News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

LOST?

Started by August, September 10, 2005, 03:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: mattstick on March 24, 2006, 05:55:53 PM

You think she's wrong about people being infected?

I thought they made that pretty clear that's what was going on when Ethan was giving Claire needles.  The reason Rosseau's daughter is alive is because she's been given the vaccine.

I actually think it is very unclear what was going on when Ethan was giving Claire needles.

Why were they going to kill Claire to take her baby?
If she was giving Claire's baby a vaccination against an illness, and they didn't have enough vaccine for Claire, why isn't anyone (Claire included) sick?
What is the others motivation to make people sick?

The more I think about, the less clear Ethan and the others actions in the medical unit of the island make sense.

Hopefully these will be explained later.

mattstick

People are'nt sick *yet*.  I have a feeling people will start to get sick at some point - of course this is based on my "everything Rosseau says will come true theory".

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: mattstick on March 24, 2006, 06:13:26 PM

People are'nt sick *yet*.  I have a feeling people will start to get sick at some point - of course this is based on my "everything Rosseau says will come true theory".

Yeah, the more I think about it...the more I hope lost doesn't fall on its face.

It seems really directionless now...they have to figure out what's going on and quick.

For example, Sun's baby won't be born until at least 6 years from now....That's a long time to wait for it to be the jesus of the island.

VA $l!m

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

next week maybe i'll wake up.

till then, ya'll should be tryin to catch reruns of the shield and battlestar galactica.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: VA slim on March 24, 2006, 06:34:35 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

till then, ya'll should be tryin to catch reruns of the shield and battlestar galactica.

rrrriiggghhhhht.  I'm not a shield fluffer like the rest of america.  And I liked Battlestar Galactica the first time...when it was called "Star Wars".

VA $l!m

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on March 24, 2006, 06:45:17 PM

rrrriiggghhhhht.  I'm not a shield fluffer like the rest of america.  And I liked Battlestar Galactica the first time...when it was called "Star Wars".

??????????????????????????????
star wars is a movie.
and how much of the current series have you seen?
it has stellar writing, acting, plot twists---drama-period. trust me i watch alot of TV, i know a winner when i see it.
not sure what a 'sheild fluffer' is, but it is consistently one of the best all around shows on tv. now if cops arent your thing... even muderous theifing ones, than i can see not diggin it, though personally i am a LAw and order, NYPD blue, Homicide life on the street, etc etc fan all the way, and the sheid reigns supreme currently unless you include HBO programming.

LOST is for lightweights. :wink:

birdman

I liked Battlestar Galacctica the first time...when it was Battlestar Galactica. (I remember watching it when I was a wee lad with my Dad).
Paug FTMFW!

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: VA slim on March 24, 2006, 06:56:58 PM
Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on March 24, 2006, 06:45:17 PM

??????????????????????????????
star wars is a movie.
and how much of the current series have you seen?
it has stellar writing, acting, plot twists---drama-period. trust me i watch alot of TV, i know a winner when i see it.
not sure what a 'sheild fluffer' is, but it is consistently one of the best all around shows on tv. now if cops arent your thing... even muderous theifing ones, than i can see not diggin it, though personally i am a LAw and order, NYPD blue, Homicide life on the street, etc etc fan all the way, and the sheid reigns supreme currently unless you include HBO programming.

LOST is for lightweights. :wink:

haha.  the original battlestar gallactica is regularly criticized for ripping off the star wars movie.  Even the name "Battlestar" is eerily similar to Star Wars.  The Star Wars movie appeared in 1977 and Battlestar appeared in 1978.

As to the shield, I'm not a fan of cop shows....you pegged it right there.  

jephrey

Although there's a look on Sun's face, and it's possible that the guy in the hotel is the father, I think the island "cured" Jin as it allowed Locke to walk again.
OOPS... I'll edit before a reply.  I don't think her and Jin have been intimate.  He does say it's a miracle.  She either has that look because of hotel boy, or she's scared of her immaculate conception. 

I think Henry is a scientist.  But I also think he came in on a balloon.  That's his out.  He may be a degenerate scientist.  None of the "others" ever got caught by Rousseau's net.  Why?  Because they know.  There was a look on his face when Sayid finally left the cell, like a look of victory.  I think there's something different with him, hes not just a scared balloon traveller.  If he was, the group should employ him to make a balloon.  And he could even be using logic on Locke and John.  They will find the balloon, and he's already given them the idea that if they do, he's innocent.

What pisses me off most about the show is that everyone has something to hide (except me an my monkey).  And in doing so, they hide other information.  If they pooled their information, it'd be so much easier to get along.

Next week does look cool, for whatever reason, the hatch shuts down.  I wonder if Henry has something to do with the timer running out.  How would he know that it's important?  I think he knows that if he lets it run out, something that would benefit him may come out of it.  Hmmmmmmm.

Just some thoughts.

Jephrey
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

VA $l!m

good one tonite?

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: VA slim on March 29, 2006, 07:43:07 PM
good one tonite?

Goin to the bar to see it on the big screen!

jephrey

QuoteThey will find the balloon, and he's already given them the idea that if they do, he's innocent.

Ha, I knew this guy was a fake.  So, Locke rattled off the numbers for the computer pretty fast and not only did he remember them, but did after he was passed out.  I also think that being a scientist or whatever isn't totally bad.  Unfortunately, I think that Sayid is going to kill him (Like Charlie killed Ethan) and no information will be able to be extracted. 

So the new food comes in by parachute, and nobody heard a plane?  I gotta get a screenshot of what locke saw on the wall.

Damn good episode, but they need to tie up at least one loose end soon.  I don't want this thing to drag any more than it has.

Jephrey
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

VA $l!m

BREAK OUT YOUR BLACKLIGHTS!
we're having a 70s party--lost style!! :mrgreen:

VA $l!m

wow! i'm back on the lost bandwagon...
that was my fav ep. of this season.
i still feel like i'm dosed... :-o

...or maybe the whole thing was just my subconscious trying to wake me up from my coma...... :|

birdman

If the shows finale includes Hurley waking up from a dream...Im asking CBS for all the wasted hours of my life back.

Honestly, I like the direction the show is heading...Id love to get a good look at the blacklight map in the hatch.
Paug FTMFW!