News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

College Football 2010

Started by antelope19, September 07, 2010, 03:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superfreakie

How in God's name can Luck believe it is in his best interest to stay in school? Complete insanity. 
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Bobafett

Quote from: Superfreakie on January 06, 2011, 11:42:28 PM
How in God's name can Luck believe it is in his best interest to stay in school? Complete insanity.
prep school ass...
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

guyforget

Quote from: Bobafett on January 07, 2011, 02:45:38 AM
prep school ass...

pfffft, apparently he's not met ben roethlisberger? 

-AD_

zimbra

"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Superfreakie

Quote from: Bobafett on January 07, 2011, 02:45:38 AM
prep school ass...

gets pwned by supermodel ass.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

blatboom

in all seriousness I'm not sure what his thought process is here.  he knows his coach is gone, and he knows he was a lock for #1 pick.  I don't care what shitty team he would be going to, there's no way he can do better next year given the uncertainty with the CBA

phil

^^^pretty sure Luck is staying at Stanford because his mom wants him to finish his degree (not that I blame her, he'd better be able to get another job if the NFL is locked out). It's not like he's at Alabama or something where the degree is essentially just a piece of paper. This kid is at Stanford and therefore that degree means a hell of a lot more than it would at many other schools. And I think I heard that he's got a badass insurance policy for if he gets hurt next season (like career-ending type of hurt)
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

guyforget

plenty of players finish their degree from the nfl. 
-AD_

postjack

Quote from: phil on January 09, 2011, 10:57:54 AM
It's not like he's at Alabama or something where the degree is essentially just a piece of paper.

* postjack as sole Alabama pauger shakes fist angrily at Phil
Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

phil

Quote from: postjack on January 09, 2011, 12:42:10 PM
It's not like he's at Alabama or something where the degree is essentially just a piece of paper.

I was just throwing it out there, I could have just as easily said South Carolina
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

postjack

Quote from: phil on January 09, 2011, 12:48:04 PM
Quote from: postjack on January 09, 2011, 12:42:10 PM

I was just throwing it out there, I could have just as easily said South Carolina

* postjack as southern pauger shakes fist angrily at Phil

i'm just messing with you. :wink:
Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

phil

^^ gotcha. I live in SC most of the year for school so I've got a soft sport for the Gamecocks. The way they throw away opportunities at winning (against Auburn this season is the best example) makes me reminisce over being a UVA fan in my youth.

blatboom

Quote from: guyforget on January 09, 2011, 12:24:47 PM
exactly, the two are not mutually exclusive.  and I think I heard that policy is for $10 mil.

phil

Quote from: blatboom on January 09, 2011, 01:52:30 PM
Quote from: guyforget on January 09, 2011, 12:24:47 PM
exactly, the two are not mutually exclusive.  and I think I heard that policy is for $10 mil.

So if he sustains a terrible injury this year at Stanford, he will have a sizeable sum of money and an architecture degree. Whether or not this guy ends up in the NFL, he stands to do something he loves and make a damn good living at it.

guyforget

who are you, his f'n mom?

#1 pick in nfl draft is not equatable to being an architect.  how many architects graduate every year?  how many people get picked first in the nfl draft? 
-AD_