News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Walking Dead

Started by mistercharlie, October 21, 2010, 09:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Igbo

Heard an interview with Robert Kirkman the writer of Walking dead this morning on Sirius.

He said the next season will be 13 episodes and will be definately drawing more closer to the books. He said they will be introducing characters like Michonne and hopefully The Govenor this season.

ytowndan

http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2011/03/stephen-king-co-writing-walking-dead-episode-with-joe-hill

QuoteWhile most fathers bond with their sons through a game of catch or a weekend of fishing, Stephen King spends time with his son by coming up with new ways to scare the bejesus out of us.

While we reported earlier this week that Stephen King was in talks to write an episode of AMC's hit The Walking Dead, it is now confirmed that the plan is for King to team up with his son, Joe Hill, on the episode. While nothing is definite yet, the episode would air during the next two seasons of the show.

King has written numerous best-selling books such as The Shining, the Dark Tower series and countless others, but his son has been gaining just as much notoriety recently with his novels Heart Shaped Box, Horns and his comic series Locke & Key.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

mistercharlie

Quote from: ytowndan on March 25, 2011, 05:04:08 PM
http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2011/03/stephen-king-co-writing-walking-dead-episode-with-joe-hill

QuoteWhile most fathers bond with their sons through a game of catch or a weekend of fishing, Stephen King spends time with his son by coming up with new ways to scare the bejesus out of us.

While we reported earlier this week that Stephen King was in talks to write an episode of AMC's hit The Walking Dead, it is now confirmed that the plan is for King to team up with his son, Joe Hill, on the episode. While nothing is definite yet, the episode would air during the next two seasons of the show.

King has written numerous best-selling books such as The Shining, the Dark Tower series and countless others, but his son has been gaining just as much notoriety recently with his novels Heart Shaped Box, Horns and his comic series Locke & Key.

Awesome!! I've read a little of Joe Hill's Locke & Key and thought he was a good writer. I bet this episode will be pretty good.

Also, I like the mention of 'The next two seasons of the show'. That makes me happy.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

ytowndan

Yep.  Two bits of awesome news for the price of one!
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

VA $l!m

BZIZYUNMPP!! :samurai:

new season in a week! w00t!

stoked that one week after Breakin Bad wraps that this is startin up.
no break in my Sunday nite awesome tv scheduel!
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Lifeboy

psyched.

I did my catching up in the off-season.

Ready to go.
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

VA $l!m

Quote from: Lifeboy on October 08, 2011, 05:58:38 PM
psyched.

I did my catching up in the off-season.

Ready to go.

yeah, i'm sorta suprised AMC hasn't advertised any sort of rehash marathon of season 1 for this week.
i'm sorta thinking that it might actually be because of the behind the scenes negativity that was apparent.
which could mean this season is going to RAWK!

VA $l!m

Good news!
there will be a season 1 marathon next Sunday starting @ 1:30 or 2:30 est i beleive, running all day up to the season 2 premiere.

Igbo

Quote from: VA $l!m on October 10, 2011, 11:10:14 AM
Good news!
there will be a season 1 marathon next Sunday starting @ 1:30 or 2:30 est i beleive, running all day up to the season 2 premiere.

For any Verizon FIOS subscribers- all of season 1 is on demand

rowjimmy

Quote from: Igbo on October 10, 2011, 11:44:04 AM
Good news!

It's also on Netflix Streaming.

mistercharlie

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 10, 2011, 12:54:10 PM
Quote from: Igbo on October 10, 2011, 11:44:04 AM
Good news!

It's also on Netflix Streaming.

Had not noticed it was on there yet, thanks!

I know what I'm doing after I get out of class tonight...
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

McGrupp

I had another zombie apocalypse dream last night - I'm so psyched for this new season!
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

phil

Quote from: McGrupp on October 14, 2011, 09:26:58 AM
I had another zombie apocalypse dream last night - I'm so psyched for this new season!

Been having them off and on for about a week now. It's what I miss most about this show.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

McGrupp

Quote from: phil on October 14, 2011, 09:44:04 AM

Been having them off and on for about a week now. It's what I miss most about this show.

Me too! I fucking love my zombie apocalypse dreams.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

phil

Quote from: McGrupp on October 14, 2011, 09:46:28 AM
Quote from: phil on October 14, 2011, 09:44:04 AM

Me too! I fucking love my zombie apocalypse dreams.

They are the best. Except when they don't follow the rules (I woke up pissed one day because people in my dream could be cured and that shit just ain't happening)
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?