News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

LOST?

Started by August, September 10, 2005, 03:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattstick

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on March 24, 2006, 05:07:11 PM
I think it's pretty obvious that the father of her baby is the man who taught her english, the hotel manager, her original suitor.

They've been on the island at least 50+ days, I don't think it's possible for him to be the father.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: mattstick on March 24, 2006, 05:16:02 PM
I think it's pretty obvious that the father of her baby is the man who taught her english, the hotel manager, her original suitor.

They've been on the island at least 50+ days, I don't think it's possible for him to be the father.

I thought it was around 30 days?

birdman

I'm pretty sure she told Jin that she didn't cheat on him, to not hurt his feelings any further.

Its too easy though. I like my theory much better. :-D
Also, did you catch when Henry Gale said something like "...these others, those who you think are your enemies..." . I have a feeling he is one of the others...but I think we have the wrong idea about them. Im sure we'll eventually find out... Im not going to stop watching.
Paug FTMFW!

mattstick

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on March 24, 2006, 05:17:22 PM

The episode where they showed the backstory for the tail-enders was called "The Other 48 Days", and that episode was a while ago...

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: birdman on March 24, 2006, 05:18:39 PM
I'm pretty sure she told Jin that she didn't cheat on him, to not hurt his feelings any further.

Its too easy though. I like my theory much better. :-D
Also, did you catch when Henry Gale said something like "...these others, those who you think are your enemies..." . I have a feeling he is one of the others...but I think we have the wrong idea about them. Im sure we'll eventually find out... Im not going to stop watching.

Yes...and when he asked about the equipment and the cereal in the bunker...he asked "Don't you want to know more about them" in a way that implied to me that he had the knowledge and was taking satisfaction in the fact that he knew things about the island that they did not.

mattstick

My alternate theory is that Rosseau is always right (does anyone have proof otherwise?), and she said that he's an other and that for a long time he will lie (they keep showing that in the recaps).

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: mattstick on March 24, 2006, 05:19:27 PM
Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on March 24, 2006, 05:17:22 PM

The episode where they showed the backstory for the tail-enders was called "The Other 48 Days", and that episode was a while ago...

Your right, according to wiki...the first episode of the second season is 44 days in....which was clearly at least a week ago. (Lost time)

And I agree that Rosseau is always right about facts concerning the island...

I still think she is an other.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Also, from my studies of what wiki says about pregnancy...

She is fairly normal for a pregnancy that is two months along.  She just started morning sickness.  The only other sign she would have noticed before now is an interruption in her menstral cycle.  I think he behavior is indicative of someone who was sure that the baby was because of her cheating...and I'm pretty sure that she believes the theory that I posited.

While it is less CERTAIN than I thought originally, I'd say that there is at least as much of a chance that it is the Hotel guys baby as there is that it isn't.

Interesting Jesus theory however.  I dig that kind of thinking... and I kinda hope you guys are right:)

fauxpaxfauxreal

Oh... I don't think Rousseau was correct about the illness.

mattstick

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on March 24, 2006, 05:35:37 PM

I think that we learned in Maternity Ward that she's not just crazy, so I think she's right about the infection/illness stuff - the others are infecting people, and infected people will die.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: mattstick on March 24, 2006, 05:38:56 PM
Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on March 24, 2006, 05:35:37 PM

I think that we learned in Maternity Ward that she's not just crazy, so I think she's right about the infection/illness stuff - the others are infecting people, and infected people will die.

We also learned in maternity ward that she thought her daughter was dead...and we were led to believe she's erroneous about that...that her daughter in fact is with the others.  I think we learned in maternity ward that she isn't ENTIRELY crazy, but I think her relevations to the groups are too manipulative to not have an ulterior motive.

For example, why would she tell the survivors about the other in the net, if she didn't expect them to cut him out and hold him hostage?

Why would she come back just as the baby is sick, if she didn't want to lead them to the bunker?

I think we will find out more about the supposed "sickness"...but I do think that her presentation of the sickness is a "red herring".

mattstick

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on March 24, 2006, 05:44:06 PM
We also learned in maternity ward that she thought her daughter was dead...and we were led to believe she's erroneous about that...that her daughter in fact is with the others.

I'm not so sure that's the case - when did she say her daugher was dead?  Rosseau's character is very cryptic - the things she says can be interpretted differently and are often not what you think - one good (and simple) example was "the black rock".

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: mattstick on March 24, 2006, 05:48:51 PM
Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on March 24, 2006, 05:44:06 PM
We also learned in maternity ward that she thought her daughter was dead...and we were led to believe she's erroneous about that...that her daughter in fact is with the others.

I'm not so sure that's the case - when did she say her daugher was dead?  Rosseau's character is very cryptic - the things she says can be interpretted differently and are often not what you think - one good (and simple) example was "the black rock".

True.  But, until we learn otherwise...I still think she's wrong about the illness.

mattstick

You think she's wrong about people being infected?

I thought they made that pretty clear that's what was going on when Ethan was giving Claire needles.  The reason Rosseau's daughter is alive is because she's been given the vaccine.

What's really stupid is that Desmond, the guy who was in the hatch at the beginning of S2 has just disappeared (and now he's on 24).  Talk about a useless character twist - they should've actually done something with whomever was in the hatch when they opened it.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: mattstick on March 24, 2006, 05:55:53 PM

You think she's wrong about people being infected?

I thought they made that pretty clear that's what was going on when Ethan was giving Claire needles.  The reason Rosseau's daughter is alive is because she's been given the vaccine.

What's really stupid is that Desmond, the guy who was in the hatch at the beginning of S2 has just disappeared (and now he's on 24).  Talk about a useless character twist - they should've actually done something with whomever was in the hatch when they opened it.

Yes it is!  AND EVERYONE JUST ACCEPTED HIS DISSAPEARANCE.  I keep holding out hope that he'll show up later on.