News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

08/07 - Greek Theatre - Berkeley, CA - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by blatboom, August 08, 2010, 01:58:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mehead

Quote from: !cEm@n $l!m on August 12, 2010, 10:31:40 PM
Quote from: Superfreakie on August 12, 2010, 08:19:22 PM
Quote from: !cEm@n $l!m on August 12, 2010, 07:59:15 PM
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on August 12, 2010, 06:57:27 PM
i may dare call this the best overall 3.0 show.  This shit is just redonkeylous.

i'm glad ya'll like this show, and there are some very nice moments indeed.. .though, imho i'm not sure exactly what raises it to any level of "redonkeylous".

::devils advocate::

pwns.portsmouth.with.a.big.stick.

::devils advocate:: :wink:
:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
heh. i love how everyone gives me a hard time for enjoying the one show i saw this summer. classy.
ser., you cant find anywhere that ive ever posted that i think p-mouth is  the "best" show or anything close to that statement. get over it.

as far as this show, i just got thru the SUzy for the 1st time and id have to give you that it is somewhat "redonkulous" i guess...not sure how one quantifies redonkulaity, but i'll definitely agree that it was  a lot of fun to listen to. And i must admit i'm real excited to hear the slave followup.

This show IS great. for the most part there is little to complain about, and overall yet another step in the right direction for the band imo. as far as playing devils advocate im still not  sure if i can say if there is SO much of a difference between this show and some of the other ones i like from 3.0 to say that it is a clear cut "best of 3.0", but most definitely it will be in the contention.

i'm real interested in hearing this one again, and also since ive already listened to the 2nd nite T-ride i'd like to hear the 1st nite T-ride to fill in the progression in between.

I got your back on this show...the 46 days > Idea is $$$$
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

Superfreakie

Quote from: !cEm@n $l!m on August 12, 2010, 10:31:40 PM
Quote from: Superfreakie on August 12, 2010, 08:19:22 PM
Quote from: !cEm@n $l!m on August 12, 2010, 07:59:15 PM
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on August 12, 2010, 06:57:27 PM
i may dare call this the best overall 3.0 show.  This shit is just redonkeylous.

i'm glad ya'll like this show, and there are some very nice moments indeed.. .though, imho i'm not sure exactly what raises it to any level of "redonkeylous".

::devils advocate::

pwns.portsmouth.with.a.big.stick.

::devils advocate:: :wink:
:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
heh. i love how everyone gives me a hard time for enjoying the one show i saw this summer. classy.
ser., you cant find anywhere that ive ever posted that i think p-mouth is  the "best" show or anything close to that statement. get over it.

as far as this show, i just got thru the SUzy for the 1st time and id have to give you that it is somewhat "redonkulous" i guess...not sure how one quantifies redonkulaity, but i'll definitely agree that it was  a lot of fun to listen to. And i must admit i'm real excited to hear the slave followup.

This show IS great. for the most part there is little to complain about, and overall yet another step in the right direction for the band imo. as far as playing devils advocate im still not  sure if i can say if there is SO much of a difference between this show and some of the other ones i like from 3.0 to say that it is a clear cut "best of 3.0", but most definitely it will be in the contention.

i'm real interested in hearing this one again, and also since ive already listened to the 2nd nite T-ride i'd like to hear the 1st nite T-ride to fill in the progression in between.

just.taking.the.piss.outta.ya. :wink: :evil: :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Hicks

In any event I'm way behind but this show is ridiculously hott and easily blows away everything from leg I of 2010.

Dococelot = whale slayer! 

Thank you Phish and thank you Paul!
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

VA $l!m

Quote from: Hicks on August 13, 2010, 01:22:55 PM
ahem

Quote from: !cEm@n $l!m on June 17, 2010, 02:35:06 PM
:mrgreen:   best show evah brahski!!!!  :smoke:

:evil:

as of the date that was posted i stand by that statement 100%. 'evah' being the first four shows of the first leg of this summer's tour of course. :-D
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Superfreakie

Quote from: Hicks on August 13, 2010, 01:24:49 PM
In any event I'm way behind but this show is ridiculously hott and easily blows away everything from leg I of 2010.

Dococelot = whale slayer! 

Thank you Phish and thank you Paul!

Dococelot.......we.had.Docelot.but.adding.the.oc.is.very.creative.Will.need.to.add.this.option.to.the.poll ASAP:evil: :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

sls.stormyrider

I would rate this Light jam, Suzie, and Slave in with the better tier from the entire  :phish: library - not just 3.0.

great stuff
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

mehead

Quote from: slslbs on August 13, 2010, 08:00:27 PM
I would rate this Light jam, Suzie, and Slave in with the better tier from the entire  :phish: library - not just 3.0.

great stuff

I would have to agree w/ you there...that Suz is  :rawk:

mehead

the opening 3-layer samich of Bag, Foam and Jibboo is freakin' $$$$$$   :rockout:

gainesvillegreen

Sleep Again

Is this a toss away song on the paug?

Being the Page fan that I am, I dug the shit out of this seeing it live. Sleep Again is not as straight forward as it may seem when you sit down at or pick up your instrument to learn it (which I assume ALL paugers do prior to shitting on  :phish: songs old and new with red-faced abdominal strain). Page really shines on this version, as he did with the 8 version. Almost like a Strange Design category of song, where Trey wrote it, but it is really for Page.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

nab

Quote from: gainesvillegreen on August 21, 2010, 01:50:25 AM
Sleep Again

Being the Page fan that I am, I dug the shit out of this seeing it live. Sleep Again is not as straight forward as it may seem when you sit down at or pick up your instrument to learn it (which I assume ALL paugers do prior to shitting on  :phish: songs old and new with red-faced abdominal strain). Page really shines on this version, as he did with the 8 version. Almost like a Strange Design category of song, where Trey wrote it, but it is really for Page.

Agreed.  I've always liked Sleep Again; TAB or otherwise, it's not a downer song in a setlist for me at all.

Superfreakie

Quote from: nab on August 21, 2010, 01:58:05 AM
Sleep Again

Agreed.  I've always liked Sleep Again; TAB or otherwise, it's not a downer song in a setlist for me at all.

well I prefer it to joy, let me die, summer of 89, show of life, Alaska, Time Turns Elastic.......so yeah, I like it. It's got a nifty rhythm hook.

gainesvillegreen

Quote from: Superfreakie on August 21, 2010, 02:19:51 AM
Sleep Again

well I prefer it to joy, let me die, summer of 89, show of life, Alaska, Time Turns Elastic.......so yeah, I like it. It's got a nifty rhythm hook.

:wink:
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

Superfreakie

Quote from: gainesvillegreen on August 21, 2010, 02:24:04 AM
Quote from: Superfreakie on August 21, 2010, 02:19:51 AM
Sleep Again

:wink:

all kidding aside, I do enjoy it. As I said, I like the hook.

JPhishman

I think this Light jam is a contender for best of 3.0. Seriously beautiful places were reached.

Know what else I love about this and the Cities jam? They just scream west coast.

"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie