News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Walking Dead

Started by mistercharlie, October 21, 2010, 09:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Quote from: ytowndan on December 09, 2010, 03:47:07 PM
I think I'm gonna check out the books.  I'm on break until early Jan, so I'll have extra time on my hands.   

I read the whole series in about two days.

phil

Quote from: rowjimmy on December 10, 2010, 01:10:01 PM
Quote from: ytowndan on December 09, 2010, 03:47:07 PM
I think I'm gonna check out the books.  I'm on break until early Jan, so I'll have extra time on my hands.   

I read the whole series in about two days.

I want to do this, but my final exams are currently holding me down and getting the lube ready.

I've been at them for about three days, currently on issue 28.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

mbw

the season closer was a little weird.
way to quick to find this, place, chill, fight and explode....all in one episode?

hopefully they devote a little more time to the story line next season.

oh, and for a zombie show, tense/scary zombie moments have been few and far between....

mehead

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on December 11, 2010, 11:01:14 PM
way to quick to find this, place, chill, fight and explode....all in one episode?

oh, and for a zombie show, tense/scary zombie moments have been few and far between....

2nd'd..just finished watching the last 3 episodes the other day..I def. thought they were going to be at the CDC for a couple of episodes (ovbviously carrying into the next season)
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

McGrupp

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on December 11, 2010, 11:01:14 PM

I kind of like the lack of "zombie-action". It's less like a movie that way. Also I think this helps to build tension - the whole idea of there being zombies lurking around is utilized as more of a mind game in this show, rather than an outlet for action sequences. I like this because it kind of wears you down mentally and keeps you on edge instead of keeping you occupied with random movie-like thriller scenes.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

Igbo

Just bought my wife The Walking Dead first 10 issues for xmas. How romantic?

mistercharlie

Quote from: Igbo on December 21, 2010, 11:14:34 PM
Just bought my wife The Walking Dead first 10 issues for xmas. How romantic?

I bought the first collected volume for my friend/lawyer Kelly. She loves everything Zombie. She has the biggest collection of shitty zombie movies there is.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

McGrupp

I just had the most intense zombie dream!

One of the most vivid dreams I've had in a few years.

F'n awesome.

I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

phil

Quote from: McGrupp on December 22, 2010, 09:50:32 AM

F'n awesome.

Dude too weird, I had zombie dreams too last night. I jolted awake at 5:30 this morning ready to blast some walkers (in my dream they were about to chow down on me). I've been stuck on zombies all day, I can't focus on anything.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

cactusfan

Quote from: phil on December 22, 2010, 11:43:20 AM

F'n awesome.

Dude too weird, I had zombie dreams too last night. I jolted awake at 5:30 this morning ready to blast some walkers (in my dream they were about to chow down on me). I've been stuck on zombies all day, I can't focus on anything.

you guys are freaking me out. i had an insanely long zombie apocalypse dream last night. it went all over the place. we were trapped in a house for awhile, we had to make for a ship and get to an island, and there was even a part of it where i wasn't so much in it as i was watching it, and my dream-self thought 'hey, THIS episode of the walking dead is actually fucking awesome!'

mistercharlie

Quote from: cactusfan on December 22, 2010, 06:35:11 PM

F'n awesome.

you guys are freaking me out. i had an insanely long zombie apocalypse dream last night. it went all over the place. we were trapped in a house for awhile, we had to make for a ship and get to an island, and there was even a part of it where i wasn't so much in it as i was watching it, and my dream-self thought 'hey, THIS episode of the walking dead is actually fucking awesome!'

You guys were all just subliminally inspired by rj.

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 29, 2010, 12:52:50 PM
Dreamed that I was fighting off the Zombie apocalypse with Pie-Guy at my side.

Not a joke.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

phil

F'n awesome.

I had the same thought at one point (about it being an episode of walking dead) in my dream. I woke up at the point when I felt hands on me and zombies about to bite into me. Literally came up swinging (and then I realized I was punching air and being a retard)

McGrupp

F'n awesome.

Why did we all have zombie dreams last night...?

I was actually telling phil that I wasn't too freaked out by my dream - it was actually kinda fun. The "zombies" in my dream weren't even as intense as they are in the walking dead. I was safe from them as long as i was behind a locked door. I was in this huuuuuge house and it was almost more of a puzzle than anything else - lots of going from one locked room to the next, but zombies were getting trapped in some rooms and it was hard to keep track of them all! But the f*ckers were slow as hell, so blasting them with a magnum really wasn't that hard at all.

::would dream it again::

:lol:

phil

My dream was bizzare and scary but I would definitely dream it again. At the end of the dream, I was cornered on the roof deck of McGrupp's mtn house blasting zombies with the shotgun that Shane uses in the show and singing "I shall be released." When I ran out of ammo and got overrun was when I woke up.

Shit's going down. Zombies are coming.

Igbo

So just finished reading this:

I definately really enjoyed it. Different from what has happened so far on the show, and imo in a better way too!! Super easy and fun read. I just ordered the next 2 books. i'm more stoked to see what happens in the books over the show.