News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

LOST?

Started by August, September 10, 2005, 03:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

I'd say it's quite unlikely for lil Ben to be dead as that would create a mighty paradox.

khalpin

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 26, 2009, 05:28:51 AM
I'd say it's quite unlikely for lil Ben to be dead as that would create a mighty paradox.
Yeah, but I thought maybe the story would go somewhere along the lines of A Sound of Thunder by Ray Bradbury.

Mr Minor

Quote from: thechad on March 26, 2009, 01:00:56 AM
It all goes back to what Faraday said in an earlier episode, that they can't change anything, Sayid shooting Ben as a child is what leads him to what he becomes/became when Sayid first met him.   And my theory is that Ben remembers all of them, all of them that are now part of the Dharma Initiative are the same ones who were first brought to "Otherton" by Micheal when he was trying to get Walt back and when the got off the island.  I think that Ben remembered them all from his childhood, and was told by one of them what was happening to them and that they were from the future (possibly Richard?).  That's why they were the ones chosen and that's how he was able to have such large files and know almost everything about their lives in what seemed like a very short amount of time.  This is because he had been watching them and gathering all of this information about them over a long period of time, knowing that they were going to show up and roughly when.  What does all of that mean and what is it going to lead up to, I have no idea, but it's what I came up with while watching the episode tonight.

I like it.  Totally makes sense with how prepared the "others" were when the plane crashed.

Also, no comment on the "truth serum" scene from anyone?

"Maybe I used too much.  Maybe I should have just used half of a dropper."

"You used just the right amount. Bwhahahahahaha."

rowjimmy

Truth serum?

You mean the LSD?

loved it.

Mr Minor

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 26, 2009, 08:24:58 AM
Truth serum?

You mean the LSD?

loved it.

'xactly.   :wink:

mistercharlie

Great point thechad! That makes complete sense.

And I loved the 'Truth Serum'. Who's gonna believe a man who tripping balls when he tells you he's from the future and that you're all going to die?
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

ytowndan

I was under the impression they gave Sayid sodium pentothal. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

rowjimmy

Dropper on a sugar cube?
Is that how you give someone sodium pentathol?

ytowndan

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 26, 2009, 05:32:43 PM
Dropper on a sugar cube?

Well you don't need a sugar cube (I think that's why everyone was thrown off by it), but it can be given orally or intravenously. 

khalpin

Quote from: ytowndan on March 26, 2009, 05:39:00 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on March 26, 2009, 05:32:43 PM
Dropper on a sugar cube?

Well you don't need a sugar cube (I think that's why everyone was thrown off by it), but it can be given orally or intravenously. 

he he he....orally...he he he

rowjimmy

I'm going to believe that it was lsd.
LSD has been tested as a truth serum and, it's way hipper.

Mr Minor

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 26, 2009, 10:31:22 PM

Tested and used by the CIA during the '60s and '70s. 
And way hippier  :wink:. 
I mean check out Horace.  Those Dharma dudes are total hippies.  They have the VW buses to prove it.   :-D

ytowndan

Quote from: Mr Minor on March 26, 2009, 10:34:25 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on March 26, 2009, 10:31:22 PM

Tested and used by the CIA during the '60s and '70s. 
And way hippier  :wink:. 
I mean check out Horace.  Those Dharma dudes are total hippies.  They have the VW buses to prove it.   :-D

" Namaste, maaaan.  Welcome to the iiiisland!"   :-D

But, seriously though, I didn't know that they tested LSD as a 'truth serum' back then.  I guess it makes more sense given that they are in 1977.

And, while we're still on the topic...Was I the only one who thought at first that they were going to dose him really hard, and then torture him to get him to talk?  I mean, the way they pumped up that character, and basically told Sayid that "they don't want to have to resort to that".  And, Sawyer really stressed that he wanted to talk to him first, before they sent him to that "psycho".  Just curious if anyone else thought that at first. 

Mr Minor

I thought it was going to be much nastier than that. 

But then again, the Dharma people seem very non-violent, so that makes sense why they didn't rough him up.

rowjimmy

I thought that was a weird oversell at first but then it struck me that Sawyer would not be worried about Sayid talking under traditional torture methods of interrogation. It's the chemicals that are so hard to beat that had Sawyer scared.