News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vibes & More for our friend, WhyWeigh

Started by gah, August 11, 2010, 03:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

Quote from: whyweigh4.5 on August 19, 2010, 03:06:57 AM
i just want to say thank you to everyone.  just readingthis thread has msde my day.  i wish i could post more but its difficult for me to type right now.  when iam better i will be able to thank you all personsally

Glad to hear you're doing a little better Shawn!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

This is from PP:

Quote from: whyweigh
ok, i got somehelp posting some pics.  I got my dad to prop his laptop up in front of my face.  thisreally sucks not being able to move anything besides my arms.. and my right arm is in a cast.  And I was able to stand almost on my own today for about a minute.  with a walker thing to brace myself with

here are some pics.  I was driving the fordfocus.  The chevy minivan is what i hit head on and i guess he was hauling a trailer with 4 motocross bikes also.  ss and the hyandai is wha hit me from behimd
http://www.flickr.com/photos/liquidgoggles/sets/72157624749226640/with/4903243494/

ph92

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 19, 2010, 10:06:22 AM
This is from PP:

Quote from: whyweigh
ok, i got somehelp posting some pics.  I got my dad to prop his laptop up in front of my face.  thisreally sucks not being able to move anything besides my arms.. and my right arm is in a cast.  And I was able to stand almost on my own today for about a minute.  with a walker thing to brace myself with

here are some pics.  I was driving the fordfocus.  The chevy minivan is what i hit head on and i guess he was hauling a trailer with 4 motocross bikes also.  ss and the hyandai is wha hit me from behimd
http://www.flickr.com/photos/liquidgoggles/sets/72157624749226640/with/4903243494/
well at least you are makin some progress buddy :-) i hope you get better soon...

ipad.... i just realized my dad got one for free from a company picnic, he still hasnt opened it and i dont seem him really using it that much, he said he would use it like a kindle pretty much (he has one of those and doesnt use it) so ill see if he would donate oor maybe we could pay him like a hundred or so $, its unopened and i think its the big one.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

VA $l!m

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: antelope19 on August 19, 2010, 09:14:30 AM
Quote from: UncleEbinezer on August 19, 2010, 08:40:33 AM
i just want to say thank you to everyone.  just readingthis thread has msde my day.  i wish i could post more but its difficult for me to type right now.  when iam better i will be able to thank you all personsally

And seeing this has made mine and probably a lot of others.  Glad to hear you are doing OK and on the way to recovery!

this

yes....

and i haven't really gotten to check the paug too much since i left last week for DC>Alpine and work's been hectic since i got back... you guys have had me in tears from page one. this community has bigger hearts than any people i've ever across.

and like he said:

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on August 19, 2010, 09:26:38 AM
lets get this man an ipad, stat.

i'm in.
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

guyforget

some people on pp are concerned that an ipad is frivolous in the face of all of his bills, so i'm going to crosspost my reply from there...

when i was there yesterday his mom was most concerned w/ keeping him busy / sane in that bed that he's confined to, and something w/ internet access would certainly help that.  when i asked what else he may need help with, she didnt say one word about all of the bills piling up.  i think that given all of the health issues that shawn has had over the past 7 years, he might have some kind of health plan or something that helps him out w/ these bills.  i honestly have no idea, its not something we've ever talked about and its probably none of my business - but he has had what im sure are huge medical bills for many years, and when asked what we should focus on, his mom said a computer would go a long way towards helping his boredom, etc.

i am going to set up a specific paypal account for this.  the password will be given to shawn so that he can monitor it and keep us honest. 

another pp member has offered to help out w/ some auction site code that he wrote for another purpose a while back.  i should be able to get it running @ week4paug.net and we can set up some auctions for the cause like that, hopefully next week.  this will keep us from having to pay fees while still keeping us honest. 

Quote from: mattstick on August 19, 2010, 09:30:03 AM
Does the hospital have wireless? otherwise a 3G iPad would have to include a data plan.

pretty sure the hospital here in denver has wireless, theyre already online using his dad's netbook and it didnt have any wireless cards or anything on it when i saw it yesterday. 

-AD_

guyforget

i have set up an email address and paypal account for donations:

whyweighfundraiser@gmail.com

i will give shawn the passwords to both accounts so that he can monitor them.  the paypal account is not tied to any bank or credit account.  we can decide whether or not i should transfer funds to my account as we make purchases, or if we should just let him take the account over and buy what he wants, though i think that the initial gift of an ipad should be handled through me since i can go purchase it, take it to poofer for 1st sync on a mac, and deliver it to the hospital. 

i suppose that if people would like to donate w/out contributing to the ipad fund, they could continue to paypal him directly. 

next week i will work w/ pp'er phishdisc to get his auction software running on my server.  after that we can start arranging auctions for prints that people would like to donate.  unless we decide that the exposure that we can get on ebay is still worth eating the fees....
-AD_

guyforget

also, to elaborate on a conversation that undermind and i are having -

once we have a centralized point of information such as a site w/ private auctions, etc, (which i will begin working on soon) i will distribute the link to other communities and info sites like phish.net to try to increase exposure.

-AD_

thechad

Quote from: !cEm@n $l!m on August 19, 2010, 12:25:14 PM
speedy recovery bro

Just found out about all of this, get healed up soon man!
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

mbw

donated.

we should be able to reach the $500 or so for an ipad lickity split.

ytowndan

Glad to see you around!  I hope your recovery is as quick as possible. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

MiamiPhish

Glad to help out.  Get well soon, Shawn.

ph92

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on August 19, 2010, 01:59:05 PM
donated.

i can still talk to my dad and then the rest of the money can go for something else like a computer, cause more cost effective = better
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

justjezmund

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on August 19, 2010, 01:59:05 PM
donated.

i think im just slow, but is there a separate link for the paypal?  ive never used it before.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

mattstick

The address is here:

Quote from: guyforget on August 19, 2010, 01:33:51 PM
i have set up an email address and paypal account for donations:

whyweighfundraiser@gmail.com

You'll need a Paypal account to contribute.