fucked.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

redrum

Quote from: mistercharlie on July 06, 2010, 06:00:33 PM
Quote from: Hicks on July 06, 2010, 05:20:20 PM
Quote from: Superfreakie on July 06, 2010, 05:15:53 PM

A-fucking-men.

Hey, Fuck You!

u guys really think they're gona play it again??
sorry, not gona happen.
it was a once in a lifetime type of thing.
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

mistercharlie

Quote from: redrum on July 06, 2010, 06:03:58 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on July 06, 2010, 06:00:33 PM
Quote from: Hicks on July 06, 2010, 05:20:20 PM
Quote from: Superfreakie on July 06, 2010, 05:15:53 PM

A-fucking-men.

Hey, Fuck You!

u guys really think they're gona play it again??
sorry, not gona happen.
it was a once in a lifetime type of thing.

That's what people said about Destiny Unbound back in '03 when they busted it out.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

redrum

Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

sharebear

the one thing that I have learned in seeing 100+ shows is that the band will play whatever the fuck they want to play.  As much as the audience plays a role, brings a sign, sleeps with a band member and whispers requests into their ears, the band has no limitations. I think that the first leg of the tour has shown us that they are playing stronger and tighter than last year and that they are having a hell of a good time.

I say let em play shit from the 80's more than the new stuff cause only a % of people will know what the fuck is going on.... and that is what makes the shows exciting- not knowing what is next.

With the Grateful Dead you always knew that Fire on the Mountain was gonna come after Scarlet Begonias. Not the case with Phish.... you never know what will come after Mikes Song and if they will even bother going into Week4Paug.

For myself and my own enjoyment I like the element of surprise & not knowing what I am walking into when I hit up a show

But what the hell do I know.... 

JPhishman

Quote from: sophist on July 06, 2010, 02:14:50 PM
Quote from: mattstick on July 06, 2010, 02:10:37 PM

You really think Fuck Your Face was the ultimate bust out?
It hasn't been played since 87.  I'd say that's pretty fucking huge. 

Not to mention it gave us a fucking one-up on Caravan  :-D   Which is often sought but never fucking achieved.

Fuck yeah!

"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

sophist

Quote from: JPhishman on July 06, 2010, 06:59:23 PM
Quote from: sophist on July 06, 2010, 02:14:50 PM
Quote from: mattstick on July 06, 2010, 02:10:37 PM

You really think Fuck Your Face was the ultimate bust out?
It hasn't been played since 87.  I'd say that's pretty fucking huge. 

Not to mention it gave us a fucking one-up on Caravan  :-D   Which is often sought but never fucking achieved.

Fuck yeah!

QuoteI beat Caravan at Phish
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Hicks

JPhish and Sophist: 1

Caravan: 200 (give or take)
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

blatboom

Quote from: Hicks on July 06, 2010, 07:47:47 PM

it's a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately situation.

JPhishman

Quote from: Hicks on July 06, 2010, 07:47:47 PM

Hey dude, we're off the schnide and it feels good, alright?!  :-P

ETA: Fuck you!
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

MeltMe

Quote from: sharebear on July 06, 2010, 06:20:34 PM
With the Grateful Dead you always knew that Fire on the Mountain was gonna come after Scarlet Begonias. Not the case with Phish.... you never know what will come after Mikes Song and if they will even bother going into Week4Paug.

listen to the  :syf: boston garden 9-20-91 show...2nd set.

the crowd reaction when they do help>slip>FIRE and not franklin's says it all....i'm also thinking of the show when they do hey jude (ontario '93 im thinking)...the place fucking explodes. 

phish does that all the time although the crowd reaction may not be the same.  its one of the major reasons i consider  :phish: as my #1 over  :syf:  that and they've always managed to completely fuck my head up, on massive amounts of drugs and completely sober.

i completely agree with ya sharebear ;)
nothing i see can be taken from me...

Casey Lenahan

look at it this way, they played FYF!!! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
I owe Aug $20